Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

lol!! Well thats part of it!!! Need to get out of the city really, but DEFFO need weather. Nottingham is cursed for weather events, its the 14th circle of Hell where the Damned are forced to watch everyone else have storms and blizzards, while we have nuthin. This also happens in the summer too. Storms do the same EXACT thing here. I want to move to the hills, cuz I will get snow and hopefully storms! I can't take this lack of weather anymore, I'm going NUTS!!! crazy.gif

You are awesome :lol:

You seem totally nuts but in a good way, I like that. :lol:

I might be moving to South Wales in a few months to stay with my relatives over there. They sometimes get good Weather, a lot of rain though which i'm not a fan of lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I think I've found the problem:

6a00c22520fc668e1d00c225200d0b8fdb.jpg

As soon as the snow sees this, it makes sure it doesn't arrive in Nottingham! pardon.gif

I had that pic as my avatar originally...

OMG- that avatar ROCKS! rofl.gif You need to put that back up hahahaha!! Yes- snow & storms see that and hightale it. I wonder if there is some geological reason for Nottingham city to miss out on EVERYTHING. Boyfriend just phoned up from Dover and said his boss's missus who lives in Worsop reported another 2" overnight!

GOD I HATE THIS FORSAKEN HELLHOLE!!! mad.gif

If I see another snow shower make it into Leicestershire... dry.gif

Still, I shouldn't really complain about not getting snow, when I'm home in summer I have the awesome weather that the Midlanders don't! It works both ways! drinks.gif

Posted

Chucking it down in big flakes again, this may be our last snow shower of the day, lovely to see though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

You are awesome biggrin.gif

You seem totally nuts but in a good way, I like that. good.gif

I might be moving to South Wales in a few months to stay with my relatives over there. They sometimes get good Weather, a lot of rain though which i'm not a fan of lol.

Funny you mention Wales, as I always say I want to move to Snowdonia one day laugh.gif Wales is very cool for weather!!

Posted

Very on and off in my part of Nuneaton, ranging from nothing to extremely light to some brief bursts of bigger flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Snowing in the centre of Birmingham currently :-)

Posted

I am loving this weather and all the snow today, it's already filled in all the gaps in the driveway and garden and I'm really hoping we can make it past the 2cm which is all we have managed to get so far where I am in Leicester.

Only minor problem is we have no heating at the moment so I'm at home wearing 2 sweatshirts, gloves and a blanket. I'm willing to risk hypothermia though for good weather!

Posted

C_S, all the time I've been a student up here I've noticed one thing about Nottingham - it's almost permanently windy, grey and usually a bit nippy on the side. I remember going home in Dec 08, feeling cold in Nottingham. I got out of the car back home and was amazed at how warm it felt! I was close to cracking out t-shirt and shorts! But even the paltry amount of snow Nottingham gets is usually more than back home...except this time. :clap:

And then there's Mansfield, Newark and Worksop stealing our snow again. I hate this snow shield of mine... :drinks:

Posted

Chucking it down in big flakes again, this may be our last snow shower of the day, lovely to see though.

That should have been our snow in Northants, we need it. Can't beleive we missed out again dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Still nowt here - all slid to the south as per usual!

Posted

I am loving this weather and all the snow today, it's already filled in all the gaps in the driveway and garden and I'm really hoping we can make it past the 2cm which is all we have managed to get so far where I am in Leicester.

Only minor problem is we have no heating at the moment so I'm at home wearing 2 sweatshirts, gloves and a blanket. I'm willing to risk hypothermia though for good weather!

Same as me then :) No heating. I know how it feels! You only had 2cm you are kidding me??? Honestly, come on the bus to Braunstone Town or drive if you do drive... Where I am is 6cm! When I went town for my tooth out earlier though I noticed around town there was hardly any at all, only a cm or 2 but I am 3 miles South West of town and have 6cm, amazing.

Posted

C_S, all the time I've been a student up here I've noticed one thing about Nottingham - it's almost permanently windy, grey and usually a bit nippy on the side. I remember going home in Dec 08, feeling cold in Nottingham. I got out of the car back home and was amazed at how warm it felt! I was close to cracking out t-shirt and shorts! But even the paltry amount of snow Nottingham gets is usually more than back home...except this time. dry.gif

And then there's Mansfield, Newark and Worksop stealing our snow again. I hate this snow shield of mine... aggressive.gif

You've nailed it bang-on there mate. Breezy and on the cool side with crap clouds. Never too hot, never too cold (except this cold spell we are cold) its always +blah+ and random. grrrrr..

Posted

looks like another night playing PS3 all night as bf has just phoned to say he's stuck in Dover and cant come home tonight cuz of the roads and snow down there. Even DOVER has more snow dry.gif

Posted

Plenty more to come by the look of my local radar , and the Models show it getting bad by 6pm . We will have to see.

Nah, I think thats our lot now bar a few flurries this afternoon. Showers are dying out quickly and theres not many queing up off the coast heading our way. So I think we will have to wait maybe till the overnight period to see a few more showers.

Posted

Same as me then :yahoo: No heating. I know how it feels! You only had 2cm you are kidding me??? Honestly, come on the bus to Braunstone Town or drive if you do drive... Where I am is 6cm! When I went town for my tooth out earlier though I noticed around town there was hardly any at all, only a cm or 2 but I am 3 miles South West of town and have 6cm, amazing.

I'm 1.3 miles from the train station so got the same amount of snow at the city centre although we have managed to hold on to it all unlike town where it has mostly melted. I know that my dad who lives out in Keyham in the countryside got around 6cm and is lucky enough to be completely surrounded by fields so my brothers have been having a great old time building snowmen and sledging.

As disruptive and dangerous as I know it would be there is a part of me that really wants to wake up one morning to several feet of snow and no way to leave the house, just once in my life I would love to experience that level of snow.

Posted

Nah, I think thats our lot now bar a few flurries this afternoon. Showers are dying out quickly and theres not many queing up off the coast heading our way. So I think we will have to wait maybe till the overnight period to see a few more showers.

You know, if there's one thing that makes me feel better about Nottingham not getting any snow, it's that Leicester isn't getting any either! :yahoo:

And while C_S can play on her PS3 while waiting for snow, my primary distraction should be revision. Should.

Posted

I'm 1.3 miles from the train station so got the same amount of snow at the city centre although we have managed to hold on to it all unlike town where it has mostly melted. I know that my dad who lives out in Keyham in the countryside got around 6cm and is lucky enough to be completely surrounded by fields so my brothers have been having a great old time building snowmen and sledging.

As disruptive and dangerous as I know it would be there is a part of me that really wants to wake up one morning to several feet of snow and no way to leave the house, just once in my life I would love to experience that level of snow.

I agree, I would love to see just one MASSIVE event here, like over a foot, would be brilliant.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Here in S Birmingham there are loads of tiny snowflakes blowing along in the wind, coming from an almost completely blue sky - they must have come a long way!

Ditto here at work in the Black Country.. although there is some broken cloud sculling around now.

Awaitng posts from the over excitable ones that over 4cm of fresh snow is settling in the area!! :lol: Just kidding :D

Edited by kar999

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

The 'Surface pressure charts' on the UKMO website show a trough through the Midlands for midnight tonight, guessing this is why they suspect showers overnight as they'll form along the trough?