Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

No Way!! My parents live in upstate New York!!! They deal with FEET of snow, and sub zero temps as a norm. I dont know if you know Farenheit (you might be a bit young blush.gif ) but on average the night is Jan-Feb average at about 0--10F and the day is about 18--25F thats like -10 to-20C at night on AVERAGE and about -10 to -6C as daytime highs! THEN in summer, they get MEGA SUPER STORMS!!! and 30C+ heat!!! I love it!!

Can you believ the one year I went to visit them in January, it didnt snow once, and there was no snow on the ground either, and instead it freezing rained, and my mum said that in the 110 years they lived there, they never witnesses that before... maybe I'm the snow sheild!! cray.gif (runs off crying..)

woops!! oops.gif I meant in the 10 years they lived there not 110!

Oh really? Well she's from Plattsburgh, in Clinton County (though goes to uni in Albany) - I'm planning to go over there in the summer! Means I get to visit the States (for once) and get free accommodation! Absolute win! Yeah, I'm au fait with the Fahrenheit scale more or less, can more or less convert from one to the other in my head.

We don't get mega storms at home (the occasional thunderstorm), but we do get the heat and had freezing rain the other week (rare over here)!

Though, if you're the snow shield... :good: My housemate and I both think we are. It never snows in Bournemouth (except now), he's said of the snow falling now "it's usually like this in Grimsby" - result, Grimsby gets hit by snow while he's here. Fantastic.

Posted

Trust me, short hair on me looks CRAP! Having long hair is the only thing that makes me look half decent :lol:

If Notts doesen't get snow from those showers I may just cry :lol:

Bring on the sun!

And short hair - I can pull it off! Just... http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs023.snc3/11069_195187965551_618455551_4278891_5755637_n.jpg

AS IF BILL FARKIN IS HERE! Jesus Christ, there's a blast from the past, when I used to browse BBC Snowatch. I hope this isn't an imposter...it looks like one... :good: :good:

Posted

Well, I've just got my rota for next weeks work.wallbash.gif Start off Northants to North Yorkshire (night in the cab) anything BELOW FREEZING at night I'll not be happy. then back to northants, then ANOTHER NIGHT OUT in BLEEDING CUMBRIA.

wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

LMAO, I used to go on slow watch too, I can't even remember my username properly now. I think it was something like Andy_Snowman_Leicester or something. I once got accused of being one of those farkin imposter people, I was only 15 at the time I was like huh what?? :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

After a fortnight spent in Yorkshire with deep snow outside and drifting I am heading back to Derby on Sunday (weather permitting). Not seen any snow up here since Wednesday but there is still piles of it on the ground and over a foot in some parts.

But as I am heading back to Derby I have my eye on Sunday's event. GFS is showing snow almost constantly throughout Sunday and Monday and clearly have the area of snow further north of what the Meto/BBC are saying. The latest warnings indicate this will be a southern areas event, however BBC graphics show the snow being as far north as Manchester.

Posted

LMAO, I used to go on slow watch too, I can't even remember my username properly now. I think it was something like Andy_Snowman_Leicester or something. I once got accused of being one of those farkin imposter people, I was only 15 at the time I was like huh what?? :good:

I really missed it when it went, I never registered, but I found it absolutely hilarious! Especially Farkin and the tribe of imposters, always made me laugh. And then the really good contributions from Thermohaline Conveyor, posts on NW occasionally, too. Those were the days... :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldie!

The Met Office, I think, have took a slight risk with excluding the west Midlands for the potential of heavy snowfall for Sunday evening into Monday. NAE would show mainly light-moderate snowfall during the latter part of Sunday, with the GFS showing considerable precip on Monday. I'm still confident I'll see snow during the period in question, and the Met Office will re-issue their advisories for the west Midlands. After all, it woudn't be the first time they've done that.

I'm placing all my faith in you weather09!! The meto downgrade is gutting!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I'm also an ex snow watch poster! I think it was on there that I heard about netweather. I think I posted as smoething corny like snow queen lol!

Posted

It was only last week that the METO left out a midlands shaped gap in their warnings for Tuesdays event, only to be updated 24-36 hours prior and to ultimately lead to parts of the Mids being more badly affected than most other parts of the country...

I wouldn't take any notice of he warnings yet, I certainly won't be...I may not be able to read the charts like some here, but my experience with the METO and their warnings spans years...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

After a fortnight spent in Yorkshire with deep snow outside and drifting I am heading back to Derby on Sunday (weather permitting). Not seen any snow up here since Wednesday but there is still piles of it on the ground and over a foot in some parts.

But as I am heading back to Derby I have my eye on Sunday's event. GFS is showing snow almost constantly throughout Sunday and Monday and clearly have the area of snow further north of what the Meto/BBC are saying. The latest warnings indicate this will be a southern areas event, however BBC graphics show the snow being as far north as Manchester.

hey longtime no see supacell! You will be bitterly dissapointed if you like snow, as you reach Derby, as they are in the Snow Challenged Club, and have like an inch on the ground. I really hope you are right about Sun-Mon, as the BBC and meto have made me searching for a suicidal emoticon to put in the list lol!!! Welcome to the Snow Challenged Zone! good.gif

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

post-8050-12629622188652_thumb.png

Posted

I can see Andy looking up for some barber shops in Lenton for me as we speak...that's got to break up, surely... :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I can see Andy looking up for some barber shops in Lenton for me as we speak...that's got to break up, surely... shok.gif

Don't tell me all this time Andy only needed to place a bet on your hair, and we could have been enjoying snow this past week?!! If it snows in Notts, I'll shave ya m'self! girl_devil.gif

Posted

hey longtime no see supacell! You will be bitterly dissapointed if you like snow, as you reach Derby, as they are in the Snow Challenged Club, and have like an inch on the ground. I really hope you are right about Sun-Mon, as the BBC and meto have made me searching for a suicidal emoticon to put in the list lol!!! Welcome to the Snow Challenged Zone! good.gif

Crimson, is that you in the profile pic?

Nice erm, erm,erm, tattooshok.giflaugh.gif

Posted

Don't tell me all this time Andy only needed to place a bet on your hair, and we could have been enjoying snow this past week?!! If it snows in Notts, I'll shave ya m'self! girl_devil.gif

Maybe I'm like Samson the Snow Shield, without my hair, it will lose its strength!

I'm rather attached to my hair, I'd be delighted to shed some of it in honour of Nottingham getting some snowfall!

On the other hand, Andy with short hair would be delightful! :D

Posted

I too remember Bill-Like an old friend he has come in from the snow.A welcome addition to the site if he hangs around and also reasonably well informed and astute.....Sir!

Posted

Whats corny with snow queen??? Serendipity!! I rather like the seasonal association, cant quite place you but remember, stephen prudence, Nick sussex (amateur psycologist) Dave Allen ectrolleyes.gif

Sir..............What are you doing in the Midlands..........Thread.......Have you moved further.........North :yahoo:;)

Posted

Crimson, is that you in the profile pic?

Nice erm, erm,erm, tattooshok.giflaugh.gif

LOL!!! wub.gif yes thats me, I tried uploading a sensible picture of me for about an hour the other week, but for some reason the system kept using my avatar as my profile pic. Even when I deleted it like 42,000 times ans replaced it with other photos. Then it kept distorting my avatar picture really long (??) so the only picture I could get up was if I linked my profile page with my FB page, which has that photo up of me wub.gifwub.gif ... A little +ahem+ racey for a weather forum I know. If anyone can teach me how to successfully put up a different picture, I will gladly do so!! lol!!!

Posted

Maybe I'm like Samson the Snow Shield, without my hair, it will lose its strength!

I'm rather attached to my hair, I'd be delighted to shed some of it in honour of Nottingham getting some snowfall!

On the other hand, Andy with short hair would be delightful! pardon.gif

LOL!!!! Samson the Snow Sheild! rofl.gif Thats great!!! good.gifrofl.gif

Posted

LOL!!! wub.gif yes thats me, I tried uploading a sensible picture of me for about an hour the other week, but for some reason the system kept using my avatar as my profile pic. Even when I deleted it like 42,000 times ans replaced it with other photos. Then it kept distorting my avatar picture really long (??) so the only picture I could get up was if I linked my profile page with my FB page, which has that photo up of me wub.gifwub.gif ... A little +ahem+ racey for a weather forum I know. If anyone can teach me how to successfully put up a different picture, I will gladly do so!! lol!!!

No !!! leave it on shok.gifshok.gifshok.gif

I cannot take my eyes off your............................................................TATTOOlaugh.gif

Posted

Sir it looks with increasing confidence, that areas north of worcester will miss out completely this time

The Met Office, I think, have took a slight risk with excluding the west Midlands for the potential of heavy snowfall for Sunday evening into Monday. NAE would show mainly light-moderate snowfall during the latter part of Sunday, with the GFS showing considerable precip on Monday. I'm still confident I'll see snow during the period in question, and the Met Office will re-issue their advisories for the west Midlands. After all, it woudn't be the first time they've done that.

Sir....you may well see a few flakes out of this but the main precipitation band is clearly being pushed further south with each run. Now Tusday and Wednesday next week are a different story entirely with that low approaching from the west sliding under those easterlys, currently forcast to clip south west but experience tells the northern edge will head into central midlandsdrinks.gif

Both GFS and Nogaps (the last time i checked) and even the BBC are hinting of a least light snow on sunday and into monday , GFS is clearly showing/hinting more interesting developments later on in the evening on Sunday. Although ..... the Met Office have dropped there warnings or 'Advisories' for Sunday and Monday.

Now cast situation i think.

I'm quite confident we'll see something at the end weekend.

:yahoo:;)

Edited by mildmuck

Posted

I cannot take my eyes off your............................................................TATTOOlaugh.gif

LOL!!!!!!! good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Server overload as everyone checks out Crimsons profile! :D

Posted

The answer here is to have a sensible profile picture on Facebook, as I have done, so no probs when it links up! :p

LOL!!!! Samson the Snow Sheild! :rofl: Thats great!!! good.gif:rofl:

Well, what can I say! I'm just amazing! :D

Down boy! :D:rofl:

Server overload as everyone checks out Crimsons profile! :D

Poor lass... :D :ph34r: