Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Aha ok.

I don't think it's very likely those shower in the wash will reach me but I an see there COULD be some potential tonight but not much.

Thanks.

PS Andy, hope you don't get pain in your extraction site. I had three teeth pulled last year and I have to say it was fine after. Just take care not to dislodge the clot that forms on top of the hole and you will be fine then.

Posted

I'm sure you will get something later , but winds have turned more NE quicker than forecast and it looks like a wash streamer may be developing which will being Snow to Leicester all day , I know my area in this situation and as the day progresses more and more showers will pile in .

If the winds have turned NE like you say, why are the stream of shower heading in a direct E direction?? if the wind was NE those showers would be moving NE-SW.

cc_confused.gif

Posted

The LE3 snow sheild is about to be smashed to pieces.

EDIT: It just has done, its CHUCKING IT DOWN!! :)

OMG!! if it's snowing in ??Leicester then....it it officially an ice age?? :)

Posted

Been snowing moderate-heavy here in Ibstock for around 20 minutes now. Just reducing slightly to a bit lighter as I type this. Are we on for plenty of this today then or what? Like a big kid! Andy, where in LE3 are you? My in laws live there and are babysitting my daughter today, the Kingsway has been terrible, why no grit? Was like an ice rink last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Aha ok.

I don't think it's very likely those shower in the wash will reach me but I an see there COULD be some potential tonight but not much.

Thanks.

PS Andy, hope you don't get pain in your extraction site. I had three teeth pulled last year and I have to say it was fine after. Just take care not to dislodge the clot that forms on top of the hole and you will be fine then.

Thank you :) Gotta get another one on the other side pulled out next Friday, I am having braces done soon but they need to pull 2 out either side to make room for when the teeth straighten and move and fill the gaps that the teeth leave. I'm not too happy though because that means I will have gaps in my teeth for about a year until they move enough to make it less noticable. The gaps are near the back but it's still noticable to me! lol

Posted

If the winds have turned NE like you say, why are the stream of shower heading in a direct E direction?? if the wind was NE those showers would be moving NE-SW.

cc_confused.gif

Because of the Entrance they are entering the country at , wind strengh has also increased . The last couple of days we have been in a NNW so this wouldn't let the showers come any far inland than East Angler . But never the less BLIZZARD here at the moment . Big Flakes and The snow is powder Snow .

Posted

Been snowing moderate-heavy here in Ibstock for around 20 minutes now. Just reducing slightly to a bit lighter as I type this. Are we on for plenty of this today then or what? Like a big kid! Andy, where in LE3 are you? My in laws live there and are babysitting my daughter today, the Kingsway has been terrible, why no grit? Was like an ice rink last night.

No word of a lie... It is actually hammering it down now, if anyone has the net weather radar type in LE3 and see how lucky I have just been :) Maybe it's a present from the snow gods because I had a tooth out haha.

Kingsway?? No way?? LOL I live a road off Kingsway, you know where Fernhurst Road is? That road above Ravenhurst primary school? I can't believe they didn't grit it either, my road is a death trap, most cars can't make it up here.

Edited by andy_leics22

Posted

post-6740-12629487021952_thumb.jpg

Brilliant pic took yesterday. not by me obviously.

Snow still very light here. still nice to see. would like a covering again to cover over the dirty snow and ice.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Snowing here in Ashby De La Zouch - not really heavy enough to make a difference and seems to be brightening up now!

Posted

Woot proper flakes now :)

Lasted bout a min :) nm, 11am radar dont look so good

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Snowing here again , and the way things look at the moment , Leicester could be heading for a day of frequent Snow Showers where Nottingham who is in the warning area may miss out. I'm happy smile.gif

Havent you learned by now?? Nottingham ALWAYS misses out!!!! laugh.gif I watched that badboy come all the way from the coast to miss me by about 5 miles. I've been truly Notts'd again.

post-8050-12629491133052_thumb.png

Posted

That's a great satellite image - can we get any of the whole of Europe?

Posted

Pic of the snow shower...

Havent you learned by now?? Nottingham ALWAYS misses out!!!! laugh.gif I watched that badboy come all the way from the coast to miss me by about 5 miles. I've been truly Notts'd again.

When I saw that shower and how it missed Notts by a few miles I thought of you :clap:

post-2115-12629491501552_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

i hate you....

blum.gif

When I saw that shower and how it missed Notts by a few miles I thought of you laugh.gif

LOL!!! I reckon the whole forum must be sick of my moaning by now! LOL!!!!! Ya just gotta laugh at my sitch' honostly. I put the house up to move. Moving to peak district when it sells. I NEED WEATHER!!!

Posted

i hate you....

blum.gif

LOL!!! I reckon the whole forum must be sick of my moaning by now! LOL!!!!! Ya just gotta laugh at my sitch' honostly. I put the house up to move. Moving to peak district when it sells. I NEED WEATHER!!!

You are actually selling your house because you want to see better weather events? :clap::cold::rofl:

Now that is what I call a hardcore weather lover!!

Posted

chucking it down nicely here, wont last long though based on the radar

Posted

showers turn from heavy to nothing soon as they reach anywhere near the west midlands! LOL

Posted

You see that pathetic blob coming ashore between Mablethorpe and Skegness? Yeah, that's on a date with MISSING Nottingham as well. Revolting... :lol: :lol:

i think thats on its way here :) lol

Posted

You are actually selling your house because you want to see better weather events? rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Now that is what I call a hardcore weather lover!!

lol!! Well thats part of it!!! Need to get out of the city really, but DEFFO need weather. Nottingham is cursed for weather events, its the 14th circle of Hell where the Damned are forced to watch everyone else have storms and blizzards, while we have nuthin. This also happens in the summer too. Storms do the same EXACT thing here. I want to move to the hills, cuz I will get snow and hopefully storms! I can't take this lack of weather anymore, I'm going NUTS!!! crazy.gif

Posted

I think I've found the problem:

6a00c22520fc668e1d00c225200d0b8fdb.jpg

As soon as the snow sees this, it makes sure it doesn't arrive in Nottingham! :lol:

I had that pic as my avatar originally...

i think thats on its way here :) lol

If I see another snow shower make it into Leicestershire... :lol:

Still, I shouldn't really complain about not getting snow, when I'm home in summer I have the awesome weather that the Midlanders don't! It works both ways! :)