Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

hope your pitch aint too hard or the ball will be bouncing out of the park when you hoof it up the pitch! :lol:

LOL I like it :lol:

Posted

I really do hope these showers can hold together, otherwise it will be annoying cloud that bumps the temp up! But they seem to be holding together so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

showers puffin up in north east into one big band and moving inlanddrinks.gif

Long way till Stoke tho mate!! whistling.gif They have been vanishing off the radar like lemmings off a cliff!!!drunk.gif

Time for another carling...ph34r.gif

Posted

A mammouth front heading the UK's way on Tuesday according to the BBC radar run...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

Surely the UK's established cold can't withstand that? If it does there could be a gargantuan and exceptionally rare snow event, or of course, the front somehow gets defected before it reaches our shores?

Posted

10010812_0718.gif

Pleasant in the shorter term !!! Bit of a top up before the main event??

If the showers hold together (they are starting to decay somewhat now) then we could get another cm or two. We will almost certainly get a top up over the weekend though! My school is open tomorrow, they claim to have cleared and gritted all the paths now, will have to see how true that is though!

Posted

If the showers hold together (they are starting to decay somewhat now) then we could get another cm or two. We will almost certainly get a top up over the weekend though! My school is open tomorrow, they claim to have cleared and gritted all the paths now, will have to see how true that is though!

You just want another day off!!laugh.gif

Posted

Yeah that charts for tomorrow so should top the side roads up!!! One thing I noticed today is that Coleshill probably have near on twice as much snow as us Nick and around Lichfield there only seemed a few cm at best cc_confused.gif I just hope that this weekend we all get a good dumping and I dare say that the majority of us will have our faces pressed up the window looking at the street lights like some kind of strange fraggles lol. My missus at our old house used to just tell me to sit down when I kept looking out the window so I found myself making up all sorts of excuses to nip upstairs to gawp out the window lol. There was a few occasions when I even did the washing up so I could look out the window without her whinging pardon.gif I,m 20 times worse in the summer when it comes to storms though always on the net looking at the radars and popping outside listening for distant rumbles lol. I need to get out morewhistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Well the latest weather bbc24 showed and said the midlands and east wales will see some snow tomorrow morning . Not saying it will be a lot but its now showing the showers will be over the mids rather than wales . Happpy days

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Snow showers spreading SW across southern half of N England towards W Midlands tomorrow morning - see N-W alert:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=forecast;type=alerts;reg=1;sess=;

Posted

Well the latest weather bbc24 showed and said the midlands and east wales will see some snow tomorrow morning . Not saying it will be a lot but its now showing the showers will be over the mids rather than wales . Happpy days

See above chartrolleyes.gif

Posted

Yeah that charts for tomorrow so should top the side roads up!!! One thing I noticed today is that Coleshill probably have near on twice as much snow as us Nick and around Lichfield there only seemed a few cm at best cc_confused.gif I just hope that this weekend we all get a good dumping and I dare say that the majority of us will have our faces pressed up the window looking at the street lights like some kind of strange fraggles lol. My missus at our old house used to just tell me to sit down when I kept looking out the window so I found myself making up all sorts of excuses to nip upstairs to gawp out the window lol. There was a few occasions when I even did the washing up so I could look out the window without her whinging pardon.gif I,m 20 times worse in the summer when it comes to storms though always on the net looking at the radars and popping outside listening for distant rumbles lol. I need to get out morewhistling.gif

Storms in the summer don`t bother me, it`s only ppn through the winter that keeps me interested.whistling.gif

Only last night my wife had a slight, shall we say brief, FULL ON PADDY over my radar viewing!!yahoo.gif

Tonight, with no snow on the horizon she has left me to chat and gone to bed early!!clap.gif

And the Fraggle bit made me p*** myself!!

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

nice clap.gifdrunk.gif

Posted

Storms in the summer don`t bother me, it`s only ppn through the winter that keeps me interested.whistling.gif

Only last night my wife had a slight, shall we say brief, FULL ON PADDY over my radar viewing!!yahoo.gif

Tonight, with no snow on the horizon she has left me to chat and gone to bed early!!clap.gif

And the Fraggle bit made me p*** myself!!

Theres no other way to describe it lol. looking out the window being careful not to get to close as to steam the glass up or the missus whinges again when you wipe a gap to see through. The amount of times I,ve been told"you can clean them f****** windows tomorrow lol. What a strange sight we must be to the outside world as they walk by seing us licking the window whilst squinting to see the tiniest hint of a snow flake in the light of the nearest lamppostwhistling.gif I think the new term for looking at lampposts should be called Fraggling drinks.gif

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

looking the best time now for the Midlands in terms of snowfall!!!

BBC have said 2-5cms tomorrow am in some parts of the high ground and then the snow event on Sunday.....

btw - who saw the pics earlier on mids today of the snow in Shropshire in 1982!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeezzzzzz------cars completely covered by drifts......that was some snowfall - makes now look like a dusting lol.

Its actually quite weird at the moment - Shropshire and North Staffs (excluding Derbyshire peaks!!!) are usually the snowiest counties in the Mids.......with places like Worcs and Gloucestershire often getting rain but on this occasion the south mids has faired better due to the type of conditions.

!

Edited by mozza81

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well im not sure my love for WFC is liking this love for snow - although WFC wins most of the time so i think it can handle a little time away for once. Although 4 games in a row does take the mickey a tad, with a 5th looking likely to be called off for tuesday night as well. -8 here btw already. Hoping thoose showers can stick together as we could see another dusting, although it is the nature of showers for coverings to be either localised or only scattered and not on a widespread scale, noticed how rob's forecast graphics showed some PPN moving south from northern england during friday evening as well, hopefully a few more flurries there. Sunday then looks llike being the main event, although very sceptical atm on PPN amounts and certainly how far north the snow will be. Looks like an interesting weekend though and next week shows more snow possibilites too.

Message to NICK the baggies fan - good luck for the game tommorow. Always had a soft spot for the albion and would much rather you were in the top division then thoose dirty in-bred dingles!

Posted

As we're talking about football matches, AFC Bournemouth (us lot) have had their match called off against Rotherham by Sheffield City Council! I wasn't going to trek up to Rotherham anyway, but it's one less thing to distract me from revision this weekend... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

currently -9.6C here in Penkridge......Nice to see some banter in this thread tonight...There is still 'lurve' on this forum..I reported 6 posts tonight in the model output thread because of the poor taste posts going on in there....An absolute disgrace!!...Its amazing how many people type before putting their so called 'brains' into gear!....rant over...peace! :)

Posted

Theres no other way to describe it lol. looking out the window being careful not to get to close as to steam the glass up or the missus whinges again when you wipe a gap to see through. The amount of times I,ve been told"you can clean them f****** windows tomorrow lol. What a strange sight we must be to the outside world as they walk by seing us licking the window whilst squinting to see the tiniest hint of a snow flake in the light of the nearest lamppostwhistling.gif I think the new term for looking at lampposts should be called Fraggling drinks.gif

After a few minutes of Fraggling I decided to check out the cold spell discission thread... Beware the Jaberwocky my friend....yahoo.gif

currently -9.6C here in Penkridge......Nice to see some banter in this thread tonight...There is still 'lurve' on this forum..I reported 6 posts tonight in the model output thread because of the poor taste posts going on in there....An absolute disgrace!!...Its amazing how many people type before putting their so called 'brains' into gear!....rant over...peace! smile.gif

AJ Stay here its safer! Unless you`d like to join me on the dark side!!?

This isn`t the weather your`e looking for....Move along...Move along....

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Theres no other way to describe it lol. looking out the window being careful not to get to close as to steam the glass up or the missus whinges again when you wipe a gap to see through. The amount of times I,ve been told"you can clean them f****** windows tomorrow lol. What a strange sight we must be to the outside world as they walk by seing us licking the window whilst squinting to see the tiniest hint of a snow flake in the light of the nearest lamppostwhistling.gif I think the new term for looking at lampposts should be called Fraggling drinks.gifrofl.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gif So funny but oh so true good.gif

Posted

rofl.gifrofl.gif So funny but oh so true good.gif

Fraggling it is then.....rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif , can someone inform Andy???good.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.gifblum.giftease.gifph34r.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

After a few minutes of Fraggling I decided to check out the cold spell discission thread... Beware the Jaberwocky my friend....yahoo.gif

AJ Stay here its safer! Unless you`d like to join me on the dark side!!?

Join you on the dark side....you mean "Model output Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the mild mannered poster?.....Would that make me Darth AJ?.... :D I'll fetch me coat!

Posted

Join you on the dark side....you mean "Model output Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the mild mannered poster?.....Would that make me Darth AJ?.... doh.gif I'll fetch me coat!

PPN in London will make SNOW more powerful than you could ever imagine...drinks.gifyahoo.gif

Don`t make me destroy you, Shark!!!!clap.gifph34r.gif