Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Join you on the dark side....you mean "Model output Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the mild mannered poster?.....Would that make me Darth AJ?.... :doh: I'll fetch me coat!

How dare you go into MOD? You should know not to go in there unless you say South East England will have 2 foot of snow. Really, AJ, I expected better... :girl_devil::nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

How dare you go into MOD? You should know not to go in there unless you say South East England will have 2 foot of snow. Really, AJ, I expected better... dry.gifnonono.gif

The force is with you young Butlerson......biggrin.gif

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

Well im not sure my love for WFC is liking this love for snow - although WFC wins most of the time so i think it can handle a little time away for once. Although 4 games in a row does take the mickey a tad, with a 5th looking likely to be called off for tuesday night as well. -8 here btw already. Hoping thoose showers can stick together as we could see another dusting, although it is the nature of showers for coverings to be either localised or only scattered and not on a widespread scale, noticed how rob's forecast graphics showed some PPN moving south from northern england during friday evening as well, hopefully a few more flurries there. Sunday then looks llike being the main event, although very sceptical atm on PPN amounts and certainly how far north the snow will be. Looks like an interesting weekend though and next week shows more snow possibilites too.

Message to NICK the baggies fan - good luck for the game tommorow. Always had a soft spot for the albion and would much rather you were in the top division then thoose dirty in-bred dingles!

Bloody tell me about it!! 9 games in Feb now!!

Posted

-9 outside. Wow i just had trouble getting up my drive, had to drive round the village to gain momentum, hit the gate button just in time and screamed the car up waking all neighbours with high rev counts I LOVE IT.

I love how metcheck has given up on predicting time scales and dates, 'Severe weather warning until further notice' mind you I cant blame them.

Posted

Did arrive home tonight to a hefty shower that gave about 1cm. Quite frankly we need it here, because there is only about an inch. Took me 90 minutes to get from Bedford to home - 14 miles, because the A6 is falling to bits and they keep doing emergency repairs all over the shop. 6-7 miles of queues northbound just for two sets of temporary traffic lights. Then it looked to me like they were sat in their vans drinking tea and eating sandwiches.

Posted

I see again that with lack of wintery precipitation we are playing the i'm colder than you are game again.

Well I won't win it, only -3.4C here.

Posted

Good fun on Newsnight tonight seeing someone from the MetOffice squirm under pressure from Paxman. They defended their winter forecast by saying the 30% chance of a cold winter was higher percentage than previous winters. They went on to say that their short term forecasts were brilliant. They also said they picked up the signals of the prelonged cold spell on the 10th December. Now I'm a complete amateur, and I told people at work about a potentially severe winter in the last week of November, just from signals that the GFS and ECM were throwing up consistently in 'Fantasy Island'. All our experts on here picked up on it much much earlier than the MetOffice. So they can defend themselves by saying, if true they went for a 30% chance of a colder than average winter, as opposed to a 20% chance.

The private forecasting sector has out performed the MetOffice this year by a huge margin outside of 5 days and longer term. Maybe in terms of winter forecasts the others had at least put global warming aside, just for now. You sense a motive for the MetOffice 'working' in some sort of global warming, year on year, warmer, wetter milder into their long term forecasts, whether likely or not as they are a government body after all. And we all know that in some quarters, global warming is and will be used for higher taxation. Now agriculture must find the holy grail, by not using fertilisers, pesticide but increase capacity in a green manner. I don't think Farmer X has research and development facilities.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Good fun on Newsnight tonight seeing someone from the MetOffice squirm under pressure from Paxman. They defended their winter forecast by saying the 30% chance of a cold winter was higher percentage than previous winters. They went on to say that their short term forecasts were brilliant. They also said they picked up the signals of the prelonged cold spell on the 10th December. Now I'm a complete amateur, and I told people at work about a potentially severe winter in the last week of November, just from signals that the GFS and ECM were throwing up consistently in 'Fantasy Island'. All our experts on here picked up on it much much earlier than the MetOffice. So they can defend themselves by saying, if true they went for a 30% chance of a colder than average winter, as opposed to a 20% chance.

The private forecasting sector has out performed the MetOffice this year by a huge margin outside of 5 days and longer term. Maybe in terms of winter forecasts the others had at least put global warming aside, just for now.

Chris likes this (Y)

Posted

Not the biggest surprise after the email you sent them earlier! :D:)

Not going to let this get into a debate on GW v anti GW. Because all I want to see is more snow and enjoy this period. I don't doubt the link between increased C02 and a warming climate, but I don't like the political agenda attached and the massive over exaggeration and doomsday predictions. A Krakatoa style eruption would eclipse a couple of decades worth of man-made emissions.

Working from home today, so it can snow all it likes.

Posted

You starfish! You've got no spine! rofl.gifdoh.gif

Have you got that Ebay deflector of yours ready ??whistling.gif

If you do deflect it could you send the larger lump to your south!!yahoo.gif

Posted

Showers seem to be retaining their strength inland now, could be a good sign in a couple of hours. Maybe.

The southern edge of the first band seems to breaking up, however the second band is intensifing over the sea!!biggrin.gif

Good luck, shop to run in the morning......wallbash.gif

Night all....

morning everyone , local forecast this morning on radio northampton , said possible 2 - 4 cm of snow to fall during the rush hour over northampton. On my way to work just passed 2 gritting lorries , so will be checking weather radar in a min . As for sunday my work has received a warning of heavy diruptive snow for sunday evening into monday morning. which will be fun for me as i have to schedule food deliveries [calculating how long it may take ]

Posted

Showers seem to be retaining their strength inland now, could be a good sign in a couple of hours. Maybe.

serious activity in the wash now!

and as you say those showers are not losing their intensity.

This could be the best snowfall of the spell so far.

Posted

Coldest Temp of the cold Snap just been recorded at Altnaharra Scotland , -21.6 deg . Only 6 degrees off the all time coldest temp ever recorded in the UK

post-2826-12629373681352_thumb.jpg