Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

MAF

Posted

We are having a lovely snow shower right now, with huge fluffy flakes smile.gif

Referring to a post further up the list about Norwich snow, Norfolk has been very hit and miss with the recent snow - some people have had a few inches today - this will always be the way with showers. You may be in luck later tonight smile.gif

I rest my case, showers passing either above or below Norwich (again). Enjoy what you're getting, hopefully we will see some soon.

Posted

On no, unless this band changes direction slight or expands slightly then this is going to north Chelmsford :D :D

I promise you it won't slip north of Chelmsford!

Posted

On no, unless this band changes direction slight or expands slightly then this is going to north Chelmsford :nonono::cc_confused:

Lol this misses you, im going to bed!

:whistling:

Posted

Of course my biggest concern isnt track but intensity- although im hoping that because its more organised & possibly getting moisture feed off the estuary then it will maintain its structure a tad more as it heads south-

Currently 6/7cm lying here in the garden- would be nice to get to 10cm or beyond tonight-

looking at the NW radar it looks as though the back end is building again as well- after that small gap-

Steve

'ning Steve. yes i am worried about intensity too. but the track looks like it may be too south for plumstead/woolwich. what do you think?

Posted

http://www.meteox.nl/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=250&y=221

have a look at the next lot of heavy showers off the lowestoft coast there seem some very heavy snow /thunderstorm in it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

I am transfixed with the radar hoping that by some kind of miracle that big blob is going to eventually hit Brighton whistling.gif I am hooked to Netweather! Even though I rarely post - I am enjoying reading all your posts!

I hope you all get the snow that you want smile.gif

Looks like they are dissipating a lot as they come further in. I would be surprised if we get much here on the south coast. wallbash.gif

Posted

Looking good for NE/E/SE London and most of S Essex if it holds it together, the thing that is most encouraging is the convection off the Blackwater Estuary at present and obviously the constant backbuilding/feeding of that shower train on its North Eastern side.

I would go for this scenario

Ipswich

Colchester

Clacton

Chelmsford

Brentwood

Romford

Dartford

Bexleyheath

On its western side

If the eastern side can maintain then that brings in

Maldon

Danbury

Southend Area

Bas Vegas

Thurrock

Gravesend

Medway Towns

Lets hope

Paul S

Posted

I rest my case, showers passing either above or below Norwich (again). Enjoy what you're getting, hopefully we will see some soon.

I think Norfolk will struggle to get much tonight. Not hopeful for Tomorrow either.:cc_confused:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

http://www.meteox.nl...oom&x=250&y=221

have a look at the next lot of heavy showers off the lowestoft coast there seem some very heavy snow /thunderstorm in it

Looks as though it may clip my area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Lol this misses you, im going to bed!

whistling.gif

We must get something from this after the 9.45pm radar?

Bit of a blow about Simon Francis Shrimper

Posted

Um just seen Rob McElwee on the un-dumbed down Weatherview Show on N24 (2157 broadcast)

He has snow showers for our region tomorrow

More snow showers Saturday and...

...widespread snow on Sunday from Manchester south, snow all over heaviest in a band just north of London to say Birmingham right across England.

"But even where it's not heavy, it will be persistent. It's proper winter."

Also forecast minus 11 or 12 in Manchester tonightcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Posted

I am transfixed with the radar hoping that by some kind of miracle that big blob is going to eventually hit Brighton whistling.gif I am hooked to Netweather! Even though I rarely post - I am enjoying reading all your posts!

I hope you all get the snow that you want smile.gif

Hey! just further west of you, frustrating seeing the showers die before getting here, looking like some made it to eastbourne though.

think i will go to bed as im not hopeful for today,

netweather rules!

Posted

Guess what Paul- it wont be SLEET!!!!!!

Im crossing everything here that it holds together- I tracked that little shower down from 20:00 to 21:15 when it hit bexleyheath- lucky as was really running out of puff----

we had about half a cm from it- but if it had held together it would have been nearer an inch-

Ive also worked out that 6 pixels of medium blue on the NW radar is about 1 inch-

Based on that info the 'thing' whatever you want to call it tracking SW along the coast has 1-4 inches in it depending on path & time spent in the PPN -

Of course my biggest concern isnt track but intensity- although im hoping that because its more organised & possibly getting moisture feed off the estuary then it will maintain its structure a tad more as it heads south-

Currently 6/7cm lying here in the garden- would be nice to get to 10cm or beyond tonight-

looking at the NW radar it looks as though the back end is building again as well- after that small gap-

Steve

You need to get out more! :lol: It's turned into pixel watch! The weekend looks very promising, SM can you clear something up for me, is that an upper warm front coming in for Sunday for you guys up there.

By the way major chaos in se France with that winter storm bringing snow right into the Med region, snowing here but nothing compared to further east, Steve I think my snow jinx has ended,that low has thrown some precip quite a way nw which stops 20 miles to my north and has been in the same position for hours!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

I'll admit I haven't looked into the models for tomorrow after today's disappointment for EA. I think it's a case for 'nowcasting' and watching the radar. Certainly potential from the fax charts.

I'm keen on Sunday and Monday though, but a long way off still wacko.gif

Cheers fella

Posted

It depends where you are in Norwich. I'm 6 miles out, and have 10cm, but in the city there's only 4/5cm. Hoping for some more over night.

Posted

Oh Richmond Park would probably bee a good option. Think they had quite a bit more than an inch or two in SW London. Again, I suspect like me many people who ventured away from the grit and concrete and into the parks may have been rather surprised by how much powder is laying.

I think if people came out of the parks and onto the grit and pavements they'd be surprised at how much snow is lying :lol:

our road here in Kensal Green(~zone 3) is still covered with yesterdays mini dump and is basically perfect for skidding with your washing basket.

Posted

what do you folks think, 45 mins before that southern edge arrives at Leigh...?

slightly off topic but thought this winter photo is superb: http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/users/8975/thm1024/dsc_3218rcopy.jpg great job by the photographer.

regards,

Steve