Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

So South Essex watchers do we think that large shower coming down from Ipswich way has our name on it? Got a horrible feeling from looking at the net weather radar it could slide over the top off us through mid central essex!

my thoughts exactly at the moment

Posted

Paul now he has gone maybe sombody can answer my question? on the radar there there seems to be a big lump heading this way it seems to be getting bigger but not moving very fast if at all, where is this expected to go?

If it goes the same way as the last then should hit East of London "if" it holds it together presuming you are talking about the Ipswich Precip, the last one from Ipswich split Southend and Chelmsford in two, missing most people and going across the Fields in the 12 miles between here and there :yahoo:

Paul S

Posted

The showers of the Suffolk/N Essex coast have just arrived I just got back in from visiting the sports centre about a mile away in town. The town roads round here are treacherous, not ramping when I say driving is like ice skating without the control. Since the last fall about 90 mins ago it has all been compacted by traffic and frozen to an ice sheet. Unless something changes like serious gritting there will be many accidents in the morning unfortunately so take it easy out there! Air temp 0°c Dew Point -0.7°c Wind NNE 12 MPH

Posted

white-out........you guys to the south of us are in for a treat in the next hour or so!

Just hope it move just slightly more to the West, otherwise I think I will be on the edge of it - better than nothing though. Looks like Danbury is in for another pounding - wish I was there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

[delurk for first post]

Ipswich webcam St Matthews St currently showing fairly heavy snow.

John

Always interesting. biggrin.gif

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Snowing in Bexleyheath. I wasnt expecting anything tonight, I must admit!

Might get lucky and hop on those line of showers off the Essex coast. Getting a bit heavier now!

Posted

Might get lucky and hop on those line of showers off the Essex coast. Getting a bit heavier now!

Yeah, it is pretty heavy now. Just a shame its never enough to not enable me to get to work the next day!!! laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Paul now he has gone maybe sombody can answer my question? on the radar there there seems to be a big lump heading this way it seems to be getting bigger but not moving very fast if at all, where is this expected to go?

It's looking like the Braintree snow shield will deflect it just to the south of Braintree and it'll head down towards Brentwood/Loughton area...unless it swings a smidge east...then game on!! The next radar on rain today should give a better idea good.gif

A smidge West even!!! I don't seem to know my erse from my albow!

Edited by scotteboi

Posted

right im off to bed nothing further yet and it's too depressing jumping up every 10 mins to turn the outside lights on to check if it's snowing yet. So off to bed and if we have some by morning thats great and if not then i'll have to find something to do tomorrow to keep my mind off the snow

night all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

What about this?

post-2895-12628992507652_thumb.png

looks more likely to fall south and east of there im afraid unsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Can't believe that last clump split into two as it approached Southend! Hope this next bigger one doesn't...

Got a feeling the whole lot will go North of our area, Rochford, Southend, Leigh, Rayleigh.....hope im wrong

Posted
yahoo.gif sorry for the rampede tonight, but this is the best spell for us since the December 16th streamer. Snow depth has gone from 0.5cm to around 6cm tonight, and we've now got good old 50p flakes falling yahoo.gif

Posted

Got a feeling the whole lot will go North of our area, Rochford, Southend, Leigh, Rayleigh.....hope im wrong

you mean Chelmsford :lol:

Posted

If it goes the same way as the last then should hit East of London "if" it holds it together presuming you are talking about the Ipswich Precip, the last one from Ipswich split Southend and Chelmsford in two, missing most people and going across the Fields in the 12 miles between here and there wallbash.gif

Paul S

seems to be following a line along the A12. hope it doesnt meet up with the gritters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Andy, tht lot all seems to be heading SE ... so fingers crossed for more of what we have at the moment in Ippo :lol:

Posted

Think us SE Essex folk will miss the Ipswich ppn. It will clip Chelmo then dump in the fields down A130 before heading west of Bas Vegas I reckon :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

you mean Chelmsford smile.gif

Yeah, if i was going to have a bet I'd say you will some action from that area smile.gif