Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

MAF

Posted

I am on it more in Part 4 as well - Now that is proper weather

Softball Sized ailstones falling at 100mph - Only 100 odd days to go

Yippppeeeee :rofl: :rofl: :good:

will be joining you one year, in fact missus has just said to me we will get you out there next year :rofl:

Edited by Andy H

Posted

I am on it more in Part 4 as well - Now that is proper weather

Softball Sized ailstones falling at 100mph - Only 100 odd days to go

Yippppeeeee :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:good: must have good car insurance when you go..!

regards,

Steve ( Leigh-on-Sea )

Posted

WTF

Is it Natures Fury being Re-Run :wallbash::nonono:

Paul, off topic. But how does one go about jumping on a twister chasing trip. One of the things I have to do is see an f4/5 up close before I pop me clogs!

Posted

Moan Alert!

Yes, I've got to say, bit of a disappointment around here really. One day of snow, less than Feb 09, then a shower or 2 if we are lucky. I don't feel like this is an exceptional winter for me - last Jan was very cold and dry for a couple of weeks - so no big deal. The weekend looks like a downgrade and I'm just feeling a bit deflated. :nonono: Surely I can't be the only one here feeling like this.

Of course lots of people elsewhere have had a fantastic snow event, pleased for them of course, but am just not feeling the vibe - on a bit of a come down after the last few days excitement. I know things could change in the next couple of days, but it has always been 2/3/4/days away until the big one here. Same old same old.....

What happened to the bitter easterlies and all that snow huh? :wallbash: Where is that Thames Streamer :) Why are the lows dying? Such promise...

Would have liked to go sledging on fresh snow but imagine all the school free kids will have left me a muddy ice run by Saturday :)

I should book a skiing holiday shouldn't I?

Moan over, thanks for listening....

Mate if it's any consolation, there's very few schools closed in London - I went to Hanger Hill Park today and a few kids sledging but nothing like what I expected... nothing to do with the snow there, which is gorgeous. It's just that, unlike Feb 2, they are all at school. Three inches plus of lovely powder largely untouched in most parts of the park, aside from an ace sledging patch which has packed down nicely. Reckon you are still in for some decent conditions if you get up early on Saturday and find a slope, low temps are preserving the snow. Actually better sledging today than Feb 2. The snow just seemed better suited for it somehow and there was far fewer people to knack it as most have gone to work and school. Nice extended lunch break for me! I came back thinking "oh we got much more snow that people thought" – it was just because the grit did its job this time. On the parks in Ealing as I say there is three inches plus of largely untouched powder!

post-9522-12628971062852_thumb.jpg

post-9522-12628971197852_thumb.jpg

post-9522-12628971331452_thumb.jpg

post-9522-12628971549952_thumb.jpg

Edited by Downpour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

tonight i have around an extra 1cm almost upto the 7'' mark now acute.gif

Posted

Paul, off topic. But how does one go about jumping on a twister chasing trip. One of the things I have to do is see an f4/5 up close before I pop me clogs!

type in google 'storm chasing tours'

group of us from chelmsford going in four months... can't wait yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I would expect a fairly long shower of moderate snow to start falling in Ipswich any minute - a big blob on the radar and intensifying all the time - nothing falling as yet though, thought it would be here by now? Maybe I'm being inpatient :wallbash:

Posted

there's a blob of ppn working it's way towards ipswich now. looks like it should track right over us.

nouthing yet just checked the lamp posts!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Just went to look out of window to see how frosty the cars were, and saw this on our guttering.

if1hmh.jpg

Suits you sir!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Mate if it's any consolation, there's very schools closed in London - I went to Hanger Hill Park today and a few kids sledging but nothing like what I expected... nothing to do with the snow there, which is gorgeous. Three inches of lovely powder largely untouched in most parts of the park, aside from an ace sledging. Reckon you are still in for some decent conditions if you get up early on Saturday and find a slope, low temps are preserving the snow.

Hi Downpour, thnks for the support and words of wisdom, if I start early, there my just be some fresh stuff left for me in Happy Valley (Coulsdon)on Saturday....aAny tips for secret sledging spots near here would be much appreciated... :wallbash:

Posted

All the Info is on the Netweather Front-Page

Only 2 Spaces left for this year - 1 On Tour 1 and 1 On Tour 4

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=other;type=stormchase;sess=

Glidescope we have the best Insurance, although my wife has me Insured for just under 1 Million and when you watch the end of that programme you will see she nearly got paid out :nonono: Although we wont be getting that close this year, maybe within 1/2 Mile, the things you do for Tv :wallbash:

Anyhow Back on Topic and Winds still North of East here, showers fizzling like they always do whenever there is a Northerly element for SE Essex. Not expecting much but looking forward to Convective Skies tomorrow across all of our region with nice crisp blue skies in between.

Paul S

Posted

I was reading some posts about sleet earlier so im going to put your minds at rest.

At the moment parts of the SE have upper temps around -6/-7C as you can see on the link below.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs032.gif

However by tomorrow morning this changes to -11C!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs212.gif

This is why come tomorrow snow showers will become more and more widespread. The combination of increasing winds/decreasing upper temps will cause greater instability.

Posted

Low pressure centred somewhere around Hythe juding by latest radar, moving SWwards, some intense precip on the wrap-around in E Kent, Folkestone area, driftin southwestwards with the Low - this will affect Ashford no doubt soon.

Posted

I was reading some posts about sleet earlier so im going to put your minds at rest.

At the moment parts of the SE have upper temps around -6/-7C as you can see on the link below.

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs032.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs212.gif

This is why come tomorrow snow showers will become more and more widespread. The combination of increasing winds/decreasing upper temps will cause greater instability.

Thanks for that! Don't need to worry too much about marginality then :p

Posted

Hi Downpour, thnks for the support and words of wisdom, if I start early, there my just be some fresh stuff left for me in Happy Valley (Coulsdon)on Saturday....aAny tips for secret sledging spots near here would be much appreciated... :p

Don't know S London that well. Is Crystal Palace on a big hill? Maybe some spots down there but I think within London we up in the N and W are favoured by the dump. Might be worth trying Barnet or Hendon if you get up early. I just edited my post with some pics for you. Don't worry about that green patch – only a tiny bit of the park!

Posted

I always feel like the Chilterns are in weather forecasting no mans land :p

Are we in the south east area? Or central England? Does anyone know whether we are in line for any more snow?

Posted

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs032.gif

http://www.wetterzen...cs/Rmgfs212.gif

what do you mean more widespread? will it come further central southern

Posted

heavy snow how in Ipswich at the moment and looking good for the night seems the streamer is over us for the night

http://www.meteox.nl/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=250&y=221