East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

MAF

Posted

type in google 'storm chasing tours'

group of us from chelmsford going in four months... can't wait yahoo.gif

Who you going with OT ??

Posted

what do you mean more widespread? will it come further central southern

You're on the wrong forum fella. Basingstoke is Hants isn't it? It's on the Central Southern England thread.

Posted

I was reading some posts about sleet earlier so im going to put your minds at rest.

At the moment parts of the SE have upper temps around -6/-7C as you can see on the link below.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs032.gif

However by tomorrow morning this changes to -11C!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs212.gif

This is why come tomorrow snow showers will become more and more widespread. The combination of increasing winds/decreasing upper temps will cause greater instability.

I sure hope so TEITS as we only have 1" at the moment, though we was going to see more to be honest. :p

Posted

snow has been on and off in Dover here this evening... looks like at 9:30 on the radar a very heavy burst of snow is going to pass over Dover... this should be fun!

Posted

So South Essex watchers do we think that large shower coming down from Ipswich way has our name on it? Got a horrible feeling from looking at the net weather radar it could slide over the top off us through mid central essex!

Posted

I was reading some posts about sleet earlier so im going to put your minds at rest.

At the moment parts of the SE have upper temps around -6/-7C as you can see on the link below.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs032.gif

However by tomorrow morning this changes to -11C!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs212.gif

This is why come tomorrow snow showers will become more and more widespread. The combination of increasing winds/decreasing upper temps will cause greater instability.

Does that apply to us in the Poole area re. Sundays possible snow event. Lots of posters saying probable sleet or rain here. After the misery of watching it all arc around us with the last snow, dont think we can take more disappointment lol. Waited for you to show because we value your opinion on here above most and the threads for us are lacking the more experienced members. Many thanks.

Posted

Looks like tons of snow on the maps for the South Sunday but the forecasters are saying light. I presume we could still be looking at accumulations if it snows long enough ?

Edited by Vesuvius

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Well, latest Rob McElwee forecast shows heavier precipitation on Sunday. His earlier forecast showed it much lighter. They clearly havent got a clue, and before anyone says it, im not looking at each forecast for detail. Will have to wait till the day, as usual.

Edited by danm

Posted

Looks as though the big blob has my name on it as well!

Looks pretty intense so should be interesting, we just had a very heavy shower around 20mins ago, added to the covering!

Matt. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

snow has been on and off in Dover here this evening... looks like at 9:30 on the radar a very heavy burst of snow is going to pass over Dover... this should be fun!

and deal aswell i hope. how confident are you at getting more? i belive we will get more just unsure how much hoping for 2 inchs

Posted

Well, latest Rob McElwee forecast shows heavier precipitation on Sunday. His earlier forecast showed it much lighter. They clearly havent got a clue, and before anyone says it, im not looking at each forecast for detail. Will have to wait till the day, as usual.

Yes, on the other forum someone said the latest Fax charts are heavier with ppn for Sunday. As you say, I doubt anyone at the Beeb has much appetite for forecasting more that T+24. That all said the UKMO have stuck their neck out for "significant" snow on Sunday. All FI in this winter, IMO.

Edited by Downpour

Posted

Typical. Wind now favouring a weak thames streamer and Im seeing stars overhead. Come on beeaach wind yourself up.

Posted

So South Essex watchers do we think that large shower coming down from Ipswich way has our name on it? Got a horrible feeling from looking at the net weather radar it could slide over the top off us through mid central essex!

I hope so!

Sorry.

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

precip upgrade on BBC graphics for Sunday. Pinch of salt remember though...

Can't believe I am about to say this......but I hope it isn't heavy snow! :rolleyes:

Posted

Typical. Wind now favouring a weak thames streamer and Im seeing stars overhead. Come on beeaach wind yourself up.

Are you passing the snow to me or me to you. Or are we both missing out ?

Posted

The Beeb are struggling. I get my weather updates on here as they are more reliable. :o