Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

After looking at the 9.30 radar that shower has defiently kept growing, now Im a little more confident it may hit our area (Rochford, Rayleigh, Ashingdon, Leigh etc), or at least some of it. Just hope it doesnt fade

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

It's started now.

Between Colchester and Clacton.

Posted

All i have is stars in the sky at the moment and im just round the corner from you, lol

Clear sky here also, which you would expect given you are 1 min down the road. Still very very light snow falling here - must be a rogue cloud around just to the nth of you!

Trust me, it isnt much to get excited about but given we appear to have had a number of near misses in last few days, its nice to see some flakes, even if you need a microscope.

Posted

THAT SHOWER HEADING TO CLACTON SEEMS TO OF CHANGED DIRECTION A LITTLE TO THE EAST OR IS IT ME HOPING LOL :good:

It is expanding on its eastern edge, it is still heading roughly SSW, But some Convection is firing off the coast further South off the Essex Coast - Much better for us!

Posted

That big snow shower over Suffolk looks headed straight nor NE London! Hope it doesnt change track or fizzle out. We've hardly had anything here today.

Get in the queue!

Hopefully enough for everyone!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes
wind has been getting stronger and stronger here in west sussex last couple of hours feels absoulte bitter out there! just trying to snow now! maybe that blob in the north sea is coming our way?

Yes....it could well do good.gif

Posted

Wonder if that shower is gonna go just south of here. I suspect it might not make it. CM21 here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Clear sky here also, which you would expect given you are 1 min down the road. Still very very light snow falling here - must be a rogue cloud around just to the nth of you!

Trust me, it isnt much to get excited about but given we appear to have had a number of near misses in last few days, its nice to see some flakes, even if you need a microscope.

True mate, any snow flying past the lampost is always good smile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Snowing heavier right now

We are having a lovely snow shower right now, with huge fluffy flakes :good:

Referring to a post further up the list about Norwich snow, Norfolk has been very hit and miss with the recent snow - some people have had a few inches today - this will always be the way with showers. You may be in luck later tonight :good:

Posted

The snow shower that was on the Radar to hit Dover at 21:30 didn't show up... not sure why but it looked Heavy... it's cloudy out there now but nothing falling from it... and I can hear drip drip drip so the snow sounds like it's thawing... 0C outside though.

Posted

no it hasn't,, where in clacton are u ?? i'm in groom park

no i'm lying yes it hasdrinks.gif

Edited by donna-m

Posted

I like the look of that stuff heading down the coast as Paul S has been highlighting. About time snow starved SE Essex got a top up for the couple of cm we have.

Anyone want to hazzard a guess when it might arrive - and what odds it will fizzle out before it reaches us!

:D 2130 Radar is very encouraging for us!

The Shower is expanding on its eastern edge and convection is firing in the Blackwater Estaury, so if it holds together we should get some part of it! :D

Guess what Paul- it wont be SLEET!!!!!!

Im crossing everything here that it holds together- I tracked that little shower down from 20:00 to 21:15 when it hit bexleyheath- lucky as was really running out of puff----

we had about half a cm from it- but if it had held together it would have been nearer an inch-

Ive also worked out that 6 pixels of medium blue on the NW radar is about 1 inch-

Based on that info the 'thing' whatever you want to call it tracking SW along the coast has 1-4 inches in it depending on path & time spent in the PPN -

Of course my biggest concern isnt track but intensity- although im hoping that because its more organised & possibly getting moisture feed off the estuary then it will maintain its structure a tad more as it heads south-

Currently 6/7cm lying here in the garden- would be nice to get to 10cm or beyond tonight-

looking at the NW radar it looks as though the back end is building again as well- after that small gap-

Steve

Posted

da12

You might get the southern part of it...but I think it will be a good hour before it gets to you...........will it be worth the wait?????

SS

Posted

good.gif 2130 Radar is very encouraging for us!

The Shower is expanding on its eastern edge and convection is firing in the Blackwater Estaury, so if it holds together we should get some part of it! good.gif

reckon it will even hit thurrock (now that Darren is in guilford :D )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Just looked out the window towards the NE here in London SE12, clouds look deeper and have an orangey glow.

Should mean flow is more from the NE now, keeping the air in contact with the Estuary for longer, even better if it turns ENE.

Hope the Ipswich "blob" can hold it all the way to SE London/NW Kent.

Regards,

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Get in the queue!

Hopefully enough for everyone!!

I am transfixed with the radar hoping that by some kind of miracle that big blob is going to eventually hit Brighton whistling.gif I am hooked to Netweather! Even though I rarely post - I am enjoying reading all your posts!

I hope you all get the snow that you want smile.gif

Edited by Alpine glow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We are having a lovely snow shower right now, with huge fluffy flakes smile.gif

Referring to a post further up the list about Norwich snow, Norfolk has been very hit and miss with the recent snow - some people have had a few inches today - this will always be the way with showers. You may be in luck later tonight smile.gif

Yes, we had a lot early this morning,. but little since. My dad came indoors a while ago and said that we'd had some more, but it is hit and miss.