Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

MAF

Posted

shok.gif Nothing here but Sleet - Pmsl not again!

Just a heads up a weakish Streamer has set up as the Low pressure has moved SW Again and it now lies just off the Kent Coast, this means the wind is now veering ENE In the Estuary.

I am surprised Steve Murr is not salivating at this, I fully expect places further down the line to get some decent Snow Showers out of this in the next few hours in this brief window.

We have sleety rainy graupel atm

Paul S

:doh: does that mean another 2 hour journey home tomorrow morning? :rolleyes: got out of work this morning at 7, went to Charing Cross to get 0717 train to find it was leaving from London bridge, but the 1st train to Lon bridge was not until 0726 :nonono: got to Lon bridge eventually to find there were no trains as a train had broken down outside canon street and nothing was running :angry: eventually go home at 0915 this morning. :rolleyes:

was slight snow on way into work tonight, but i did notice the chance of a streamer setting up when i checked it out earlier. strange thing about tonight was that the clouds were movng in a southerly direction but the winds were from an easterly :unknw:

Posted

You seem to have changed your tune Paul. Do you think areas in London may pick up the odd cm from this later?

Lol Yep

Well was not expecting the Low to Pirouette in the Southern North Sea like it has, hard to say about how long the Streamers will last as it looks pretty weak to me atm.

The Low Pressure must be Female :rolleyes::rolleyes: So many mood swings and changes of direction today :nonono::unknw:

BTW To all our lovely Female Followers I am of course joking before you put me on Ignore as well!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

John w was right about the warmer sector then :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

The winter of 2009/2010.....the picture say's it all!

snowcover-1.jpg

Apologies if someone has already posted. A few beefier showers rolling into Ipswich now.

hehe that reminds me of this film

Ian-Holm-The-Day-After-Tomorrow.3.jpg

Posted

Lol Yep

Well was not expecting the Low to Pirouette in the Southern North Sea like it has, hard to say about how long the Streamers will last as it looks pretty weak to me atm.

The Low Pressure must be Female :rolleyes::rolleyes: So many mood swings and changes of direction today :nonono::unknw:

BTW To all our lovely Female Followers I am of course joking before you put me on Ignore as well!

Ho ho. I'm sure they will forgive you (the very few of them that there are!)

Posted

Snowing in Shoebury now :rolleyes: Big flakes too

Oops, spoke too soon. Gone light again :rolleyes:

Edited by Blackie

Posted

Snowing in Shoebury now :rolleyes: Big flakes too

Just about to say it must be snowing in shoebury by now, hopefully it will hit southend soon, will be interesting to see how longs it lasts in shoebury.

Posted

Warmest temps for some time now reported across the region. Plus sleet reports. Think sun could result in mass suicides, esp on the coasts.

Posted

The radar definitely suggests that there is a area of snow showers off the coast of Great Yarmouth that

are starting to band together into perhaps a more organised area of snow.

well, in basingstoke presently it is still freezing and waiting for a sreamer from the east?

Posted

Sunday...

http://www.wzkarten3...pics/brack2.gif

One word = Snowy laugh.gif

That would liven up Sunday lunch. I have been telling my snow starved mates in Brixton that there is unlikely to be more snow. Hope I am wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

No school for the kids today, but work for their dad. Still, nice to know that they have me in their thoughts....

BroxbourneSnowman.jpg?t=1262891524

Posted

Warmest temps for some time now reported across the region. Plus sleet reports. Think sun could result in mass suicides, esp on the coasts.

This is a warm sector on the low in the North Sea. Temperatures will drop away eventually later on this evening. This warm sector has nothing at all to do with Sundays projected snowfalls. Just relax.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

So we are currently in -8c 850mb and 518 Dam air and it is sleeting !!

Do Low pressure areas have cold cores in summer ??