Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Is anyone else surprised to see as many snow showers around as there is at the moment? I didn't expect to see another reload of PPN up in the North East like that, I thought the first batch would be the only batch and then showers would become fewer this evening. Instead they are still going strong and there is 2 areas of them continuing at the moment, 1 near Teeside and one near The Wash area.

Yes, but none of them our coming our way, we've seen enough hair snow fall in Nottingham today. Our weather will be coming from Grimsby tonight (again), and nothing seems to want to come from there. It would break up faster than a Las Vegas marriage anyway.

While you've got a chance, have a look at the English Channel Streamer! The Cotentin Peninsula has been absolutely pounded by the looks of things! ;)

Posted

Well it looks like the was the best of it. More showers going in, but they look very localised, hopefully they'll head our way and pile up ;)

While you've got a chance, have a look at the English Channel Streamer! The Cotentin Peninsula has been absolutely pounded by the looks of things! ;)

Got a link to that mate?

Posted

A new thread has been started ..Beds, Bucks, NORTHANTS and East Anglia aka the 3 counties and East Anglia.

where do i post, officially we are East Mids...

wacko.gif

Posted

Got a link to that mate?

Have a look on http://www.raintoday.co.uk/ - there is an absolute queue of showers ready to hit that part of Normandy and The Channel Islands, as there has been all day! I've seen this on the radar and it's been unrelenting!

Posted

A new thread has been started ..Beds, Bucks, NORTHANTS and East Anglia aka the 3 counties and East Anglia.

where do i post, officially we are East Mids...

wacko.gif

I'm going to move into that thread.

Later midlands dudes :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Wonder if the precip from the NE will get here?

More precip about tonight than people like the BBC predicted as usual!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

where the snow gone for sunday? mad.gifmad.gif

Posted

Hi fellow Midlanders. First time post. Been lurking for quite a while. Love this forum. snow clouds over Telford but nothing falling. I enjoy the excitement of all you that are getting more snow. Enjoy and take care

Posted

That heavy snow shower is now missing Northampton dry.gif by 5 miles and heading your way.

here ,did the MK post code ..

Thanks for that :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

That should stay pretty much close to the Coast as night goes on.

Certainly quite a change for Sunday in the METO output, with a dry and sunny day expected now for Derbys/Staffs/Shrops !

Looking close but i think here will see some snow.

Posted

Hi fellow Midlanders. First time post. Been lurking for quite a while. Love this forum. snow clouds over Telford but nothing falling. I enjoy the excitement of all you that are getting more snow. Enjoy and take care

Hey sherlock, another Telford'ite!!! :drinks:

Posted

Yet more evidence of how pathetic this county is for snow, and moreso this town. The band just disintegrated, then form south and has bulked again. Not a flake has dropped and my snowcover is starting to struggle. Sunday is looking naff for here but hay-ho, the places that've already had the most will get more. We're used to it here

loldrinks.gif

Posted

Hi drgl....yes for my sins i call it home. I'm wellington side of the manor. still reasonable cover of snow and loving the cold. Heres hoping for a top up at least Sunday onwards :p

Posted

hEY...We_want_snow......cheer up you've always got the Shropshire Hills to go and play in. We can't change what will be....so enjoy the ride is my motto:drinks:

Posted

Hi drgl....yes for my sins i call it home. I'm wellington side of the manor. still reasonable cover of snow and loving the cold. Heres hoping for a top up at least Sunday onwards :p

Arh, good old Wellington, i'm originally from Shrewsbury(now on back end of Wrekin Nr Iron Bridge) but met my wife in Rumours in Wellington, those were the days!!!

Posted

How I'd like to experience what parts of eastern/central Kent are experiencing now. Some very heavy snowfall down there at the moment, which should give a good few inches if it persists. FAX charts this evening looked promising for late on Sunday into Monday for the central Midlands southwards. Hopefully the next GFS run maintains the precip for this region for that period.

my mum and dad live in east kent! my dad is crazy about the weather. i take after him lol! im gonna text him in a mo

Posted

How I'd like to experience what parts of eastern/central Kent are experiencing now. Some very heavy snowfall down there at the moment, which should give a good few inches if it persists. FAX charts this evening looked promising for late on Sunday into Monday for the central Midlands southwards. Hopefully the next GFS run maintains the precip for this region for that period.

Yes, us in the 3 counties are expecting some heavy snow rofl.gif

Posted
:rolleyes: cheers, gotta go and make a brew. Interesting update by GP in in depth model forum.......continued cold could keep up right side of marginal for next 7 days at least :rofl:

Posted

Yes, the North and the West of the region now looking dry on Sunday, possibilities for the central Midlands but the main action looks to be for the South of the region as a pulse of PPN moves East.

If you look back at 62/63 the North Midlands and NW of England were often the places to have the least snow because of the nature of having to maintain a cold pattern, obviously in this cold spell the NW has done well largely thru a bit of luck with the positioning of troughs.

I've got some pics of Shrewsbury & surrounding areas with LOTS of snow from that winter!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Tuesday night could be bad from the west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yes without a doubt there was snow but I mean relatively compared to aother areas - there were at least two events that gave around a foot of snow to the Birmingham area but nothing here (possibly some snow for Shropshire but I would guess more in the South of the county ?)

It's a hell of a way of in terms of the modelling at the moment, the likelihood is if the PPN makes it as far North as here then it will probably be transitory snow ahead of the milder air.

sunday looking crap, although wouldnt rule out the odd flurry, I think thats my lot snow wise now this cold spell, although as you say maybe transient snow, but I think that front will just stay in SW areas keeping the N midlands dry, then the next atlantic attack bringing rain

Posted

sunday looking crap, although wouldnt rule out the odd flurry, I think thats my lot snow wise now this cold spell, although as you say maybe transient snow, but I think that front will just stay in SW areas keeping the N midlands dry, then the next atlantic attack bringing rain

Why so negative all the time?

There are oppurtunities over the next few days. Sunday will bring the risk of snow particularly in the evening and during Monday. A breakdown isnt secured yet. Enjoy the ride but chin up becuase so many comments seem to make ot 'over' all the time.

GFS 18Z seems to be bringing Precip further North which is good for us! Lets hope it stays that way.