Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes, quite surpirsed myself. Settled down to dinner forgetting about the snow thinking that flurry was it. Go through to the kitchen to feed the dog to see a dusting outside on the cars and snow coming down quite well.

Should be over soon looking at the radar. Although the radar isn't always helpful!

think positive gord! my tip is not to look at the radar, and just enjoy it!

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its nice when its snowing and the radar says not like now. Snowing quite moderately now. <_<

Posted

What's new?

Did it snow in Nottingham then?

Now i'm confused, where does Milton Keynes belong? Here or East Anglia/South East discussion, even the Meto can't decide where we belong!!

Posted

The edge of it is touching me, yet another close call rolleyes.gif

I've been watching that bugger since it left the wash..it was on crash course with Northampton,then as it shifted just south wallbash.gifwallbash.gif could have had 2cm from that , now looking like i'll get 2 flakes.

Posted

Where did this snow come from? None was forecase here tonight, but it is snowing!!! Just goes to show really that you can never be sure

Posted

Hey all!!!! Funky Friday it is then, and a snowy one too!!!! whooppeeee!!!!!!

Got home from work at 5.30, it just started snowing and then came down really well, stopped about half hour ago, it's left a nice covering all over, not disimilar to Tuesday night, will it snow again tonight though, thats my question!!!!!!!!

Posted

Now i'm confused, where does Milton Keynes belong? Here or East Anglia/South East discussion, even the Meto can't decide where we belong!!

You are in the SE, but you are so close to northamptonshire you could be classed as us laugh.gif

It's the same with us in Northants ,we border Bucks, Cambs and they are classed as SE and East Anglia.

We are in no mans land laugh.gif

Posted

You are in the SE, but you are so close to northamptonshire you could be classed as us laugh.gif

It's the same with us in Northants ,we border Bucks, Cambs and they are classed as SE and East Anglia.

We are in no mans land laugh.gif

Thats how I feel and yet I am more likely to share weather with the Midlands rather than Essex!

Posted

Hey all!!!! Funky Friday it is then, and a snowy one too!!!! whooppeeee!!!!!!

Got home from work at 5.30, it just started snowing and then came down really well, stopped about half hour ago, it's left a nice covering all over, not disimilar to Tuesday night, will it snow again tonight though, thats my question!!!!!!!!

Funky Friday? Nutter! :wallbash: Almost sounds like someone's about to hit the town!

Unlikely to snow in the Nottingham area again tonight, but watch out for potentially heavy snow on Sunday night! :whistling:

Posted

Did in Northampton, and looking at the radar there is a very nice blob coming down to this area, looks like you could be in the firing lineacute.gif as it look like the heavy stuff is just going to the south of Northampton.

It'll be bonus snow tonight, not holding my breath, be welcome mind :p

I'm just amazed how there has been no thaw whatsoever since waking up to snow on Tuesday morning, can't remember the last time that happened. :p

Posted

Thats how I feel and yet I am more likely to share weather with the Midlands rather than Essex!

Your weather will be just the same as ours, nowt like Essex. your better off in the Mids thread, we are alot nicer people drinks.gif

Posted

Nutter? Me? Never!!!!! Wish I was about to hit the town lol!!! nah, sitting at home with my port and lemondade chilling out more like it lol!!!!!whistling.gif

So (snow!) no more tonight then? :p what about tomorrow??!!!!!! And if it's heavy on Sunday - fantastico!!!!!! :p

Posted

It'll be bonus snow tonight, not holding my breath, be welcome mind good.gif

I'm just amazed how there has been no thaw whatsoever since waking up to snow on Tuesday morning, can't remember the last time that happened. cool.gif

That heavy snow shower is now missing Northampton dry.gif by 5 miles and heading your way.

here ,did the MK post code ..

post-9498-12629830699142_thumb.png

Posted

Well stopping here and breaks in the cloud heading this way.

That was an alright little surprise shower wasn't it? I'm assuming it bodes well that snow has travelled from the east coast to here? Even if it was just a little bit?

Posted

Nutter? Me? Never!!!!! Wish I was about to hit the town lol!!! nah, sitting at home with my port and lemondade chilling out more like it lol!!!!!whistling.gif

So (snow!) no more tonight then? :) what about tomorrow??!!!!!! And if it's heavy on Sunday - fantastico!!!!!! :)

So do I in a sense, though can't really as I'm revising for exams. Stupid uni, eh! :) Port and lemonade though? I prefer just Port !

Unlikely tonight - showers seem to want to break up before getting to Nottingham (as usual), however the snow risk should increase over the weekend! We may get a little sprinkling tomorrow, wouldn't like to bet on it though! :drinks:

Edited by butler_son

Posted

hey all! just got back from work! only snowed lightly here for 30 mins! are these showers gonna keep feeding down from the north east all night? hope so! i want more snow lol

Posted

Or Whitstable, or Brighton :drinks:

It's nicer in here, I was brought up in the Midlands (Nuneaton, later moving to Wolverhampton and Tipton, spent time in Stafford and Leicester on the boat) so here I'll stay :)

Posted

So do I in a sense, though can't really as I'm revising for exams. Stupid uni, eh! nonono.gif Port and lemonade though? I prefer just Port !

Unlikely tonight - showers seem to want to break up before getting to Nottingham (as usual), however the snow risk should increase over the weekend! We may get a little sprinkling tomorrow, wouldn't like to bet on it though! unsure.gif

Lol!!! the lemonade just means I can drink for longer before feeling too drunk!!!! lightweight lol!!!!!

Well fingers crossed for some more tonight and tomorrow in any case!!!! Just hope I get my heating fixed tomorrow too ol!!!!!!wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Is anyone else surprised to see as many snow showers around as there is at the moment? I didn't expect to see another reload of PPN up in the North East like that, I thought the first batch would be the only batch and then showers would become fewer this evening. Instead they are still going strong and there is 2 areas of them continuing at the moment, 1 near Teeside and one near The Wash area.