Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I hope the GFS has nailed this, if it has then Sunday is going to be very good :D

Poop, I'll have to work Sunday, no matter what the driving conditions, because my bank balance said so! :wallbash:

Posted

I hope the GFS has nailed this, if it has then Sunday is going to be very good :D

The GFS hasn't been nailing a lot lately apart from its own coffin, however given the precip charts I posted earlier, we look good for another haircut snowfall in Nottingham, even Leicester! Should make it to the West Midlands too.

Snow pepping up again in Nottingham, this is even better than Monday was! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

watched bbc weather 6.25, looked like a few snow flurries possible for me tonight, but sunday didnt really look that good, although he did say a covering elsewhere which includes here, so suppose settle for that

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

watched bbc weather 6.25, looked like a few snow flurries possible for me tonight, but sunday didnt really look that good, although he did say a covering elsewhere which includes here, so suppose settle for that

Dont worry about their graphics. So many do which annoys me unfortunately.

E.g this morning they said we would have light snow showers. What was there? Crystal clear blue skies and sunshine.

Posted

Snowing well here. -1.6C. Good covering developing on my estate away from the gritters.

Gratz matey I know you guys missed the main action ealer in the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Dont worry about their graphics. So many do which annoys me unfortunately.

E.g this morning they said we would have light snow showers. What was there? Crystal clear blue skies and sunshine.

mass of snow b'ham southwards dry further north, but bbc do give stafford light snow sun and mon, still dunno why meto taken warning off

Posted

Nice this for Nottingham, we can banish those snow barriers nowdrinks.gif

Temperature has risen by 0.8c in 30MINS. Remarkable, the clouds rolling in

I'm just looking at the heavier, bulky ppn to the north as otherwise it'lll be left with scraps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well, Tickle my tangerines! Its snowing..... :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The area us Midlanders have got to focus on tonight and overnight into Tomorrow is this area that I have circled on the radar.

When the winds veer more to an E/NE direction then those showers around Skeggy area will push inland.

The area us Midlanders have got to focus on tonight and overnight into Tomorrow is this area that I have circled on the radar.

When the winds veer more to an E/NE direction then those showers around Skeggy area will push inland.

Whhoops, forgot to add it and it wont let me edit it lol

post-2115-12629759718042_thumb.jpg

Posted

Not liking the models tonight at all , but this weekend still looks like it is on the card if GFS is right. After that the Mild won't win next week but by the week after I have a feeling the milder air might make some head way .. Sorry but that's life :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Gratz matey I know you guys missed the main action ealer in the week.

Thanks. The unexpected snowfall is always best :drinks: Having said that it was fairly brief, very light now. Still possibilities of further snow in the near future.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Whhoops, forgot to add it and it wont let me edit it lol

Evening Andylaugh.gif And eveyone else!

Do you reckon the chunk off the coast of scarboro is coming our way or will wind directions cause it to follow the path of what we`ve already seen?ph34r.gif

Edited by ECHOBASE1975MK6

Posted

considering i've got yellow and green moderate precip over my head................NOWT is falling.

2nd time this has happendcc_confused.gif

We've nicked it! :drinks:

Still snowing in Nottingham, something must be wrong... :drinks:

Posted

moderate snow here now, settling on old tired snow making it look new, that's what i like :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Lol i note how the BBC Graphics for now show practically nothing compared to what there is. It will be the same matter on Sunday.

Posted

Here is how I see Sun/Mon panning out.

At first the extreme SE will see heavy snow as the flow is ENE,ly. However the flow veers E,ly and this will move the heavier snow across Norfolk, Midlands, Wales. Basically the longer fetch across the N Sea enhances the precip. This has been repeatedly shown on the GFS.

To be honest though the snowfall could last 24/36hrs so it doesn't really need to be heavy to bring heavy snowfall.

Thats sounds good to me!! :good::D:D

I hear this snow is coming all the way from Russia...with love :D

Edited by Frank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Evening Andylaugh.gif And eveyone else!

Do you reckon the chunk off the coast of scarboro is coming our way or will wind directions cause it to follow the path of what we`ve already seen?ph34r.gif

Evening Mark :good: I think that stuff near Scarborough is not going to be coming anywhere near us, the winds will swing round to more of an Easterly later on.