Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I was messing :cc_confused:

Ta... bet this bloomin' stuff skirts just to the west and gets Northampton. This past week really for the first time in 34 years on this planet I have truely witnessed the power of a snow shield. Not to say it hasn't snowed. Just not anyway near enough for my liking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Do the rules regarding off-topic posts apply to all parts of the forum, or is just the 'Model Discussion' thread?

Not sure why I post in here, as it gets lost within the space of 5min because of a sea of off-topic and general nonsense.

Harsh.

It's not usually this off-topic in here, the only reason why B_S, Crimson and myself have been off-topic is because we have been joking about Notts being snowless and I had some banter and bet B_S that the showers would reach Notts, thats how we got onto all this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Well back to the weather anyway, the GFS 12z has flip-flopped once again, showing absolutely no sign of anything remotely mild, still remaining bitterly cold right throughout next week. Shame I won't be here for the ECM tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Ta... bet this bloomin' stuff skirts just to the west and gets Northampton. This past week really for the first time in 34 years on this planet I have truely witnessed the power of a snow shield. Not to say it hasn't snowed. Just not anyway near enough for my liking.

good.gif I couldnt agree more!!! I dont want to wait another 34 years to have this chance again!!!!

STILL NOT SNOWING IN NOTTINGHAM BTW

edit: light flurries now!! biggrin.gif

Edited by Crimson_Sprite

Posted

As we're being required to be on topic, anyone fancy having a look at the radar and seeing that band break up as it approaches Nottingham? Mansfield, Chesterfield and Newark are all looking at decent falls right now, with Leicester looking on track too.

Weather09 has a point - your posts are good, however, what else can you really post when you've summed it up so neatly anyway? :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

This current development is very interesting, a trough no? I wonder if its possible that when it reaches here it will carry on all eve? Look at the train of snow behind the southern blob, all the way to york area!

And also the wind is veering ENE! Good news! (well should be)

Edited by Paceyboy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Just looked out the window and it's snowing here now :whistling: 3rd snow shower today.

Mackeral Sky... Keep an eye on those showers developing just North of The Wash on the radar. I think they are the ones that are going to feed in towards Rushden area tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Do the rules regarding off-topic posts apply to all parts of the forum, or is just the 'Model Discussion' thread?

Not sure why I post in here, as it gets lost within the space of 5min because of a sea of off-topic and general nonsense.

I tend to agree with you.....The banter (as long as its honestly weather related) is funny to read, but in-depth, and/or concise forecast/synoptic type posts get readily lost in the mix which is irritating at times....Then again, there's always the 'report' button!.....It is a cold discussion thread, not banter or instant message forum.....Though then again, when I've consumed plenty of booze, then I banter with the best of 'em....Cant have it everyway I guess :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hmm, I would be surprised if we didn't get at least a few flakes, they are certainly pushing westwards, hopefully westwards enough, and they are certainly holding together very well. If you have the NW radar you will see what I mean. If not I shall keep you posted!

Haven't you got a bus shelter to smash? That's what you Leicester folk do in your spare time isn't it...biggrin.gif

Cheers mate - certainly hope so.

Posted

Well back to the weather anyway, the GFS 12z has flip-flopped once again, showing absolutely no sign of anything remotely mild, still remaining bitterly cold right throughout next week. Shame I won't be here for the ECM tonight.

Yes, I've popped into MOD and noticed this. I take it the precip for us lot this weekend has been downgraded? I reckon it might be better in the long run if it's going to undercut the Scandi high and prolong this spell, for the greater good! :whistling:

good.gif I couldnt agree more!!! I dont want to wait another 34 years to have this chance again!!!!

STILL NOT SNOWING IN NOTTINGHAM BTW

Really? Are you sure about that...because I see some flakes... :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

fine, we'll try to control ourselves and stay on topic more... Its started to l-i-g-h-t-l-y snow again. closedeyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

will the snow it stoke

Cold stoke, have you looked around the site and read the guides to interpreting the models and also looked at the topics on how to achieve snow? I don't mean to offend but you post asking the same thing quite a bit and the best thing would be to try to learn so you can figure it out yourself, there are some great guides on here.

When I started weather watching in my twenties, I knew NOTHING about the synoptics involved but you'd be surprised how muh you can pick up in a short time and it is SO satisfying being able to work it out (well as much as anyone can!) for yourself :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Light snow now and none of that dandruff rubbish :whistling:

Posted

How's it not snowing in Notts?

Weird.

If you want snow, why are you going on about being out with the shield?

Its started snowing again about a minute ago, the sheild was because Butler said he will shave his hair off if it snows in Nottingham tonight, and he bought a snow sheild from ebay the other day... I darent say more for fear of going off topic blush.gif

Posted

This current development is very interesting, a trough no? I wonder if its possible that when it reaches here it will carry on all eve? Look at the train of snow behind the southern blob, all the way to york area!

And also the wind is veering ENE! Good news! (well should be)

Should this band hold up as it traverses the East Midlands (nearly typed Mildlands), then you guys in the West Midlands should all be in business. I think Staffordshire would likely to be more favoured than more southern areas, this wind really has got more of an easterly direction to it. :unknw:

Snow picking up in Nottingham now, for those who don't think this is O/T! :unknw:

Posted

OK, it's OFFICIALLY lightly snowing out here now for the past 5 minutes. My posts are a bit delayed cuz you cant write a million in a row at once. Butler, get the clippers out!!!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

argh, it looks like the MetOffice have removed advisories/warnings for the Midlands on Sunday?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yep it's snowing out there albeit fairly light. But still it's snow and we beggars can't be choosers!

Posted

Yep it's snowing out there albeit fairly light. But still it's snow and we beggars can't be choosers!

good.gif

Posted

I need this band to go due south!!!! its going too far west!!!! wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Should this band hold up as it traverses the East Midlands (nearly typed Mildlands), then you guys in the West Midlands should all be in business. I think Staffordshire would likely to be more favoured than more southern areas, this wind really has got more of an easterly direction to it. :unknw:

Snow picking up in Nottingham now, for those who don't think this is O/T! :unknw:

Bang on B-S, you took the words right out of my mouth :blush: ...Those showers are holding together really well, and have enough of an easterly component to skirt around the southern flank of the Peaks...Derby, Notts & Leics definitely looking good, and south staffs is definitely in business!

Posted

Just looked out the window and it's snowing here now :unknw: 3rd snow shower today.

Mackeral Sky... Keep an eye on those showers developing just North of The Wash on the radar. I think they are the ones that are going to feed in towards Rushden area tonight.

Im hoping they hit me also.

Dreadful luck so far during this cold spell. Still only have around 1cm of snow!