IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

For those interested, the NAE 06Z seems to have called this band very well:

6pm:

10010818_0806.gif

Midnight:

10010900_0806.gif

Its started snowing again about a minute ago, the sheild was because Butler said he will shave his hair off if it snows in Nottingham tonight, and he bought a snow sheild from ebay the other day... I darent say more for fear of going off topic blush.gif

OK, it's OFFICIALLY lightly snowing out here now for the past 5 minutes. My posts are a bit delayed cuz you cant write a million in a row at once. Butler, get the clippers out!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I can reply! :)

Snow picking up now, much better out there now than it has been of late! Still not as heavy as I'd like, but it's snow, none the less! :)

Also, looking at the radar, there's a couple of thin shower bands just off the Lincolnshire coast - would probably break up before getting here, but I've got an eye out for them.

Edited by butler_son

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

For those interested, the NAE 06Z seems to have called this bad very well:

I don't know if I can reply! :)

Snow picking up now, much better out there now than it has been of late! Still not as heavy as I'd like, but it's snow, none the less! :)

Agh that would be hell - would just scoot to my north I think!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Starting to decay rapidly now as they enter the better half of the Midlands ( :) )/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Seems like it could hit me later on if it holds together!and it streams all the way up to north east :-)

Posted

hHmm, interesting little band that, the way its swinging around from the north east. Might give a snowflake or two in these parts later...doubt it but there you go.

Shame Sunday has been downgraded. But if every snow event predicted for the Midlands had come off we'd be buried by now!

On the bright side though, we have a good covering of snow, fanatastic winter sunshine by day and very frosty nights....I mean, if Sunday doesn't work out for us, there isn't a lot to complain about in this little corner of the West Midlands anyway!

More of this beautiful weasther please!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

No they're not

I'm afraid they are, well, according to NW radar & RainToday....There are some heavier showers on the northern flank of this band (crossing the M62 near Leeds) but rest assured, the Peaks will leach the heavy snow out of these before they reach your location

Posted

sorry guys whats the NAE model? I thaught there was the GFS, ECM and UKMO as the top 3 models ... hmmm is this a new model or something?

quite lost hmm

Posted

Just looked out the window and it's snowing here now :yahoo: 3rd snow shower today.

Mackeral Sky... Keep an eye on those showers developing just North of The Wash on the radar. I think they are the ones that are going to feed in towards Rushden area tonight.

Very aligned aren't they and joining up. I suspect the 'main' bit looks like going a tad further west. Problem here in all of this spell when we've looked like getting decent shower activity, more organised stuff has killed it off, whether thats been from the north, south, east or west. Been stuck in a no mans land, only getting light dregs. I'm up for a Wash streamer.

Posted

Raintoday annoys me at the mo because you can't zoom in...

Posted

One thing to bear in mind is that the last snowy spell was forecast with the heaviest precip for the S/E but about 24 houres before hand the models shifted everything further north and west and the almost orgasmic frenzy that had been stirred up in the S/E thread became a suicidal affairwhistling.gif I dont think we can get to downbeat about Sundays event until at least 6 to 12 hours before it happens and hopefully there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth from the S/E threadblum.gif

We're going to miss out again, if we miss out at the weekend to I'm going to go crazy crazy.gif

Now the goverment are getting involved by cutting gritting for all counties by 25%

and reports that there is still no end to this cold spell for atleast another 10 days.

me thinks that with the forecast snow from satuday evening , sunday and also monday

anywhere south of nottingham will be have serious travel problems as the min amount of snow is

1 inch upto a possible 8 in of snow accumulating ontop of what people have already got.

this could be a very serious situation , i wouldnt be surprised if the army are not on standby

Posted

Didn't know you could do that, thanks

Looks like it should start snowing any second now :cold:

Edit: Snowing :cold:

Edited by Macey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Very aligned aren't they and joining up. I suspect the 'main' bit looks like going a tad further west. Problem here in all of this spell when we've looked like getting decent shower activity, more organised stuff has killed it off, whether thats been from the north, south, east or west. Been stuck in a no mans land, only getting light dregs. I'm up for a Wash streamer.

Aye, I reckon a wash streamer looks good for you tonight.

Snowing moderatly here now, Leicester really seems to have got lucky with that precip, a nice blob of moderate stuff has just headed straight for us. I can no longer claim we are unlucky because today we have had 2 direct hits from moderate showers, earlier one left a dusting on surfaces where the snow melted and this one looks like it will top it up a bit.

anywhere south of nottingham will be have serious travel problems as the min amount of snow is

1 inch upto a possible 8 in of snow accumulating ontop of what people have already got.

this could be a very serious situation , i wouldnt be surprised if the army are not on standby

Oh no, now you've done it, Crimson Spirit will be onto that :cold:

Posted

Put your postcode in and it zooms

Doh!! So it does!! :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Now the goverment are getting involved by cutting gritting for all counties by 25%

and reports that there is still no end to this cold spell for atleast another 10 days.

me thinks that with the forecast snow from satuday evening , sunday and also monday

Note how he says "South of Nottingham" biggrin.gif

snows done here now for the most oart, just dandruff in the sky... with a few bursts.. still though, a good shower!