Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Sod Northampton!! I'm more interested whats going to happen in Nottingham shok.gif

Could there be Prozac ? or yells of joy.

I'm going for Prozac!!laugh.gif

Posted

LOL just got back from taking my gran to the doctors, i come in.. see the radar... and I pat myself on the head :rofl:

INCCOOOMING SNOW FOR NOTTINGHAM!

*plugs razor in and turns it on* IM COMING FOR YA BS!!! :D

Shut up! I'll be down the barber's for a haircut by Monday at the latest. But these showers haven't hit yet! Though clouds are rolling in from the north - I might use C_S as an early warning system!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Shut up! I'll be down the barber's for a haircut by Monday at the latest. But these showers haven't hit yet! Though clouds are rolling in from the north - I might use C_S as an early warning system!

:rofl:

You are about to LOOOOOOOOOOOSE!

*does L sign on face* LOOOOSERRR!!

On a side note...

GFS just stuck 2 fingers up to the UKMO with the 12z :D

Rtavn604.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

OK folks, this is an event worth writing about....breath slowly.....bid, deep, breaths....

I THINK WE MAY HAVE A WINNER HERE!!!!! If this misses us, Im going to set myself on fire. This is looking really good so far. Its not breaking up and we are in a direct line. Its clouding up too!!! ok- +breath+ ......

I'm polishing my clippers as we speak, and oiling them up!!! clap.gif We may have a winner here!! Perhaps the snow gods dont want offers of virgins and riches, but HAIR.

Posted

Well, I think i've now found the most snowless location in the Midlands....Kettering!

Whilst Northants (South) and Leicester (North) have had varied amounts from about 2-3" as a min, apparantly Kettering has....1/4"!

Nobodies been on here from Kettering have they? They are probably outside doing a snow dance as we speak :rofl:

Looks like Nottingham is going to get a direct hit from these showers - they seem to be really beefing up now.

Nah...they're moving towards Derby :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I'll be the 1st to scream it on the board when it comes!! And the sky is such a lovely hue of Crimson... biggrin.gif

Posted

OK folks, this is an event worth writing about....breath slowly.....bid, deep, breaths....

I THINK WE MAY HAVE A WINNER HERE!!!!! If this misses us, Im going to set myself on fire. This is looking really good so far. Its not breaking up and we are in a direct line. Its clouding up too!!! ok- +breath+ ......

I'm polishing my clippers as we speak, and oiling them up!!! clap.gif We may have a winner here!! Perhaps the snow gods dont want offers of virgins and riches, but HAIR.

LMAO :help: See... Andy is a wise man and he bears gifts in the way of snow :wallbash:

Posted

Well, I think i've now found the most snowless location in the Midlands....Kettering!

Whilst Northants (South) and Leicester (North) have had varied amounts from about 2-3" as a min, apparantly Kettering has....1/4"!

Nobodies been on here from Kettering have they? They are probably outside doing a snow dance as we speak laugh.gif

Nah...they're moving towards Derby tongue.gif

omg- if someone from Kettering is on this board, they will get my personal badge of honour for not killing themselves by now from lack of snow. They can be the Snow Challenged Club's president! laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Nottingham areas are in for a pasting shortly looking at the radar :wallbash:

Posted

15:45 radar update shows the snow starting to weaken as it heads towards Notts... laugh.gif

girl_devil.gif wot did you just say????

Posted

Have you had nothing in Nottingham so far?

I'm actually quite excited and all a bit chuffed for Nottingham. :wallbash:

Just in time for rush hour mind, could be chaos :help:

Posted

The sky here in Notts has my name all over it LITERALLY. Its the brightest hue of Crimson!!!

Posted

Hmmm the big gap in my gum where the tooth was is starting to hurt now, please for the sake of my pain snow in Nottingham so i can be declared the winner :wallbash:

Posted

Nottingham areas are in for a pasting shortly looking at the radar :drinks:

Do you know if the roads in Kimberley have been gritted? Being avoiding there and going through Moorgreen since Tues...

Posted

:cray:

You are about to LOOOOOOOOOOOSE!

*does L sign on face* LOOOOSERRR!!

Shut. Up. :drinks:

But I'm also about to get snow!

I won't believe it until the first flake falls!

Setting yourself on fire? Killing in the Name, much?

I'll be the 1st to scream it on the board when it comes!! And the sky is such a lovely hue of Crimson... biggrin.gif

It is, and I have the pics to prove it! They're looking towards the QMC, to the south west of me.

post-7705-12629667598852_thumb.jpg

post-7705-12629667963752_thumb.jpg

Posted

Have you had nothing in Nottingham so far?

I'm actually quite excited and all a bit chuffed for Nottingham. rolleyes.gif

Just in time for rush hour mind, could be chaos unsure.gif

(runs to window)................nope not yet!! Newark better not be thieving all our snow AGAIN!!! (shakes fist wildly towards Newark's direction)

Posted

omg- if someone from Kettering is on this board, they will get my personal badge of honour for not killing themselves by now from lack of snow. They can be the Snow Challenged Club's president! laugh.gif

Bear in mind Rushden is only 10 miles south of Kettering. We have an inch on the grass, perhaps half an inch on the pavements. Had plenty of 'periods' of snow over the past week, shame its been so light. Alright, we had about 5 inches before Christmas, but the heaviest snow I've seen was in a 15 minute spell when I got in from work last night about 6pm from a rogue shower!

Posted

Shut. Up. diablo.gif

But I'm also about to get snow!

I won't believe it until the first flake falls!

Setting yourself on fire? Killing in the Name, much?

It is, and I have the pics to prove it! They're looking towards the QMC, to the south west of me.

Cool pics!! you should send them in the BBC! My avatar pic is one I took of the last storm we had in 2005 and the last lightning bolt too, and I sent it to the BBC and they put it up in their weather website for a week! My only claim to fame rolleyes.gif

East mids news will prbably show it on telly though! Class shots! rofl.gif

still waiting for the snow to arrive.........

Posted

(runs to window)................nope not yet!! Newark better not be thieving all our snow AGAIN!!! (shakes fist wildly towards Newark's direction)

:drinks:

It's coming down rather nicely here... looks like both of us could see a few more cm's before the days out. How much do you already have?