Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

unexpected snow is the best. Woke up to a heavy snow shower, must have about 4cms now :whistling:

Yes, looking at www.raintoday.co.uk there is a line of showers that are streaming over you and then feeding down to us!

Posted

Have I officially had the least now, can anyone else claim just 1inch?????

Unfortunate title for me, I think

However, the potential is there for mefor thenext few days, but again, not as bad as anywhere else

Posted

Light snow here.

Icicles are hanging from the house. Still can't get out of the road. Being snowed in is starting to make me crazy. & we're running out of food. Bah.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

We had a fresh inch of snow overnight if that counts?

Yes some overnight flurries CH giving us a little top up.

More showers coming from the wash too looking at the radar.

This is turning into quite a decent cold spell now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Had about 3cm from showers overnight, I thought we may get some showers when the winds turned more Easterly and I am glad we did :wacko:

Posted

The 6z has the Snow showers covering most of England by midnight , this has been brought forwards a few hours ... Anybody who hasn't seen Snow yet , (there can't be many areas left) then they will do in the next 24 hours )

Posted

Looks from the latest radar that they are trying to organise into bands?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Posted

WOW, This is slowly turning into dare i say an epic snow situation, snow cover had shrunk down to 9cm, but last nights heavy showers and the four heavy burst this morning have the snow on the garden table back at 16cm, and there looks plenty more to come from the showers out East, pretty impressive becauce i live right in the middle of the coutry.

all side roads white again to maybe a depth of 5 to 6cm. Even the main A6 was thick with snow slush and white bands down the middle. Looks like the council have finally run out of grit ??? :(

Posted

WOW, This is slowly turning into dare i say an epic snow situation, snow cover had shrunk down to 9cm, but last nights heavy showers and the four heavy burst this morning have the snow on the garden table back at 16cm, and there looks plenty more to come from the showers out East, pretty impressive becauce i live right in the middle of the coutry.

all side roads white again to maybe a depth of 5 to 6cm. Even the main A6 was thick with snow slush and white bands down the middle. Looks like the council have finally run out of grit ??? :(

Hi Mark,

I,m up at Buxton and we have been very heavy falls although brief.

I think the rest of the day and into tonight could prove quite interesting to say the least looking at the radar.

Where are you exactly?

Cheers for now

Kev walker

Posted

Hi, I;m in Matlock, just walked down to the town centre for some newspaper.

those showers out East have really pepped up. When it snows heavy Riber Castle and surrounding hills dispear, temps at -2.2 so no thaw. What falls is settling and accumalating. You must have some good snow depths in your location. :(

Posted

Hi, I;m in Matlock, just walked down to the town centre for some newspaper.

those showers out East have really pepped up. When it snows heavy Riber Castle and surrounding hills dispear, temps at -2.2 so no thaw. What falls is settling and accumalating. You must have some good snow depths in your location. :rofl:

Hi again,

falls errr yes you could say that!! I was at work yesterday ( large 600 acre site) and had to go onto one area that hadn't been touched since the 21 dec and it was 18"+ deep :shok:

Its just getting silly now and i hear through the grapevine derbyshire has little/no salt left :rofl:

I must put some pictures up sometime as it is truly incredible , where i work we have been clearing snow and it is now piled up 10 foot plus high, i havent seen it this bad for years !

Cheers fo now.

Kev Walker

Posted

another heavy snow shower, big flakes again. This is the 5th shower since 7.30am, crickey at this rate its nearly continual snow falling, wow as i type its got really heavy. :shok::rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

snowing moderately the last 15 minutes, flurries making their way inland more than bbc thought, sticking on southern facing roofs, on and off flurries since 8am, hope good sign for tomorrow

Posted

The showers are ever so slightly to North for Leicester to get into the constant moderate Showers , hopefully this will improve throughout the day as the flow comes ever more Easterly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Looks from the latest radar that they are trying to organise into bands?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Yes, quite a rash of showers packing into the east coast....I would expect parts of the East Midlands to get significant accumulations today, though the showers will weaken the further west you go...For the west midlands then I would expect light snow showers giving a dusting in places

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I'm really happy about this. Last night I mentioned that from local knowledge and experience of situations like this where showers pack in around Skegness and The Wash area on an E/NE wind that showers blow well inland and reach Leicester/Birmingham etc... The models didn't agree with this, the GFS had the showers going as far as Rutland or East Nottingham and then dying but I knew they would probably get as far as the West Midlands in this kind of set up.

Tomorrow bodes well IMO, there is supposed to be more PPN around tomorrow in the East and the winds are going to be more or less straight E tomorrow so that will make things very interesting IMO.

Posted

Snowing lightly here for the last 15 mins or so. But the sun is out and the sky is blue? Where is it coming from?? Lol :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Yes, quite a rash of showers packing into the east coast....I would expect parts of the East Midlands to get significant accumulations today, though the showers will weaken the further west you go...For the west midlands then I would expect light snow showers giving a dusting in places

caught a heavier one now, biggish flakes coming down, looks great, very heavy now yay