Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

In their earlier evening forecast it was due to start in the SE corner and spread across the UK into Midlands and Wales on Sunday. This not happening now then? Huge backtrack if it isn't...

You are correct it will spread northwards but as i was in the London and southeast thread I ddnt want to expand outside this area. The heaviest snow is as I metioned but also Wales will see the same anywhere else 2-7 cm maybe a little more.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

The motorway cameras are a handy resource. But the flash map interface is atrocious! Go here http://www.bbc.co.uk/kent/travel/jamcams/# then wait till the warning about computer running slow pops us, select "yes" to dump the duff script, scroll down and you'll see a link for the camera list.

Right click on cam you want and open in new window.

Sounds complicated but it's the beast way i've found.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Its crazy that in a NE airflow, snow has just moved across the Midlands, through Birmingham into Gloucestershire and into SE Wales, and here in London we're getting NOTHING. Ok, the snow may be light over there but at least theyre getting something. In a very frustrating snow shadow at the moment. If the winds are switching to a ENE any chance of some of the making it westwards towards east London?

Posted

Not a flake here in tunbidge wells anyone think we will get any off the main band :rolleyes:?

I think we might, it seems to be heading more towards the West now. :rofl:

We'll have to wait and see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Not a flake here in tunbidge wells anyone think we will get any off the main band :rolleyes:?

Unless that band starts moving west then, no.

You never know what we might wake up to though........

Very Heavy snow here :rolleyes:

I not attempted to post a photo before so how do you do it?

click reply-

then browse ( that opens your folders up >>pictures>> select pic>> attach file ( JPEG ) then when its uploaded add to post-

Steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

The motorway cameras are a handy resource. But the flash map interface is atrocious! Go here http://www.bbc.co.uk...ravel/jamcams/# then wait till the warning about computer running slow pops us, select "yes" to dump the duff script, scroll down and you'll see a link for the camera list.

Right click on cam you want and open in new window.

Sounds complicated but it's the beast way i've found.

Have you tried the Highways Agency site?

Posted

Based on my limited knowledge I would say London and areas west look like missing out, at least on the heavier stuff. Gut instinct just tells me this wont be a major event, but it could still change...

Have to agree with you there too. Just depends how much umph the system coming up from continent has to shunt the train as to how far north and west the heavy snow goes. I also think we will start to see a slow thaw from midweek next week in this area but it may take a while to melt away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

what depths you got-

S

About 5 maybe 6 inches, I will get a proper measure tomorrow, I aint going out there now!

Posted

Have you tried the Highways Agency site?

Will have a look... :rolleyes:

Posted

Based on my limited knowledge I would say London and areas west look like missing out, at least on the heavier stuff. Gut instinct just tells me this wont be a major event, but it could still change...

I never saw it before it was forecast to be all over only heard about it. That's some change and backtrack/downgrade whatever you call it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: We've hit the giant daddy jackpot!

Here's the link for all UK motorway cams

http://www.trafficen...torwayflow.aspx

enable the roadside message signs, handy little tool!

Edited by maxiboy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

You deserve it mate, you don't seem to have had quite as much as further west over west Kent over recent days - from what my parents tell me your way. Quietly confident the snow train will edge this way.

Thanks Nick, no barely a couple of inches up to now but I feel I've been spoilt a bit as I was on the isle of wight on Wednesday in their biggest snowfall in 20 years! What can I say, I'm a snow magnet :rolleyes:

Posted

Will have a look... :rolleyes:

Now that's a better interface! According to the Highways Agency people are still doing nearly 50mph between J9 and J10!

Posted

OK, just watched Rob the Ramp's forecast - he specifically mentioned the worst hit areas - but does look like Gtr London remains in the firing line... phew