Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Good night guys! Enjoy all your snow not a single flake for me tonight :D keep safe!

:D I think you should look whats occurring before ya go night nights :lol:,M2 Bredhurst.....

post-8172-12629993978742_thumb.jpg

Posted

Latest run of the HIRLAM (Dutch Met) model upgrades snowfall amounts with 22cm over Central Kent and 17cm over South-West Essex.

Could well snow for some 24-36 hours in some spots in Kent (if only lightly) smile.gif

it's definitely building off the suffolk coast now. wind direction looks slightly more easterly too.

Posted

after missing them all for days we finally we got hit by a short, sharp, blustery shower. light-moderate blizzard, in fact. this means South Woodham has hit the 2 inch mark, and looks set to break a recent historical record for snow depth.

i wasn't here for all winters in the 00s but in my experience we've not had over 2 inches here since the early 1990s.

pm me if you live in south woodham and can improve my record. the sig is based on photographic evidence.

Posted

it's definitely building off the suffolk coast now. wind direction looks slightly more easterly too.

Some big showers developing over Colchester way with our name on. At last a favourable wind direction for us.

I forgot to mention... that summary above about snow depths are from tomorrow night. Anything tonight is a bonus.

Some big showers developing over Colchester way with our name on. At last a favourable wind direction for us.

I forgot to mention... that summary above about snow depths are from tomorrow night. Anything tonight is a bonus.

Hi Mate-

What are you using as the base start time for the Hirlam model to get those depths- 12pm tom, 3 pm or 6pm-

Steve

Posted

Hi OT. Whats the predicted snow depth down this way? 2cm, lol!

Posted

Tonight's activity really makes up for the lack of it last night :drunk:

Glad to see your seen some action.

Thankfully in this part of the world i've finally seen some decent snow. The radar has really coming alive around N Norfolk. So it looks like a long night for some of us.

Posted

Hi Mate-

What are you using as the base start time for the Hirlam model to get those depths- 12pm tom, 3 pm or 6pm-

Steve

Hi Steve, do think the current shower activity that is building will reach Bromley?

Thanks, John

Posted

N1 Dave

Seen on the other thread you been smoking loads of ciggies, me too just been out and had 2 in a full on Blizzard with 35mph Gusts!

Lol we are mad!

Paul S

Turning in, lets hope tomorrow and Sunday are an Epic

Posted

Hi Mate-

Steve

I'm adding the 12 hour totals together from 6PM Saturday through to 6AM Monday.

The new short range model from exeter has just updated:

http://i45.tinypic.com/33jpesh.jpg (21Z Sat)

http://i45.tinypic.com/2zsb18y.jpg (09Z Sun)

Snow is really focused on that SE corner from Sussex/Kent into Essex.

Edited by Ocean Transit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Think i've seen the best for down here for tonight...

G'night all.

G'night all.

Moderate snow here in Barnehurst- just sucking the last juice out of it before it disapears forever....

Cheers for that OT- interestingly the flow of winds is almost perfect streamer territory after your totals finish accumulating!!!!!!!

Looking good here tomorrow,...

Steve

Posted

G'night all.

Its only just kicked off here,late shift :drunk: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snowy, Hot & Sunny & Thunderstorms

It had to happen sooner or later and that slight change in wind direction made all the difference, only 5 mins worth but at least it was snow. Going to bed a tad happier now. :drunk:

Night everyone. :lol:

Posted

Wow that was incredible!!! However it only lasted 15 minutes!

It was probably some of the most intense snow I've seen all winter, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how heavy a snow storm could actually be, I'd give that about an 8! It will be hard to measure what fell as the wind picked up from 1's and 2's to around 10 to 13mph which was blowing it everywhere, even the several days old stuff. Probably 1 /1.5cms, nice little top up to erase the footprints.

If something like that lasted several hours, you'd be in big bother!! lol

It was probably some of the most intense snow I've seen all winter, on a scale of 1 to 10 of how heavy a snow storm could actually be, I'd give that about an 8! It will be hard to measure what fell as the wind picked up from 1's and 2's to around 10 to 13mph which was blowing it everywhere, even the several days old stuff. Probably 1 /1.5cms, nice little top up to erase the footprints.

Yes- we just got the decaying western end-

We are very close to the angle for a Snow streamer for SE london/ SE Essex/ NW kent- could do with another 3 or 4 degrees of westerly vector....

people should have gone to bed so quick..........

S :drunk:

Posted

light ppn drifting about from the unit steaming towards Danbury... if it doesn't get heavier it would appear we have clipped the southern end.

Posted

They had just finished gritting M20 and bang, lets try again.....Wrotham :drunk:

post-8172-12630011580042_thumb.jpg