Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Had a few flakes a minute ago, and lo and behold, a nice amount of ppn coming into London now...Finally some snow actually likely to hit me, although light, there is a consistency to it that will surely give a covering over this treacherous ice!

Posted

all this late night radar watching isnt good for the waistline with all this chocolate sitting around after xmas

Hard work i know but someones got to do it,watching the radar that is,not eating the chocolate :good:

Posted

Steve was keen to see the 2.30-3am radar but didnt comment on it in the end i dont believe, maybe it wasnt as exciting as he hoped...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Proper heavy snow shower now. Finally! Seems like the showers are starting to move a bit further west.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Very heavy snow here now!! Quite large flakes - really perfect snowfall, blowing around in the gusty strong wind. :o Probably what Neilsouth would describe as a BLIZZARD!! or WHITEOUT!! :p :o

This stuff is laying sooo well! Good call Steve, is this kinda thing looking to continue??

Radar looks very promising!! :good:

Actually, it seems as though its dying a bit now, either way I'm happy with what I've got from it, shows the potential for Sat-Sun-Mon.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted

The forecast for Dover seems to have updated for the best! it says constant light snow from 1800 today all the way through to 1500 Sunday the low level cloud, then sunday night into monday morning... more snow... :cold:

it says light snow but long periods of it. I can see that red warning being issued this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

The forecast for Dover seems to have updated for the best! it says constant light snow from 1800 today all the way through to 1500 Sunday the low level cloud, then sunday night into monday morning... more snow... ohmy.gif

it says light snow but long periods of it. I can see that red warning being issued this morning.

what is it like in east kent today, i am doing deliveries down there this morning thanks

Posted

what is it like in east kent today, i am doing deliveries down there this morning thanks

Surprisingly not too bad, looked out the window and our road appears pretty clear (coombe valley)... I'm not sure about side streets but you should be ok I think. we've had no new snow over night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer

Surprisingly not too bad, looked out the window and our road appears pretty clear (coombe valley)... I'm not sure about side streets but you should be ok I think. we've had no new snow over night.

THANKS MUCH APPRICIATED

THAN KS

Posted

It's been heavy snow here at larkfield , near Maidstone nearly all night. About 4" inches of fresh snow. Looks bad outside with more snow forcast from late afternoon expected to last till late Sunday

Posted

Morning all, had long sleep from 2030 in preperation for a weekend of snow watch. Trawled through the models and still looks ok and woke to find a few extra cms outside!

Lets hope we all get some :cold:

Posted

Morning, well woke up around 06:00 to a full scale blizzard outside! Winds gusting around 35mph and very heavy dry snow!. We must of had 1-2" of fresh snow overnight

Posted

There's lots of activity on the radars above Dover but it isn't snowing at all. Nothing is falling from the sky :cold: I think our turn is later.

Posted

light snow but its drifting and blocking the roads already, deal-sandwich deal-dover roads are covered, the police are stopping people using them

Posted

Has been nothing of note since Wed for us in Greenwich. Really quite frustrating to see it go west during latter stages of the week and then east/south now. Still plenty of ice as a base for it to settle on but if nothing starts today I fear that's it for us in this spell. Can't see much chance that the light showers will make it far west enough (even tho' we're SE London!)

Oh well, Feb '09 will always be the memory.

Posted

How is Canterbury this morning? Got my street collection for the charity there today and it looks like there are currently streamers piling over the top of it

Posted

light snow but its drifting and blocking the roads already, deal-sandwich deal-dover roads are covered, the police are stopping people using them

Really? :cold: Theres literally nothing happening down here in the valley... no new snow or anything.

Posted

Winds are really favourable for Costal areas of Suffolk, Essex and Kent atm. Very heavy showers piling in here over the last few hours.

Posted

Light snow here just started

Posted

morning all im east side of ipswich its a no go area over night 7 inches over night and its still snowing plus we got the main event coming

Posted

Really? :cold: Theres literally nothing happening down here in the valley... no new snow or anything.

its very very fine but i live among open fields try www.raintoday.co.uk you can see the snow develop off margate come over this way