Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Good luck to all who had a huge amount us in Charlton just got a preverbial dusting ... MetO 's graph on the snow later today and tomorrow looks suspect and hard to follow ( Invent)

Posted

Morning all.

Lite dusting here last night but only about 2-3cm

i am probably going to make myself unpopular for saying this but the warm front/system coming up from Europe and over Holland has all ready starting to decay, if you look at the latest radar loop for Northern Europe you can see the level of decay http://www.meteox.co...t=loop24uur&URL and if you focus in on Holland and watch the last few hours you can see the decay happening. dont think that we are going to quite get the apocalypse that some are hoping for.

ah! But the front becomes stationary over us for at least 12 hours tomorrow morning:

midnight: http://212.100.247.145/fax/PPVE89.png

12pm: http://212.100.247.145/fax/PPVG89.png

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Morning all.

This looks interesting for later this afternoon:

post-4523-12630296225242_thumb.gif

I can't seem to load up the latest NAE. Does anyone know what it is showing? Cheers

Posted

We had a dusting overnight, plus a couple of light flurries a while ago. Clear blue sky now, looking forward to later on this pm for further snow! :wacko:

Here in Brighton we have def had more than a dusting all the footsteps have gone and the roads are white again,and it is still snowing heavy and the flakes are the size of a 20pacute.gif

I think it was about another inch. Was really hammering down here about 4am apparently.

Posted

We are having a lot of 'blue sky' snow. What is that all about? It is not as if a cloud has just passed or one is coming. It seems to form above and fall. What process is involved there? I have seen it before.

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted

I think it was about another inch. Was really hammering down here about 4am apparently.

Yes I think we have had another inch or so here in burgess hill!

Posted

ppn is really building up off the North Sea and it's snowing here again.

Posted

From what I've seen from other weather sites there's an indication that middle of next week all this lovely white stuff will start to melt and temp's to get warmer .... would've like to have seen this go into March with a bit more snow !!

Posted

We are having a lot of 'blue sky' snow. What is that all about? It is not as if a cloud has just passed or one is coming. It seems to form above and fall. What process is involved there? I have seen it before.

I guess the clouds have dissipated by the time the snow has come to ground.

http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/80/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

From what I've seen from other weather sites there's an indication that middle of next week all this lovely white stuff will start to melt and temp's to get warmer .... would've like to have seen this go into March with a bit more snow !!

GFS has shown this yes...but GP says it may not be the case, indeed next week could see increasing snow risk. See "In Depth" Model thread.

I think it's either tiny low clouds breaking ahead of the main shower bands or the snow is being carried on the wind from distant clouds.

Posted

Heres a good bit of info on that. http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/80/

Posted

There does appear to be odd heavy shower around this morning, but mainly light flurries. Looking forward now to later today and into tomorrow, hoping to see whiteout conditions at some point, although this may be wishful thinking!?

Posted

ah! But the front becomes stationary over us for at least 12 hours tomorrow morning:

midnight: http://212.100.247.145/fax/PPVE89.png

12pm: http://212.100.247.145/fax/PPVG89.png

Havent trusted the MetO Fax charts for about a 2 weeks now as they have not handled this spell of weather particularly well and have not been as accurate as normal, think its a case of wait and see, but i do get a sense that some one in the MetO is ramping.

Posted

I thought that this morning. Think it must just be the wind picking up and blowing it off the trees. Glorious morning in Ealing.

Edit: It is now snowing!!?!cc_confused.gif

Posted

Bah humbug. Snow to the west of me (central London), snow to the east of me. Snow all around except on me.

I think I need to stop reading this thread, doing my head in.

Posted

We had a cm or so in Biggin Hill and it has been snowing on and off for the last hour. Min Temp -4.4c currently -3.3c dew point -4.2c .Heavy swirling snow at the moment just lovely to look at -adding to the 7ins still laying from Tuesday/Wed. but doesn't look to be setting in. My weather station shows sunshine which is odd.

Mr Deacon did say 15cm today over the Downs and heavier snow to the South of London later today. :shok:

Posted

06z NAE indicating Essex has an increased risk at tonight's event, I would expect the MetO to extend early warning into Essex and perhaps Gtr London/Surrey as well.

:shok: Thanks for letting us know that!

Posted

We had a cm or so in Biggin Hill and it has been snowing on and off for the last hour. Min Temp -4.4c currently -3.3c dew point -4.2c .Heavy swirling snow at the moment just lovely to look at -adding to the 7ins still laying from Tuesday/Wed. but doesn't look to be setting in. My weather station shows sunshine which is odd.

Mr Deacon did say 15cm today over the Downs and heavier snow to the South of London later today. :shok:

Anyone brave soul fancy doing me a London postal area forecast:

Central London (EC/WC)

West London (W)

North London (N)

North West London (NW)

East London (E)

South West London (SW)

South East London (SE)