Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Hi Steve. Yeah showers have been very heavy last 45 mins. Well over an inch fallen so far.

Posted

01:35Z radar is rather exciting I must say, a impressive blob over Maldon with 64 mm/hr core and another forming below Clacton.

'Take Action' (thats the RED one) warning being considered for Kent during routine updates tomorrow morning :D

I Have net weather radar & in the space of 20 mins its all kicked off-

lots of blobs appearing now- but even more startling is the fact that from 00:25 to 00:40 the gaps beteen the showers is filling with the light blue shading for light snow.....

CMON!!!!!!!!!! :D

S

Posted

fairly heavy snow here now (finally)

some interesting things happening off the suffolk/essex coasts right now!

01:35Z radar is rather exciting I must say, a impressive blob over Maldon with 64 mm/hr core and another forming below Clacton.

'Take Action' (thats the RED one) warning being considered for Kent during routine updates tomorrow morning :D

Can you guys create a special 'purple no go zone for NW kent???.....

Steve :D

Posted

w00t, here's hoping for sure!

Posted

think we got a good part of this shower.

this is what i like... so cold out there the wind blowing about and the dry powder snow is piling up on the window sill. not happened for more than a decade here...

this is a historic moment, I feel like a page has turned...

Posted

Any such warnings poss for se essex OT? Ps, whats the accumulated depth down here using the dutch model? Cheers.

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Ahhh, somehow both these 'blobs' have managed to pretty much miss me completely with them drifting too far South, while their northern 'arm' that would be over me decays too quickly for anything of note. I'm pretty sure its due to the winds having just too much of a northerly element in them throughout the day, but that's all part of the game I suppose, hopefully tomorrow will bring something more interesting as winds become more favourable.

Just experienced a spell of what i can only describe as heavy snizzle, although the intensity was moderate the flakes were tiny, like little sparkles floating down.

Interestingly water is dripping quite quickly from the guttering just out my window even though its currently -4! Its helping to form pretty widespread and relatively large icecles and as the water hits the ground it freezes with a thick bumpy layer, almost like the biggings of stalagmites. Can't think whats causing this at such a low temperature? Maybe the effect of our central heating on the snow on the roof?

Posted

Any such warnings poss for se essex OT? Ps, whats the accumulated depth down here using the dutch model? Cheers.

Dunno why but Essex always seems to escape the real warnings when the Southend area is so close to Kent!

Generally all of Essex is 3-7CM with Western parts a lot higher (up to 17CM). I hope that doesn't mean sleet in the East and South of Essex lol

I cannot believe how the radar has suddenly come alive in the last half hour, could be a huge band from Mid Suffolk down to Kent forming!!!

Edited by Ocean Transit

Posted

I Have net weather radar & in the space of 20 mins its all kicked off-

lots of blobs appearing now- but even more startling is the fact that from 00:25 to 00:40 the gaps beteen the showers is filling with the light blue shading for light snow.....

CMON!!!!!!!!!! :D

S

About eleven ish the wind slightly changed,showers all evening running to my east,now the track is a bit more favorable :D:)

Posted

Dunno why but Essex always seems to escape the real warnings when the Southend area is so close to Kent!

Generally all of Essex is 3-7CM with Western parts a lot higher (up to 17CM). I hope that doesn't mean sleet in the East and South of Essex lol

I cannot believe how the radar has suddenly come alive in the last half hour, could be a huge band from Mid Suffolk down to Kent forming!!!

Lol. Always the case here. Oh well I guess sleet could be an issue, been worrying about that for last 48 hrs.

Posted

I don't have the NW Radar, so my tracking is a little delayed. I take it the PPN has developed quickly to my East. I am looking in a favorable position for it with the winds slightly more Easterly? So far this evening I really haven't got anything, with everything passing to my South - rather frustrating!

Also, how come nobodies on the chat!? :D

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted

Between Norwich and Ipswich, this stuff is forming over land as there is nothing (much) over the North Sea on radar loop, then BAM, wintery precip.

Between Norwich and Ipswich, this stuff is forming over land as there is nothing (much) over the North Sea on radar loop, then BAM, wintery precip.

yep- its all being driven out of the Estuary-

HEAVY SNOW HERE-

S :D

Edited by Steve Murr

Great Steve......

Is this a streamer setting up?

There are good streams of showers all across ESSEX- but they are developing as opposed to falling apart...

very heavy snow here now- :D

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

yep- its all being driven out of the Estuary-

HEAVY SNOW HERE-

Ditto, covered everything in a matter of like two minutes, even the gritted main road. Eased off now, hopefully the first of many ay?

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted

Ditto, covered everything in a matter on like two minutes, even the gritted main road. Eased off now, hopefully the first of many ay?

bet you are all happy you stayed up now

im still hoping for a sharp heavy fall here in eltham... am i to expect any? i know b.heath has got heavy snow now and im not to far away