3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion Part 2

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here's 2 pics one looking SE and the other NE

post-4676-12630358470342_thumb.jpg

post-4676-12630358616342_thumb.jpg

The first one is looking SE at the snow band which is hopefully coming this way smile.gif

Are you located somewhere near Constable Avenue?

From walking this morning, it appears our depth of snow is less than it was yesterday evening, even though we've had something of an overnight top up and no thaw. Obviously rate of compaction was higher than the rate of top up.unsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Us poor souls in St. Ives are currently being passed by again, hopefully later on will change things :).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Are you located somewhere near Constable Avenue?

From walking this morning, it appears our depth of snow is less than it was yesterday evening, even though we've had something of an overnight top up and no thaw. Obviously rate of compaction was higher than the rate of top up.unsure.gif

Yes i am,you obviously know Clacton well :)

Posted

Hi Im west Ipswich too - north west ...and yes we have about 4 inches as well.....Kesgrave, east Ipswich and Felixstowe had in excess of 8 inches...It was down to an area of ppn that moved down the other night...we only caught the edge this side of town, but they were in the very heavy snow the whole time. Damn them! ha

Anyway, my first fear proves wrong..the band is still moving in, and still intensifying on its northern edge so the snow should be falling again soon

Just saw latest BBC, they very keen on 10 to 15cm of snow tonight across EA and SE...moving into Kent and heading north apparently?! Interesting times ahead tonight

Yeah, so many of the showers have skirted round Ipswich, for the last few days I think for every shower we've had this side of town that the far East and areas you have mentioned have had 3. I guess we could exact revenge tomorrow if the coastal areas become marginal - we may hang on to the colder temps.

What do you reckon we'll get tonight? My guess would be between 5 and 10cm if we are lucky :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

My parents are reporting 25cm (!!) from Cleadon near the Tyne & Wear coast at the moment. Last night the showers largely missed Norwich (most either clipping north Norfolk northwards or south Suffolk southwards) but there were still a few, taking snow depths here to about 12cm. However, with a bit of luck, hopefully this stuff tonight will be snowy and not sleety.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Yeah, so many of the showers have skirted round Ipswich, for the last few days I think for every shower we've had this side of town that the far East and areas you have mentioned have had 3. I guess we could exact revenge tomorrow if the coastal areas become marginal - we may hang on to the colder temps.

What do you reckon we'll get tonight? My guess would be between 5 and 10cm if we are lucky :clap:

Yes indeed, that's why they have a bit more. But Felixstowe is usually snowless when we get it, so I won't moan too much.lol

I would go for about 5cm tonight, but as you said anything upto 10cm in these parts if we are lucky. The big 15/20cm totals will be for the SE and high ground imo...

And Masked firefly, it will just about catch us in Ipswich if my radar detection skills are good...blue skie to white sky full of snow here in the last hour or so....

The band has been intensifying on its northern edge continuously as it moves in, which is good news for us :clap:

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Check out how the showers are building in the SE!!!

http://www.meteogrou...ed_kingdom.html

Would be nice if they keep building as they move NW!

They are starting to move a little more W than NW already....hence the fear they will only just catch Ipswich. Fingers crossed for you though!

Posted

anyone noticed how the area in front of the lager cloud bank heading NW is clearing ,nice blue sky before it hits us ,i hope

i dont know if anyone needs to know this but im cleaning of my shed roofs before it starts again ,if we are in for a few cm i dont want them falling down withthe weight ,just a thought :clap:

Edited by simon65

Posted

Yes i am,you obviously know Clacton well smile.gif

Dad lives in Orwell Way and a good mate lives in Ripley Close.

Posted

Actually, the 11.45 radar shows another northerly shift of this ppn so it is still heading the right away...infact I'm more than confident this will hit Ipswich now.

Plus, first few flakes of snow blowing around in the wind already !

EDIT: Even I'm surprised at the intensification on the northern extent in the last 15 mins or so..at one point it looked like it would only just skim Ipswich, now it stretches to about 50 miles north of us! LOL

Edited by i luv snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow or Sun

What can we expect in herts Essex Borders ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

hi anyone know what kinda chances luton have got out of this lot??? thanks in advance....

Posted

If you look at this radar then the two blobs (1 off the Norfolk Coast and 1 off the Suffolk/Essex coast) may join together - that would guarantee a shower for Ipswich!

http://www.meteox.co.uk/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=267&y=202

Posted
Us poor souls in St. Ives are currently being passed by again, hopefully later on will change things

Must say I have all but given up now, just seems that it isn't our year in this tiny part of the world

Posted

If you look at this radar then the two blobs (1 off the Norfolk Coast and 1 off the Suffolk/Essex coast) may join together - that would guarantee a shower for Ipswich!

http://www.meteox.co.uk/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=6&type=zoom&x=267&y=202

If that's the case we should get some right after you then :unsure:

Posted

http://www.meteox.co...oom&x=267&y=202

if you use http://www.raintoday.co.uk look at the 11.45 radar :) shows the ppn much more extensive than the meteox radar there on its northern half

However, you are right, it does look like both areas of ppn will merge - would be more than good news!

Edited by i luv snow

Posted

Actually, the 11.45 radar shows another northerly shift of this ppn so it is still heading the right away...infact I'm more than confident this will hit Ipswich now.

Plus, first few flakes of snow blowing around in the wind already !

EDIT: Even I'm surprised at the intensification on the northern extent in the last 15 mins or so..at one point it looked like it would only just skim Ipswich, now it stretches to about 50 miles north of us! LOL

To be honest, I thought that was what might happen. It seems to be a developing trough.