Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3 Counties & E Anglia Cold Spell Discussion Part 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

hi anyone know what kinda chances luton have got out of this lot??? thanks in advance....

Hopefully a reasonable chance later today, or this evening.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Dad lives in Orwell Way and a good mate lives in Ripley Close.

Your dad's very close to me,just round in the next road infact and the picture i took looking SE was looking in the direction of Orwell Way.

Going out now to have a ride round and take some pic's :)

Edited by Button Up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Must say I have all but given up now, just seems that it isn't our year in this tiny part of the world

Afternoon, it does seem to give that impression doesn't it...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Looking to the sky, it's a bit perplexing. looks like we have a front approaching from the South East... :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

I've got both raintoday and the meteox one going, raintoday one looks the more promising of the two. I've got to go into town at 3pm so it might be quite a fun trip.

I was meant to go into town too, however I'm putting it off until next week. However I am meant to be out tonight - if this snow comes, that may be postponed too. Then again, alcohol numbs the cold and makes snow all that more fun :) We'll see. The raintoday radar has been spot on all week, I'm going with your bet these two areas of ppn will merge anyway! Fingers crossed anyways!

Posted

Your dad's very close to me,just round in the next road infact and the picture i took looking SE was looking in the direction of Orwell Way.

Going out now to have a ride round and take some pic's cold.gif

I did kind of wonder - was even thinking about the directions of your SE photograph.laugh.gif

Didn't have the confidence to come right out with it at the start though.biggrin.gif

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

will this blob hit norwich tho

Posted

Well im off to Cambridge later, not going to let a 'chance' of snow stop me, unless anyone can convince me we are getting 8 inches like Sky news said this morning...

Posted

Current data for Linslade

09 January 2010 12:11:32

Temperature (°C):

Current -0.7

Trend (per hour) +0.3

Average today -2.7

Wind chill -4.1

Humidex -3.8

Dew Point -4.2

Rel Humidity 77%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 16.8 N

Average Speed 6.0 N

Pressure (mb):

Current 1025.0

Trend (per hour) -0.1

Posted

I've been predicting for a week now that the main ppn will fall to the south of norfolk/suffolk, looks like this will be the case now, as it always is. Its so strange how ppn ALWAYS avoids EA, it either goes north or south or both, every cold spell, every year. Hate to be pessamistic, but im just being realistic.

Posted

Dont be silly, we have the Norwich snow sheild which only lets in about an inch :lol:

Posted

The area of ppn moving into Suffolk now is probably a bit too far south (although you never know) but there is a blob in the N.Sea heading your way, so don't fret!

Snow should start very soon in Ipswich if radar is to be believed..

Posted

I've been predicting for a week now that the main ppn will fall to the south of norfolk/suffolk, looks like this will be the case now, as it always is. Its so strange how ppn ALWAYS avoids EA, it either goes north or south or both, every cold spell, every year. Hate to be pessamistic, but im just being realistic.

Firstly, not EVERY year...I have seen some impressive falls over the year. However this year havent seen the massive depths some other parts of the country has...but lots of winter left. And today certainly looks promising.

This first band of snow will be to the south of Suffolk and Essex HOWEVER in the North Sea there is a massive area of ppn heading Norfolk's way...so this looks good for you later today

Posted

Will probably squat on this board, even though I'm a few miles south of Suffolk border.

To be honest I think the weather of Norfolk and Suffolk is more akin to the weather here, rather than in Kent and south of the river.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Dont be silly, we have the Norwich snow sheild which only lets in about an inch :lol:

There's a lot more than that at the UEA campus- more like 4 or 5 inches here. Still, since Cleadon in Tyne and Wear has 10 inches, it would be good to make up the other 5-6 inches here tonight and tomorrow.

The band will reach Norwich, but it will take its time- probably not hitting until this evening.

Posted

I would always count North Essex as part of EA anyway! Can't believe they divided us :lol:

Oh and I know everyones patience get's tested at times like this, because this a slow-moving system and is taking it's time to move in. But over all, remember this is a good thing - if this was a quick moving system, it would skip by dropping a few cm - because it is slow moving, then there will be bigger depths because of it.

Plus all this stuff today is in addition to the snow tonight/tomorrow...so all in all it's very encouraging for EA.

Posted

I'm not expecting a lot tomorrow but thats for the best as I wouldn't mind being suprised! I hope we get something good but time will tell.

I notice that clouds are moving in now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Dont be silly, we have the Norwich snow sheild which only lets in about an inch dry.gif

yeah totally agree... we stick right out you think we be always hit hard but never do..always futher to the north,west or south... i'll moan more if we get sweet fa tonight lol!!!!!

Posted

I would always count North Essex as part of EA anyway! Can't believe they divided us ohmy.gif

Oh and I know everyones patience get's tested at times like this, because this a slow-moving system and is taking it's time to move in. But over all, remember this is a good thing - if this was a quick moving system, it would skip by dropping a few cm - because it is slow moving, then there will be bigger depths because of it.

Plus all this stuff today is in addition to the snow tonight/tomorrow...so all in all it's very encouraging for EA.

Cheers.

It definitely looks like there's loads building up in the Channel / North Sea. The next couple of hours will be interesting.

Although cloudy here, still no sign.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SnOw and SuMmEr!!! :D

Hopefully a reasonable chance later today, or this evening.

[/quote

i hope so lol thanks for reply