Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

It's times like this when you would just hate to be a weather forecastor, Just goes to show how difficult and complicated it is and when it all goes horribly wrong they have to sit there and watch the flack come in,not the job for me no way!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

My heoght seems to be my saving grace when it comes to my temperature here which is still -1c I have light snow but looks like it is clearing here soon. nonono.gif

Posted

Well, I woke up to a dusting of snow. Still bits floating around in the wind.

Seems the NAE 00z is currently up the creek on weatheronline. It will be interesting to see their take on the next 24 hours, I can't see too much hope ahead this morning on the radar for me. Devon and Cornwall look set to have an interesting morning though.

Posted

Well, I woke up to a dusting of snow. Still bits floating around in the wind.

Seems the NAE 00z is currently up the creek on weatheronline. It will be interesting to see their take on the next 24 hours, I can't see too much hope ahead this morning on the radar for me. Devon and Cornwall look set to have an interesting morning though.

Same here just East of you S4,GFS paints a very depressing picture from now on,looks as though the warm air will win ahead of time.

Big difference from last night.

Posted

Still light snow in the Air even though the ppn looks very poor on radar.

-1c dry.gif

Posted

This is actually funny!

Look at the radar on rain today.

You would think that it would be snowing in Plymouth wouldnt you, and maybe for some time??

I would say in the last 10mins i have counted 11 flakes - and the best bit - the temps is rising fast and is currenly 1.1oC.

Its gone beyond a joke now. Im pretty fed up with this now. I genuinely cant wait for Tuesday when it will be 7oC and i will know what the weather is going to be - wet/damp misty and crap.

There have been 3 snowfalls of between 12 and 18inches in Plymouth over the last 60 years. I will never ever understand how that ever happend.

Posted

Judging by rain today radar, snow has missed me in Gloucester and built up further towards wales unknw.gif

yep, we've got moderate snow at the mo - the warnings from the meto are for later on - after 6pm tonight

I think the mountains are aiding our precip

Edited by andymusic

Posted

This is actually funny!

You would think that it would be snowing in Plymouth wouldnt you, and maybe for some time??

I would say in the last 10mins i have counted 11 flakes - and the best bit - the temps is rising fast and is currenly 1.1oC.

Its gone beyond a joke now. Im pretty fed up with this now. I genuinely cant wait for Tuesday when it will be 7oC and i will know what the weather is going to be - wet/damp misty and crap.

There have been 3 snowfalls of between 12 and 18inches in Plymouth over the last 60 years. I will never ever understand how that ever happend.

Agreed,what does annoy me a little is that the BBC forecast this morning does not give any comments or explanations as to where all the snow has gone unlike last night,at least most of us on here have a slight/deep understanding of how all this comes about but for Joe public it yet again strikes a nail in the weather forecasting coffin.wallbash.gif

Posted

Well a very bizarre situation this morning and a tricky one to call (as is the nature with upper fronts)

Snow just started again here, and there looks to be some formation in a NE-SW line right over head

Could be we see similar such developments as the mornings wares on

Looks a though folks in devon have seen some decent falls

SK

Posted

Wow almost a white-out now. Very heavy snow: big flakes. Been snowing for hours.

North Devon: snow capital of Britain biggrin.gif

How? Plymouth ppn on the radar is just as heavy, but i am getting 3-4 flakes a minute?!

Oh i really do despare.

I bet you that when i go to Verbier in 8weeks, there will be weather headlines of ''Record temperatures in Alps melts all the snow in Switzerland'

Posted

How? Plymouth ppn on the radar is just as heavy, but i am getting 3-4 flakes a minute?!

Oh i really do despare.

I bet you that when i go to Verbier in 8weeks, there will be weather headlines of ''Record temperatures in Alps melts all the snow in Switzerland'

forget the alps - you wanna come to Pontypridd and the Graig hill - best snow in Europe - great night life too!!!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

A balmy -0.2C this morning with grey skies and no sign of snow yet. I wasn't expecting much from this but it'll be a bit of a flop if nothing happens at all!!!

Posted

i have a feeling rain today is faulty just a tad. just werid how its all happening??? snowing here look on rain today shows nothing??? not gd

Posted

Well a very bizarre situation this morning and a tricky one to call (as is the nature with upper fronts)

Snow just started again here, and there looks to be some formation in a NE-SW line right over head

Could be we see similar such developments as the mornings wares on

Looks a though folks in devon have seen some decent falls

SK

SK any thought's on Tuesday event,

your opinion's as they stand this morning :unknw:

cheers

Posted

The weather will do what it will do and we should all know by now how 'unpredicable' it can be.

Yes a downgrade on the weekend snow (though I thought most was coming this evening and overnight...).

Its not the mid of Jan and most of us have seen lying snow for 5 days or more and certainly more to come. When and where ? Well isn't that the fun part of it !

Yes the meto do get it wrong occasionally and those in the southeast will be whinging more than some .. heck they have enuf snow there anyway !

Will there be a battle royal as we get invaded from the south west mid week ? Or will the high hold ? Answers on a postcard to......

Great drama !

Cheers !

John in Quedgeley, Gloucester

Posted

i have a feeling rain today is faulty just a tad. just werid how its all happening??? snowing here look on rain today shows nothing??? not gd

I don't think it's a particularly precise piece of kit either - last week with the heavy snows it's foecast was for "light snow showers" and it was belting down - the previous week it had sleet/rain over us and we were getting snow - so no it's not spot on precise!

Posted

Ian did state last night that the radar will not always be accurate and that snow could fall anywhere due to natural forcings that radar doesn't pick up. Does seem a little lighter than light at times though dry.gif

Posted

This is actually funny!

snowing in tavistock, has been for the last hour, given a light dusting but getting heavier