Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Cadover bridge, appraoching from Plympton for me then...

A guy from up here came that way the other day and slid off the road and crashed through a fence! Don't know what the roads are like through there now.

Take care fella.

Jase

Posted

It moderately to heavily sleeted in East Dorset last night about 1.30am-2am when walking home from the pub! Just the odd little flake falling here now. Another non event!! <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Snowing well here,

Just listened to BBC radio Gloucestershire, they are giving a slow thaw for the end of the week with average temps btu a bit of snow between now and then.

Posted

It's still very light snow here but a thaw has set in, Hopefully get some stone work done next week yahoo.gif

Edited by BARRY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Not even going to get a cm in a day from this the way it is going!

Cannot believe i have missed the one snow event the west country have had and it now looks like rain by tuesday/wed. wallbash.giflazy.gifcray.gif

Need a model upgrade otherwise i'll be gutted!

1c does not mean its a thaw! 5/6c is a thaw. good.gif

Posted

Be lucky to get a milimetre let alone a cm

Still least i aint getting a thaw like some others :(

Edited by yipikiaye

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

wind picking up now.snow falling again albeit light.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

morning, seem to be getting a bit of a thaw going here, the roads are clearing and the paths and some of the snow has started to slipp off the roof of my shed.

temps sre 1.2c and risingdry.gif

fromeyhuh.gif

Posted

No thaw here just yet. 0.1c which is barmy really. Don't see much snow from today and tue now looks like an m4 corridor sort of event again! I hate the m4. mad.gif

Posted

hi ya no proper thaw here temps at +1 just very light dandruff not settling as far to light. All the ppn looks like it has moved over towards Ireland. Dosent look like there is anymore on the way. They have changed it to rain now tomorrow .. Gawed i give up with the forcast's im not going to watch anymore just look out the window best bet.

Just a word about the radars they can fool us to think there is more/less ppn due to lying snow being reflected off.

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

No thaw here just yet. 0.1c which is barmy really. Don't see much snow from today and tue now looks like an m4 corridor sort of event again! I hate the m4. mad.gif

i take it from that then its all over by tuesday then, unless the models do a massive upgrade which is not imposible but unlikley.

fromeyclosedeyes.gif

Posted

Light snow all morning in Downend.

Just had a sparrowhawk in my back garden. First time ever, and I've been here for 24 years!

Burst water main up the road was repaired in the wee small hours.

I'm not going to get my hopes up about snow. Well, I'll try not to. :clap:

Is that North or South of the M4? I'm less than a mile to the South of it, as the crow flies.

Welcome back, BTW. We did spare a few thoughts for you in your absence. :p

Posted

THE EARLY WARNING HAS BEEN CANCELLED. DISRUPTIVE SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE NOW LESS LIKELY.

There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of Wales, Northeast and Southeast England. Outbreaks of snow may give accumulations of 1 to 2cm at low levels, but snow may become heavy and persistent at times over higher ground with 3 to 8cm on east-facing slopes and up to 15cm over the highest peaks of the Pennines and Welsh Mountains.

Strong winds may cause drifting of snow in places.

Issued at: 1125 Sun 10 Jan

cray.gifcray.gifcray.gif

Posted

Just had a sparrowhawk in my back garden. First time ever, and I've been here for 24 years!

I'm not going to get my hopes up about snow. Well, I'll try not to. whistling.gif

No point in getting hopes up but next week looks more intresting here .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Lot of moaning around the theads this morning! My thinking is, taking into account my lack of knowledge, is that we are entering a week of possibilities of further snow, perhaps freezing rain, and temperatures struggling to get a few degrees above zero ( talking about glos area, sorry). This represents a much more interesting week than many of the winters in the last 20 years!! It's also a bit like before Christmas - marginal. Again full of possibility and disappointments, but where does it go from there? Exciting times ahead still - it could be mild and wet with very occassional frosts don't forget, like all the other rubbish winters. even larger teapot - so passe. I much prefer the Retro ones.

Posted

I'm not going to get my hopes up about snow. Well, I'll try not to. whistling.gif

Is that North or South of the M4? I'm less than a mile to the South of it, as the crow flies.

Welcome back, BTW. We did spare a few thoughts for you in your absence. whistling.gif

It looks like north of M4 so even a couple of yards to the south and you have no chance. crazy.gif

Posted

im not complaining its been a great winter here som far and is snowing lightly for a few hours now which is what was forecast so :p. I meen this cold weather will end soon.

Posted

The only issue i have of perhaps milder weather by wednesday next week is.Taking into account winter is decemeber jan feb march.Always seems that whenever we get mild weather it goes on for weeks and week.If that was the case we wont see no more cold weather this season.Mind u i still have hope of it getting cold again once this spell is over mid week next week by the tv forecasts

im not complaining its been a great winter here som far and is snowing lightly for a few hours now which is what was forecast so :p. I meen this cold weather will end soon.

I agree but if after this cold spell if it dont get cold anymore this winter.Shall be a bit dissapointed to say the least.No doubt it will get cold again might even be worse than this one.Who knows just like every winter wish i could tell either way.I love the winter and the snow always frustrating when the warmer weather pushes in and your left wondering if the cold will return or not.Still im remaining upbeat no doubt work colleagues will rub it in next week about it getting warmer.They always do and it really ****** me off

Edited by yipikiaye

Posted

My patchy looking grass with giant drifts of up to 1 and a half cm in windward facing corners shouldn't present me with too much of a problem when the great thaw commences at least! :D