Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

mg.heavy snowwwwwwwww

heavy,,,flakes here

perfect example - raintoday shows nothing over cheltenham and yet they got heavy flakes - which should be coming our way - great!

Posted

This is actually funny!

Look at the radar on rain today.

You would think that it would be snowing in Plymouth wouldnt you, and maybe for some time??

I would say in the last 10mins i have counted 11 flakes - and the best bit - the temps is rising fast and is currenly 1.1oC.

Its gone beyond a joke now. Im pretty fed up with this now. I genuinely cant wait for Tuesday when it will be 7oC and i will know what the weather is going to be - wet/damp misty and crap.

There have been 3 snowfalls of between 12 and 18inches in Plymouth over the last 60 years. I will never ever understand how that ever happend.

I know what you mean. Some very light snow here that seems to be developing as soon as its gone past me! as well as it developing to my north and south at times.

It seems that the East Devon snow deflector was only ever able to break once.. The slightest fresh dusting here now I suppose

Also I have tp be honest I can't really see where the MetO's heavy snow for Tuesday/Tuesday night is coming from since 850's are forecast to be above 0C!!

Temp rising here too now 0.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Agreed,what does annoy me a little is that the BBC forecast this morning does not give any comments or explanations as to where all the snow has gone unlike last night,at least most of us on here have a slight/deep understanding of how all this comes about but for Joe public it yet again strikes a nail in the weather forecasting coffin.wallbash.gif

It has certainly warmed up in this direction! The promised beastly East wind is just a kitten!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

having heavy to moderate showers here

Does seem that people are being quick to hand in the towel this morning with radar! pardon.gif

Showers seem to be peping up to my east a little bit.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Does seem that people are being quick to hand in the towel this morning with radar! pardon.gif

net weather is more accurate than rain today...On my zoom I can see the snow.

getting heavy again here

Posted

I can confrim - another flake has fallen, we are up to 26.

The only way parts of Plymouth will get a dusting today is if i go outside and empty my Vacum cleaner.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

OK light snow here. But negligible. I'm thinking the forecast I gave to friends of "it will snow but don't expect much accumulation (3-6cm max) and mainly light" is going to be right... I had two texting my last night to ask :whistling:

Must be fun down in Devon and Cornwall now, looks like there are some heavier bursts on the radar.

I've just looked at the NMM on Meteociel and it shows light ppt. forming "out of nowhere", so we could be seeing that happen. I think it's an upper warm front moving over which will spark its formation.

Posted

Just seen the weather on bbc can't stop laughing as how different it was showing today only 11rs after they forecast quite different weather and temperatures particularly for the south.

Now for N. Wiltshire and Swindon it was completely wrong at short notice for the 3rd time in 5 days.

Last night strong winds picking up - No barely a breadth of wind.

Widespead -3 to-4 - No gone above freezing.

Light snow 2 - 5 cms - No not an extra flake on the ground

(Thursday night expect -9 NO more like -4)

(Tuesday night expect 20/30/40cm N0 < 10cm)

Ian did state last night that the radar will not always be accurate and that snow could fall anywhere due to natural forcings that radar doesn't pick up. Does seem a little lighter than light at times though dry.gif

and warmer and no wind

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

it's just started snowing here in Wellington.Last time I looked out of the window it was quite heavy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Morning all,

Snowing quite moderately here for at least the last hour (when I woke up) and a good 2 inches settled already, awesome powder snow!

So all good so far!

Edit: temp - 3.1C

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

yes lets hope they keep on pepping :whistling: yes i think the very light snow might not be being pick up on radar as ian said .

Posted

Light to moderate snow here now for the last 15 mines - developments are occurring now on the radar, keep an eye on it (west of high ground looks good at the moment)

Dogs 0z FAX still looking pretty good with the fronts occluding - means the POTENTIAL for a big snowfall even is there, although as it comes up against the cold air the intensity should drop somewhat

The only issue is the draw of air behind the LP is a little too atlantic based for my liking - we could do with things being about 100 miles south of where they are

SK

Posted

great heavy-moderate snow here,the thing is its changing all the time,

One minute heavy then light then moderate :whistling:

edit..

thx SK

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Snowing here, light to moderate, reasonable size flakes

Posted

Just out of the interest of science, could someone do a radar check on PL4 7QS if possible and let me see it? All radar's are saying it should be snowing, but it isnt at all, and has really for the last hour?

It will be quite funny to see a little gap all around me!

Paul

Posted

Morning all,

Snowing quite moderately here for at least the last hour (when I woke up) and a good 2 inches settled already, awesome powder snow!

So all good so far!

Edit: temp - 3.1C

That could make a real mess when it starts to melt quickly this week then.

Posted

what is goin on here! im not happy why is it devolping to the west i dont get this man. y is nothing east where the wind actually is comin from. don't make sense