Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The only issue i have of perhaps milder weather by wednesday next week is.Taking into account winter is decemeber jan feb march.Always seems that whenever we get mild weather it goes on for weeks and week.If that was the case we wont see no more cold weather this season.Mind u i still have hope of it getting cold again once this spell is over mid week next week by the tv forecasts

I agree but if after this cold spell it dont get cold anymore this winter.Shall be a bit dissapointed to say the least.No doubt it will get cold again might even be worse than this one.Who knows just like every winter wish i could tell either way.I love the winter and the snow always frustrating when the warmer weather pushes in and your left wondering if the cold will return or not.Still im remaining upbeat no doubt work colleagues will rub it in next week about it getting warmer.They always do and it really ****** me off

I know i was away when it snowed but looking outside at 8 inches of snow is abit pathetic compared to last years febuary blizzard proper.

Cold yes its been cold but not snowy yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Humm, morning all.

I must admit i wasnt expecting a thaw and rain.

Wtf is going on?

Its 3c outside, Everytings wet and melting and its raining.

Looks like its all over for round here then.

Edited by Lynxus

Posted

I still got about 3-4 inches from tuesday night into wednesday.I dont see any melt and hope that stays the case.Shall still need to walk out of the village tomorrow before getting on me bike on main road.

Posted

Humm, morning all.

I must admit i wasnt expecting a thaw and rain.

Wtf is going on?

Its 3c outside, Everytings wet and melting and its raining.

Looks like its all over for round here then.

no rain here:)

Posted

I personally do not think this is over yet. I have nothing on which to base this on other than gut feelings and my fir cones! lol

I actually want this all to go away now, I need to get back to work, I want my life back and I am planning on a little shopping trip to Bristol next Saturday. Nothing must get in the way of me and a cocktail in Harvey Nicks :(

Sorry, I think it is probably time for me to leave the snow lovers thread. whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Yes I'm looking for a proper thaw now, unless there is a really decent snowfall on the cards.

Posted

its raining.

That is awful. :whistling:

I'm feeling a bit miserable now because I know it all has to end at some point fairly soon. :whistling:

This is despite the fact that we've still got a darned good covering here and it's still only the main roads that are clear.

Oh dear, I'm getting more miserable by the minute. :cray:

Is there really any hope of any more decent snow, does anyone know? The model thread seems a bit gloomy and despondent. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Very disappointing temps up to 1.9C and the light snow has served only to cause some thawing - glads it stopped or would have done serious damage, i think the 2 - 5cm warning was for how much the snow would melt :whistling:

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

I'm feeling colder now than first thing this morning ,but I think there is a slow thaw taking place.

I think that I'll be making my excuses soon too ,dancing daisy.:whistling:

Edited by littlemissy

Posted

Im gunna remain upbeat and still think it ll snow some more yet.The longer this snow/ice remains the better :whistling:

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/sw/sw_forecast_warnings.html

These are the advisories from yesterday, re heavy snow for the SW on Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

They are usually updated between 12.30 and 1 o'clock. It will be interesting (disappointing, probably :D ) to see what the updated warning situation is.

I have a box of tissues at the ready. :lol:

Posted

Has stopped snowing in Shepton, well, not that you could actually really call it snow, but doesn't look to be thawing any either.

Posted

Light snow falling, temp 1.6c. My old snow is melting :D . At least it's a long slow thaw, but

does not look that good for next week either. OK the fronts get pushed back and we get a bit of snow

but the temp day and night will be 3c approx.

Dull,grey and damp week coming up.

At least all the kids can go back to school and no-one will miss their exams :lol:

Posted

I'm having a little daydream that this afternoon's models will have everyone shouting "upgrade, upgrade". But then I come back down to Earth...... :D:D:D :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

I would like to think there is more snow on the way in the next couple of days but my head says that this is the start of the thaw and that that will be all folks. The hills might get a few more events before end of feb but not for us low lying peeps, all seems to be ending with a whimper unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

We await the Steve Murr, "I feel like Del Boy at the Auction" commentary on the models again.

Legendary commentary. Funny and he was right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Woop, skiing was fun! Still snowing here albeit lightly now, no traffic been up my road!

Temps still below -2c so no thaw here and a biting wind.

Oh the joys of altitude :whistling:

Posted

Just been out as i was seeing all these posts about it thawing and can now say for sure there is no thaw and no drippin of melting snow anywhere.Im happy.Anyone know if a frost is forecast tonight

Posted

Woop, skiing was fun! Still snowing here albeit lightly now, no traffic been up my road!

Temps still below -2c so no thaw here and a biting wind.

Oh the joys of altitude :whistling:

LOL I could not agree more regarding the altitude! although you have to feel for the snow lovers lower down.

Posted

Just been out as i was seeing all these posts about it thawing and can now say for sure there is no thaw and no drippin of melting snow anywhere.Im happy.Anyone know if a frost is forecast tonight

BBC went for a frost tonight.

Jase

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting many parts of Wales and SW England.

There is potential for further outbreaks of snow developing later on Tuesday. Snow will become heavy and prolonged in places and there will be drifting in strong winds. There will also be further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Issued at: 1236 Sat 9 Jan

Will it stay or will it go!? I feel sad for the impending gloom if that is removed also! cc_confused.gif

Posted

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting many parts of Wales and SW England.

There is potential for further outbreaks of snow developing later on Tuesday. Snow will become heavy and prolonged in places and there will be drifting in strong winds. There will also be further icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Issued at: 1236 Sat 9 Jan

Will it stay or will it go!? I feel sad for the impending gloom if that is removed also! cc_confused.gif

Hope it stays :) i feel sorry for you when we had all the snow when u were away :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Humm, just turned to moderate snow here.

not like it matters much considering everything is now soaked and 50% melted.

Hope it stays :) i feel sorry for you when we had all the snow when u were away :)

maybe its mullender causing it? He went away and we get snow.

He comes back, i get rain!

:)

ehheeh jking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

can't keep up with this.Wind deffo picked up, still dropping white stuff but not settling .