Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Cant work out whats going on today how come a lot of peeps snows melting but here just outside Bath still all good temp 0.5 c

Posted

Bits of dandruff have been falling at such a rate for the last 2 hours that we might actually get a slight dusting by February!.. that's if it was settling.

'

Temp fluctuating between 1.0/1.1c and seems steady after it's been up to 1.3c. Lying snow seems to be turning slightly more wet now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Humm, just turned to moderate snow here.

not like it matters much considering everything is now soaked and 50% melted.

maybe its mullender causing it? He went away and we get snow.

He comes back, i get rain!

nonono.gif

ehheeh jking

I am getting that feeling! 2 years in a row i go on holiday where they have bucket loads forecast but when i get there they have freak dry or warm spells lasting a week while england gets a cold spell and on my return it melts. wallbash.giflazy.gif

They are late to update the warnings?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Still snowing... I make that at least 5hrs of snow fall this morning, can't comment before that as I wasn't awake, but gonna guess there was some in the night as well, as there was already a cm or so then extra.

Does the NAE update today with PPN/amounts?

Not caught any forecasts today, aside from first thing which still showed epic snow on Tuesday.

Posted

already updated?

1135 today according to the timestamp

What bit are you looking at? The only thing I can see with 11.35 today on, is the cancellation of the warning for the SE etc. Can you post a link please? Ta!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Still snowing... I make that at least 5hrs of snow fall this morning, can't comment before that as I wasn't awake, but gonna guess there was some in the night as well, as there was already a cm or so then extra.

Does the NAE update today with PPN/amounts?

Not caught any forecasts today, aside from first thing which still showed epic snow on Tuesday.

Well its 1300 and meto have not changed the warnings for tue so maybe they are confident we are going to still get plastered!

I wasnt talking about Cider either matt.... whistling.gif

Posted

The light snow we've had falling on and off for last 3 hours now stopped.

Slight thaw going on here and by that i mean the hard packed snow on our road and pavements now starting to break up - not slushy yet, but a slow thaw all the same.

Slightly less cold this week with a chance of a snow event on Tuesday - probably wet snow compared to Wednesday morning's 'almost powder' snow.

Not sure if it'll get as far as Bristol, but will certainly affect Devon and south somerset by the looks of it.

Then less cold all week, with a possible easterly reload early next.

Posted

still got mod snow but not settling just causing what snow was left to melt. so the warm front won then.. back to damp wet boring weather :drinks:

new it had to end and some point. Cant complain we have had a great week.

Make the most of it peeps a nice low is coming in tue/wed bringing allot of wet windy weather..

kaz x

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_forecast_alltext.html

Well, here is the updated forecast for the next 15 days.

I think that's it, chaps.

Hasta la vista, baby, and all that.

See you next time. :drinks:

Posted

still got mod snow but not settling just causing what snow was left to melt. so the warm front won then.. back to damp wet boring weather sad.gif

new it had to end and some point. Cant complain we have had a great week.

Make the most of it peeps a nice low is coming in tue/wed bringing allot of wet windy weather..

kaz x

I will, gonna make a snowman lol see how long he lasts.

Posted

Well its 1300 and meto have not changed the warnings for tue so maybe they are confident we are going to still get plastered!

I wasnt talking about Cider either matt.... whistling.gif

:drinks:

Well if the snow falls on Tuesday like they were suggesting (30cm+) then perhaps cider is the only way forward!

Seems to be plenty of depression on here this morning, the long range update from the met changes more times that you can imagine and still says the word snow in there.

I'm sure this is not the last of the winter weather this year... ish.

Posted

:clap:

Well if the snow falls on Tuesday like they were suggesting (30cm+) then perhaps cider is the only way forward!

if the snow cant win out from this there is no way it can tue/wed. :clap:

at best it will be sleet.. What we really dont want it freezing rain. now that would cause problems

kaz x

Posted

if the snow cant win out from this there is no way it can tue/wed. smile.gif

at best it will be sleet.. What we really dont want it freezing rain. now that would cause problems

kaz x

We shall see,

It's still snowing here and there is no thaw and indeed has been no thaw upto this day, which makes this day 5 of snow over of over 5inches here, now its nearer 7.

There is plenty of time for things to change though.

I'm off again, but Countryfile should be a good watch later.

Posted

Well, it looks like that's it for here (for now at least)...

Not seen a single flake today...

The worst part is though that a slight thaw has set in :drinks:

I can now see most of my car roof and there are a few blades of grass poking through the snow cover in the back garden...

Posted

Just been out in the garden and the snow is still 2-3inches thick which isn't bad :rofl: hope for more this week.

Posted

We had to go milder at some stage - Scandi high looks strong and wouldn't be surprised to see a reload.

Posted

We had to go milder at some stage - Scandi high looks strong and wouldn't be surprised to see a reload.

Yes i hope so.

Do u have anything happening there? Just seems cloudy and looks like a bit of rain :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Warning out for Tuesday:

"A band of heavy snow will move slowly northeast during Tuesday afternoon and the first part of Wednesday before dying out. Accumulations of 5 to 10cm are expected widely, with 10 to 20cm possible locally, and a low risk of up to 30cm over higher ground."

Not excited at all yet though, it'll be wet stuff at best here - at worst heavy rain or nothing at all.

Posted

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

don't know if i posted this right, but this warning for south west england only added to metoffice website 10 mins ago.

Admittedly, only a 60% chance at mo. With current model predictions that could downgrade or upgrade. Lot of uncertainty at the mo.

Edited by Bristle boy