Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The higher ground seems to be misting up here which is usally a good sign of something heavier on the way. I have to say im very dissapointed so far. Typical it goes wrong for us again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

The thaw has just about stopped now but its inflicted serious damage :shok: Good get a few showers later, seems to be a few showers developing off the wash.

Posted

Hope you getting lots up in Telford and Shrewsbury. We're getting nothing down here...hopefully it'll snow enough for you to make up for last Tuesday. Kind of balances things out a bit if you get lots and we get little or none!

If only the weather had a sense of being fair!

Not a drop the whole day. Still time though but it's looking increasingly poor for Shrewsbury, againwallbash.gif

Posted

Just started snowing here again, a little heavier then before and not so sleety either. :shok:

Edited by tom_f123

Posted

The higher ground seems to be misting up here which is usally a good sign of something heavier on the way. I have to say im very dissapointed so far. Typical it goes wrong for us again.

But we still have lots on the ground and the thaw hasn't hit us too hard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Same just starting to snow now. :shok:

Dudley, Stourbridge and Redditch at the same time.

I have to say our thaw has been rather little compared to others and the snow is now perfect for snowballs again. :shok:

Posted

Same just starting to snow now. :shok:

Dudley, Stourbridge and Redditch at the same time.

I have to say our thaw has been rather little compared to others and the snow is now perfect for snowballs again. :shok:

yep, you're up by merry hill arent you? not far from gord or i then

Posted

Not a drop the whole day. Still time though but it's looking increasingly poor for Shrewsbury, againwallbash.gif

Well i hope something happens for you soon, I used to live in Gnosall between Newport and Stafford so know that part of the country quite well. Used to enjoy walking up the Wrekin or going to Shrewsbury.

Remember watching Telford take the brunt of the Cheshire gap showers as well while we got nothing in Gnosall!

Posted

Yep. Snow is still very light but hills and the distance have turned even more misty which is good.

Posted

plenty of stuff falling from the sky here today, one minute its raining, then i look out and its big fat flakes, then back to sleet, then snow, then rain. Lost about half my snow cover so far :unknw: its lterally changes every 5 minutes.

Edited by fordy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Just popped in between changing the beds - God I hate that job, one high sleeper, one set of bunk beds, one single bed and one double bed. Takes forever and fills up the utility room with washing!

Anyway, where was I? Oh yes our thaw seems to have stopped now. We lost a fair bit of snow cover but we still have a very white and wintry scene out there so it could have been a lot worse!

Nothing falling from the sky.

Temp is 1.2 and dp is 0.2 so marginally better than earlier!

Maybe we'll catch a snowflake or two later!

Posted

I know the radar is wrong today but it is beginging to show some more precip developing to our East which should have our name on it. :unknw:

I still wouldnt really take notice of the radar though because its not showing anything whne there is and it seems to be way under estimating intensity.

Posted

Hmmm, interesting, nothing here in Wordsley...surely Brierley Hill isn't high enough to kill any showers! :unknw:

..see, i'm holding back on pressing add reply just in case....

....nope, still nothing, well theres only one way of making it snow...and thats by pressing that button!

Posted

Yep. Snow is still very light but hills and the distance have turned even more misty which is good.

may aswell put in s'bridge, as the south staffs/west mids border is a bit vague lol. yeah very little thawing today, and bits and pieces of snow, especially earlier. lol gord, i was thinking that, would brierley hill kill those showers lol.

Edited by azores92

Posted

Well i hope something happens for you soon, I used to live in Gnosall between Newport and Stafford so know that part of the country quite well. Used to enjoy walking up the Wrekin or going to Shrewsbury.

Remember watching Telford take the brunt of the Cheshire gap showers as well while we got nothing in Gnosall!

Ever been to Haughton in Stafford? The place is one giant lightbulb at Christmas!!!!

Posted

Ever been to Haughton in Stafford? The place is one giant lightbulb at Christmas!!!!

I used to teach in the school in Haughton, so knew some of the people who were responsible for those lights!

Now where is this snow? I'm wondering if I am just missing it and its gone slightly north of me. Quite possible given the direction of the wind.

Posted

The snow wont get going! Grrrr! :unknw:

Posted

Seems a bit warmer in South Worcester today but no real signs of a thaw. No Snow today though but whilst the Met do do a wonderful Job and have called it pretty danm accurately this cold spell, the preciptation forecast sometimes just does not appear.

No Complaints here though been a great spell of cold weather.

Edited by snowhope

Posted

The snow wont get going! Grrrr! :clap:

Well get it going then! We're waiting down here! :D