Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

It's very strange that the Met Office are saying rain has fallen at Coleshill in the last few hours.....

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/wm_latest_weather.html

...when, a few miles down the road where I live we've had fairly decent if insubstantial snowfall for the past few hours.

Regards,

Mike.

Posted

I'm glad for you, what sort of covering???

Not a drop here all day. AGAIN. I've loved the cold but hated the lack of snow.

Shrewsbury has got down to -14 on one night, one of the coldest, we can do cold, but not major snow

It's only a dusting, but coming down slowly but surely. Hopefully will get better as time goes on. The ground here is frozen solid,went down the lane and ice was 2 inches thick in places. I'm tying to get pics off my phone from Shrewsbury yesterday, river was nearly frozen over.

Posted

It's only a dusting, but coming down slowly but surely. Hopefully will get better as time goes on. The ground here is frozen solid,went down the lane and ice was 2 inches thick in places. I'm tying to get pics off my phone from Shrewsbury yesterday, river was nearly frozen over.

All precipitation has moved NW so far today, so could it come our way?

Uuuum, NO!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its refusing to snow here now. Seems like its only just to our North?

Posted

Looks like that's it for me for the time being, the NW radar has been pretty accurate for me today, and based on that not much for me for quite a while to come, unless something appears out of nothing ..... here's hoping :nea:

Posted

It's very strange that the Met Office are saying rain has fallen at Coleshill in the last few hours.....

http://www.metoffice...st_weather.html

...when, a few miles down the road where I live we've had fairly decent if insubstantial snowfall for the past few hours.

Regards,

Mike.

I,m sure this was showing rain midweek aswell when we had the snow! I find it hard to believe as Coleshill has got a fair bit of elevation I think and where the met office recording station is its very open to the extremeties... very strange..

Posted

Coming down half decent now, still nothing in Shrewsbury?

Nothing but the odd flake here in Lawley?

Posted

light snow been falling for most of the day but nothing really settling, temps fallen back from 2.2 to 1.3 at 3.00pm. Just been onto the fields and must admit its still over 6 inches of level snow. changed from all dry powder to more sticky stuff, but its better for building with. :nea:

post-2248-12631355097542_thumb.jpg

Posted

I,m sure this was showing rain midweek aswell when we had the snow! I find it hard to believe as Coleshill has got a fair bit of elevation I think and where the met office recording station is its very open to the extremeties... very strange..

Agreed, jukebox: very odd.

However, it's snowing quite nicely here now, so I'm happy with that.

Regards,

Mike.

Posted

Well there's a lot of ppn still moving westwards from Holland, but looking at the latest BBC24 forecast, this looks like moving more northwards towards the night, hitting places such as Manchester.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Agreed, jukebox: very odd.

However, it's snowing quite nicely here now, so I'm happy with that.

Regards,

Mike.

Where are you in Birmingham?

We have about a flake a minute here. My optimism is thinning out now.

Posted

I hope the precip intensifies right now because its a bit pathetic right now. It would be interesting to see how close we come to Tues/Weds precip too...

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

My weather station has just registered 0.3mm of precipitation, the first of this cold spell, confirms the thaw.

Posted

Where abouts in Telford are you?

How much fresh you got now?

Nr Iron Bridge, it's only dusting the ground,better than rain though!

Posted

Well I've just been to Himley Hall Park to walk the dog. OK, it hasn't snowed in a while and looks like we're not going to see some for a while now.

But, Himley Hall park still looks beautiful despite the thaw. Lots of kids out sledging and lots of people still out enjoying the snow. So thats helped me to stay upbeat....and my dog had a great time too!

Posted

The snow intensity has increased now, coming down quite moderately with a mix of flake sizes from very very small to big 50p coin size :D

Posted

It does feel much more like a even larger teapot now. Chilly breeze with icy patches, air temperature steadily rising.

Next week could open the floodgates to the SW'erlies.

Posted

A few blobs of PPN are starting to show up in The Wash, now if the wind keeps blowing westwards I may get a little more later :( I know grasping at straws and all that :D

Posted

Hope you getting lots up in Telford and Shrewsbury. We're getting nothing down here...hopefully it'll snow enough for you to make up for last Tuesday. Kind of balances things out a bit if you get lots and we get little or none!

If only the weather had a sense of being fair!