Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Still nothing here.

I'm going to ask an honest question now and i'd like an honest answer. It's only January so it feels a bit strange typing this.

You can all tell how much I love snow because i'm constantly moaning about the lack of it but:

Who's looking forward to those warm days, having a drink in the garden with the family in the warm evening and enjoying the hot sunshine constantly from 7am till 9 pmdrinks.gif

Still February which is always Shrewsbury's best snow monthlaugh.gif , then March with some snow but I can't wait till summer

Posted

Well get it going then! We're waiting down here! biggrin.gif

rofl.gifwhistling.gif

looked on metoffice radar and those showers from the wash seem to be beefing up a bit

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Temps now down to 0.9c , I don't know what the dew point is.

It has been snowing for some time now, from just a few flakes and then back to quite big ones. The only problem is that I can still hear dripping on the roof in between the snow showers.

Its not pinched all my snow yet, I can see the grass peeping through. Come on snow make my grass all snowy white :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Those who are wanting snow don't worry, none of it is settling anyway, you are not missing anything.

Posted

The snow stops and starts here, everytime it gets going it stops again and looks like the main stuff will be further north.

Our only hope is Tuesday Night but i know what our luck is like, it will never reach here.

Posted

So lads, when's summer again? Starting to look forward to the days of 30 degree heat, down the beach (at home) and cricket matches! Paradise! :drunk:

thundery plumes, yes please!

Posted

So lads, when's summer again? Starting to look forward to the days of 30 degree heat, down the beach (at home) and cricket matches! Paradise! pardon.gif

Got to agree, 2020 evening game, day at the test match. Still a long way off yet so lets enjoy the next two months of winter

Posted

So lads, when's summer again? Starting to look forward to the days of 30 degree heat, down the beach (at home) and cricket matches! Paradise! :drunk:

Summer was in 2006...i don't know when the next one is due!

Anyway, still nothing here in Stourbridge...i get the feeling something is on its way for later though.

Posted

I have to admit, I am starting to get tired of the cold now. If it isn't going to deliver and just bring slate-grey skies with temperatures cold but nothing notable then I wouldn't mind a return to Atlantic storms.

The only positive for the cold now is to keep the CET down, because if we fail to get a sub-3c this month the modern winter loons will be out in full force once again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GFS 12z is very tasty but subject to change. Predicts over 10cm of snow here. :drunk:

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

Well, the snow is that light here it's actually melting the snow we currently have; nothing left on any of the roads or pavements and it's not vanishing from the grass!

If it carries on at this rate then there'll be nothing left... it's just too light and the radar isn't showing anything significant!

Posted

And for summer, a repeat of the last 3 would do very nicely :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

And for summer, a repeat of the last 3 would do very nicely :D

Constant rain and floods? :lol: :lol:

Posted

Well, the snow is that light here it's actually melting the snow we currently have; nothing left on any of the roads or pavements and it's not vanishing from the grass!

If it carries on at this rate then there'll be nothing left... it's just too light and the radar isn't showing anything significant!

Hopefully as the temperature falls as it gets dark hopefully the roads and pavements freeze because its only thawing because its slightly above freezing so it shouldnt be difficult to drop back to freezing. Then what ever falls then will stick :lol: thats my thought on the whole situation ahha.

Posted

Constant rain and floods? :lol: :lol:

There was only really flooding in 2007. But cool and wet is far more comfortable than searing heat and sleepless nights.

Posted

And for summer, a repeat of the last 3 would do very nicely :lol:

Washing away half the cricket season? Not a chance! You can get rain whenever (one reason I like snow too). A blazing hot summer please! Though just for the South of England - everyone else can have what they want, just so long as we're regularly in the high 20s! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hopefully as the temperature falls as it gets dark hopefully the roads and pavements freeze because its only thawing because its slightly above freezing so it shouldnt be difficult to drop back to freezing. Then what ever falls then will stick :lol: thats my thought on the whole situation ahha.

night time doesen't always mean a temperature drop though :lol: Temps may just hover around 0-1c for the rest of the night and the slow thaw will continue.

Posted

Personally i'm hoping for a searing hot summer this year, with light relief from the heat in the way of torrential thunderstorms :lol: