Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Still snowing here in Wednesbury, not sticking and a slight thaw taking place.

Temp dropped slightly :D but DP has gone up a bit :lol:

Still have a better feeling about this evening if the DP sorts it's self out.

Posted

Still snowing here in Wednesbury, not sticking and a slight thaw taking place.

Temp dropped slightly smile.gif but DP has gone up a bit cc_confused.gif

Still have a better feeling about this evening if the DP sorts it's self out.

what's your d/p?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well theres a Big thaw in the SE. Lets be thankful ours are generally small!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

moderate slizzle here now.....good, hope it melts this snow/ice quickly as a work-day tomorrow beckons....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

It certainly sounds like many have set their expectations far too high. This wa snever going to be an event of widespread heavy snow. Yes it will be persistent but mainly light to moderate. Accumulations are possible tonight but nothing massive.

I knew it would be only a light-moderate snow event for some areas but what I ddin't expect was that it would turn mild enough to melt snow :( This snow has stayed unmelted since Tuesday until today. Such a shame, I really didn't think temps would rise above 0c today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

snowing quite heavy here! it will probaBly TuRn to rain in a mo whistling.gif

The radar is a load of tosh today! I think we will keep the snow so needent worry about rain.

We have had some heavier bursts of snow while the radar shows nothing all day. Ignore it is the message to everyone. Some in the SE are having very heavy snow showers while the radar again shows nothing!

I think the snow across the region is begining to develop especially if heavier bursts are developing.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Our dp is 0.6 here. Temp is 1. Since the dp rose above qbout 0.4 we have had sleet and rain rather than snow which we had all morning. I honestly wasn't exepcting any snow this morning but I am disappointed to wath the lying snow go. I can actually see plants in the garden for the first time since Tuesday and can see patches of the road which was very well covered. The snow is dripping off the roofs and the shed now has a covering about 3cm thick, it was close to 10 before.

All in all a bit sad to wave off the cold spell but we did do well out of it I think. Even if dps drop and temps and we get more snow later, I think it will struggle to settle on the slush now and I can't see any evidence it will re-freeze tbh.

Posted

The radar is a load of tosh today! I think we will keep the snow so needent worry about rain.

We have had some heavier bursts of snow while the radar shows nothing all day. Ignore it is the message to everyone. Some in the SE are having very heavy snow showers while the radar again shows nothing!

I think the snow across the region is begining to develop especially if heavier bursts are developing.

yep! radar is a bit naf!. i think that as we go through the day snow will become more prolonged! fingers crossed xxxxdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

My narrowboat has been locked in ice for days now and not rocking as normal, I have just noticed that it is moving again now. I've been outside and had alook I now have about an inch of free water between the hull and the ice.

Posted

Nice to see some optimism on here!

I'm sure things will get a bit better later and we should have a nice fresh wintry scene to wake up to tomorrow...even if the depths are no longer there.

Liked i said ealier, there could still be some surprises on the way. The situation isn't too far away from settling snow right now.

Posted

This IMO is getting towards the best part of the cold spell, The Atlantic is gonna try and break through and as it does so, there is a much better chance of very heavy snowfall.

It may not be the nice fluffy snow that we've had over the last week, but it has a chance to pile up and not melt much.

There are no real signs of any breakdown attempt getting any further than the west country, but the precipitation will most probably get this far.

The jet stream is still way too far south, so until something drastic changes I can't see it even getting up to average.

Posted

If the radar is correct, I just cannot see where my snow's coming from as I was forecast it from Midday onwards. Barely a flake been seen.

A slight change away and on to the grit. We moan that the country's running low on it, but if this really is nearing the end, then once again, we've had enough so the government have had the correct amount

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

Nice to see some optimism on here!

I'm sure things will get a bit better later and we should have a nice fresh wintry scene to wake up to tomorrow...even if the depths are no longer there.

Liked i said ealier, there could still be some surprises on the way. The situation isn't too far away from settling snow right now.

Even if we don't get anymore, it has been absolutely wonderful. There is still a lot more winter to come as people keep saying :rofl:

Posted

yep! only a few more hours and the temps and d/p will be dropping again! my only concern is the precip we are looking west for the precip rightpardon.gif ?

Posted

Well i have never felt quite so teased by the good ole British weather before!

Still, not quite given up hope of more snow just yet but refuse to get remotely excited as its just not worth it!

I just wished it would make up its BL**DY MIND UP!!! :rofl:

Edited by Frank

Posted

I think there's something up with radar - take a look at metofffice radar 11.30 - see that strange line - seen it on other charts too - I'm hoping it means data is rubbish and as Sunday no one there to fix it whistling.gif

I live in hope - just hate seeing the PPN fizzle out.

My temp is still drop 1.7 from a day high of 2.3 my dewpoint is still a day high of 0.7 but hasnt change for over an hour.

Snowing intermittantly with wet big flakes but not settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Moderate snow odd heavyier burst! But again nothing on radar. Intresting to see what happens later

Edited by i love snow

Posted

Moderate snow odd heavyier burst! But again nothing on radar. Intresting to so what happens later

It could end up like tuesday night :p odd bursts of snow throughtout the day and as it got dark the snow became heavier and prolonged and gave us abour 3/4 inches ahah :) thats just hope lol.