Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Just my view using the UKMO Fax Charts this morning.

Pretty similar to yesterdays 12z. The front was never really due to reach us until around midday.

Have to admit that flurries are much lower than expected for this region. I really thought that we would have had at least some form of showers pepping up by now. But, lets give it a few hours before judging.

Posted

Just had a shower here in Leicester , It was sleet at the start , Snow In the middle and Sleet at the end. A typical sign of rising temps with snow only making it in the heavier precipitation . The best day of the week is now looking like a let down .. but a little early in the day to worry to much at the moment. According to the GFS we currently have -10 or lower 850's over us so I don't understand it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Just my view using the UKMO Fax Charts this morning.

Pretty similar to yesterdays 12z. The front was never really due to reach us until around midday.

Have to admit that flurries are much lower than expected for this region. I really thought that we would have had at least some form of showers pepping up by now. But, lets give it a few hours before judging.

yeah it was never really meant to snow until mainly evening/overnight, just temp is so high, and there will be a thaw, most the snow from now will be west of here, SW thread having snow now, and more tomorrow, and loads tue/wed

Just had a shower here in Leicester , It was sleet at the start , Snow In the middle and Sleet at the end. A typical sign of rising temps with snow only making it in the heavier precipitation . The best day of the week is now looking like a let down .. but a little early in the day to worry to much at the moment. According to the GFS we currently have -10 or lower 850's over us so I don't understand it.

yep that warmer air must be undercutting.

:lol:

What a let down,i cant see many people getting 10 cm today,10cm of rain maybe. :whistling:

Temps here nearing 1 degree now.

Posted

yep that warmer air must be undercutting.

:(

What a let down,i cant see many people getting 10 cm today,10cm of rain maybe. :(

Temps here nearing 1 degree now.

Well I have a feeling this is all gonna merge and is gonna end up pretty much ppn wise how GFS shows , What we need is to make sure there isn't to much of a thaw by late afternoon or any further Accumalation will be out of the Question. We need to keep the ground cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I will admit that this now looks like a disaster. My snow is starting to thaw thanks to the rising temperatures. I thought it would be in the south east corner at the very least by now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

I will admit that this now looks like a disaster. My snow is starting to thaw thanks to the rising temperatures. I thought it would be in the south east corner at the very least by now.

What temp you got Nick? Bigger flakes starting to fall here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

LOL, only in this country could you moan when there is snow on the ground already, i'm going out now to enjoy all the snow and see loads of kids very happy sledging on nearby hills while you lot moan. :(

Ditto. Will be plenty of snow up in the peak district hills and many hundreds and me will be enjoying it rather than beating themselves in front of a computer screen.

Posted

just had a light snow shower here in bedworth, must be cold enough still!

fingers crossed for later on.

Posted

What temp you got Nick? Bigger flakes starting to fall here now.

0.8c and a dew point of -2.6c. Your snow will probably stop again soon, I can't believe at how long it is going to take just to reach here. My snow is definitely melting now, which is a real shame.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, fog and ice!

0.8c and a dew point of -2.6c. Your snow will probably stop again soon, I can't believe at how long it is going to take just to reach here. My snow is definitely melting now, which is a real shame.

Yes the flakes have stopped again. It is melting here as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

disaster for one, is deliverance for another....roll on the return of blowtorch SW's :)

Posted

temps really starting to fall if anyone elses are? dropped 0.2c in the last hour :)

Yes mine are dropping as that band now over Devon and Cornwall moves away , It probably just dragged up a tongue of milder air from the South .

Posted

Mine isn't dropping yet, but hopefully it should soon - it is heartbreaking to see my lovely, dry, powdery snow turn into the wet and horrible stuff!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We've had snow faling for about 45 minutes, although it is quite light.

Temperature is 1.1 and we have dp of -0.2 so its in the balance really! Am wondering where the snow is coming from and getting very confused. Last night I stated I thought it was coming from the east and was told no, I was wrong. I was told the snow would come out of nowhere essentially.

Yes I'm reading others are looking East? :)