Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

I'm melting!!!!!!! me-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-t-t-t-i-i-i-n-n-n-n-g-g-g-g-g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cray.gif

where has my 2" of snow gone?? sad.gif I went to bed last night being told by the BBC that we were gonna get loads of snow here tomorrow afternoon through till Monday morning from the SE, but I see nothing but a giant blob out SW and whats with the rain/sleet/snow mix??????? Is this it??? I was so looking forward to at least one proper snowfall before the cold relinquished its grip. Hopefully a reload later but everyone keeps going on about a mild Feb. cc_confused.gif +sigh+ Mega downgrade from GFS too... ho-hum mellow.gif

Posted

I'm melting!!!!!!! me-e-e-e-e-l-l-l-l-t-t-t-i-i-i-n-n-n-n-g-g-g-g-g!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cray.gif

where has my 2" of snow gone?? sad.gif I went to bed last night being told by the BBC that we were gonna get loads of snow here tomorrow afternoon through till Monday morning from the SE, but I see nothing but a giant blob out SW and whats with the rain/sleet/snow mix??????? Is this it??? I was so looking forward to at least one proper snowfall before the cold relinquished its grip. Hopefully a reload later but everyone keeps going on about a mild Feb. cc_confused.gif +sigh+ Mega downgrade from GFS too... ho-hum mellow.gif

a complete non event !!!!! temp 2.6 heatwave

Posted

where has my 2" of snow gone?? :( I went to bed last night being told by the BBC that we were gonna get loads of snow here tomorrow afternoon through till Monday morning from the SE, but I see nothing but a giant blob out SW and whats with the rain/sleet/snow mix??????? Is this it??? I was so looking forward to at least one proper snowfall before the cold relinquished its grip. Hopefully a reload later but everyone keeps going on about a mild Feb. cc_confused.gif +sigh+ Mega downgrade from GFS too... ho-hum mellow.gif

That system in the west is currently moving away , while in the east there is a streamer being set up , the main area of interest is Sunday night in to Monday. :)

And yes it's melting here to :(

Like Chris said i think that system to the west pulled some slightly milder air in across the south.

B)

Posted

i always new it wasn't going to be a significant event.... it was never meant to be. And the GFS, has been spot on... very light precipiation with a few moderate falls later this evening. Could get interesting then but i doubt if any substancial accumulations will occur, especially with current temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, thunderstorms, cold, snowy winters.

Gutted! Where is all the snow?! Its just grey and gloomy out there and not as cold. The actual picture looking at the latest radar is a total contradiction to current BBC forecasts. I'm hoping this isnt gonna go down as another monumental cock-up. B) *rant over*

Posted

3.1 degrees here and rising

snow melting and slush around.

bbc downgarded weather and has temps 0f 3/4 degrees so i think we know it could be the end of the cold spell.

Posted

Wow there's something you don't see very often .. heavy Snow falling and settled in Penzance Cornwall.

3.1 degrees here and rising

snow melting and slush around.

bbc downgarded weather and has temps 0f 3/4 degrees so i think we know it could be the end of the cold spell.

Heavy Snow , Blizzard style here at the moment ... Yes , let the streamer begin . Can I have some temp updates from Leicester please ?

Posted

Just goes to show the weather is so unpredictable , it can work for you and against.

Wash streamer looking good for Leicester LE2.

Even better news leicesters game is now on Sky 1 and HD 2.45pm , as no other english games are on.yahoo.gif

Posted

Just goes to show the weather is so unpredictable , it can work for you and against.

Even better news leicesters game is now on Sky 1 and HD 2.45pm , as no other english games are on.yahoo.gif

Do you mean Sky Sports 1 and The wash streamer and with temps now Falling , my mood has now changed , this could be the best Snow spell of the Winter for here so far , and Temps are due to fall again later and not start to rise until wednesday so any further snow could stay around and cover up our snow melt. (Which in my location is only miner anyway still about 2-4 inches on the ground .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I guess this is the beginning of the end for the cold spell really. Back to the modern winter folks...

I hope that was a joking comment, I really do.

I'm liking the look of that Wash streamer!

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Our snow has turned to rain, we've a really quick thaw going on - the depth on the shed has decreased by 3cm this morning!

Posted

I can pretty much guess what's in the last few pages so I won't look. :(

But I wasn't expecting any snow untill late afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Do you mean Sky Sports 1 and The wash streamer and with temps now Falling , my mood has now changed , this could be the best Snow spell of the Winter for here so far , and Temps are due to fall again later and not start to rise until wednesday so any further snow could stay around and cover up our snow melt. (Which in my location is only miner anyway still about 2-4 inches on the ground .

The thing is the forecasers havent said anythin much today about the snow, they briefly mention it pepping up tonight but they dont even h

show any warnings which tells me there not concerned . Comments ????????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I can pretty much guess what's in the last few pages so I won't look. :yahoo:

I wasn't expecting snow until later either BUT I also wasn't exepcting such a rapid thaw which will have implications on any snow later as it will be settling on wet ground surely?

Posted

I hope that was a joking comment, I really do.

I'm liking the look of that Wash streamer!

Its really pepping up in just the right places. Looking at the meteox radar, there is a good deal of precip moving in from the Netherlands.

http://www.meteox.co.uk/gmap.aspx?soort=loop3uur&zoom=7&lat=52.72298552457069&lon=5.888671875

Edited by MrDiamondDust

Posted

It's been trying to thaw here over the last 2 days, even at temps 'really' below 0C. The surfaces that have here are quite dry, it looks.

But I don't think (at least around Halesowen) that it'll climb to 3C. :yahoo:

Posted

Cheers for the news, I will put my season ticket back in the drawer and watch the game on sky; bring on the streamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Temp here of 1.6 dewpoint of -0.6 definatly no snowmelt! Snowing lightly and blowing around in 15mph ave wind speed, front that is swaved across from cornwall to linconshire is just starting to pep up along its northern boundry!!! I think it is all about to start!

Posted

Well, like every man and his dog in the United Kingdom, I'm having a bit of a thaw too. But (according to the radar) - it looks like whatever will fall today will be snow, and looks promising out to the east! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Our snow has turned to rain, we've a really quick thaw going on - the depth on the shed has decreased by 3cm this morning!

I can pretty much guess what's in the last few pages so I won't look. :yahoo:

I did mention yesterday that conditions could be quite marginal for snow...NAE & NMM15z models yesterday both showed rain/sleet the further to the east and south of our region you go...the overnight 03zNMM concurs with this, though the good news for snow lovers is that for those areas currently receiving a wintry mix should see a change over to snow as the afternoon/evening progresses

Posted

Well, its definitely snowing now. may it continue!