Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

Are you other certain members in disguise? whistling.gif

Theres around 10 weeks left of winter i think? What is your expert forecast for the next 10 weeks? 25c and torrential rain? *crosses off summer before its even happened* lol

I dont mean disrespect, and i understand the downbeat nature but in 6hours alot can change, so 10 weeks in weather terms is almost a lifetime..

fair comment i appologise profusely

Guest FireStorm

in 10 weeks its obviously gunnu be 7C and probably gloomy and raining, sorry, but its true.

Perhaps, but thats 10 weeks away... For all we know it could be 15-20c

And i stated alot can change in a 6hour period so we have 1680 hours in 10 weeks with 840hours worth of possible changes.

Edit: presuming it does change every 6hours and not within 30minutes like a thunderstorms direction can do based on radars - or 5mins per netweather radar :clap:

Edited by FireStorm

Posted

Hi I live in chatham - the main roads are fine - side roads are slushy but if you take it slowly should be fine - snowing on and off at the moment

Hope that helps x

Thanks for the info.. :clap:

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

redefining pessimism there mate :drunk: gotta agree a bit tho, 10th of January is statistically the coldest day [Probably, i cant actuaLLy remeber...] x

Actually I think statistically the coldest time of year is Late Jaunuary/first few day of February, even if the days are getting slightly longer and the sun that bit stronger by that time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

update from molesey: its still not snowing...

I think everyone should do 1 minute updates on there precise location so we can get to thread 100 in the next 10 minutes.

u know the weathers GOT to be good if we get to 100, new record..

Actually I think statistically the coldest time of year is Late Jaunuary/first few day of February, even if the days are getting slightly longer and the sun that bit stronger by that time.

yey we still have plenty of time then :]

Perhaps, but thats 10 weeks away... For all we know it could be 15-20c

And i stated alot can change in a 6hour period so we have 1680 hours in 10 weeks with 840hours worth of possible changes.

Edit: presuming it does change every 6hours and not within 30minutes like a thunderstorms direction can do based on radars - or 5mins per netweather radar :drunk:

we'll you certainly got me there. im still gunu stick with my forecast of 7C and moderate gloom for the weather in 10 weeks, its always been that way late march in the past.

Posted

Could someone far more experienced than me explain how the warm front managed to take Sky, BBC (and some of us on here!) by surprise? (Dew points, uppers etc?) and how is it their super-computers are not able to detect such minute changes from as little as 9-12 hours out when you would expect such forecasts to be nailed on?

Apologies if it's already been explained. rolleyes.gif

Posted

bigger flakes now but not really any point as everything is wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

it might settle later, especially if it gets harder, too bad there hasnt been any clear spells before hand to let temps drop though.

edit- in the east that is where its snowing.

Edited by OldGreggsTundraBoy

Posted

Currently experiencing moderate-heavy snow falling, as has been the case on and off throughout the day, not really making much effort to settle unfortunately.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted

Is it the general feeling that this is it for a while or is there a chance that we could get further snow tonight?cc_confused.gif

Posted

Technically, it's been snowing in Eastbourne all day.... but not so you'd notice. Still have a very good covering but slushy roads. Let's see what tonight brings, if anything.

Posted

rain snow mix now at City Airport...I dont see much in the way of snow for a few days....that stuff pushing in from west may cheer me up later this week. I nipped out to store for smokes and snow all but gone of cars here....and is not cold at all.

Posted

Technically, it's been snowing in Eastbourne all day.... but not so you'd notice. Still have a very good covering but slushy roads. Let's see what tonight brings, if anything.

Do you think that we could get some more tonight? sorry to ask as i know its hard to predict just wondered what your view is ? cheersdrinks.gif

Posted

wheres our beasterly anyone cleverer than me ?

Posted

Do you think that we could get some more tonight? sorry to ask as i know its hard to predict just wondered what your view is ? cheersdrinks.gif

who knows but the met office seem to be ramping up on another event for late tues wed! hard to believe as they got the weekend snow so wrong

London & South East England: Brighton + Hove Hampshire Isle of Wight Oxfordshire Portsmouth Southampton W Berkshire W Sussex Heavy Snow Wed 13 Jan There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central-southern and southwest England, West Midlands and North Wales.

A band of heavy snow will move slowly northeast during Tuesday afternoon and the first part of Wednesday before dying out. Accumulations of 2 to 5cm are expected widely, with 5 to 15cm possible locally. The strengthening southeasterly wind is also likely to lead to drifting of snow.

Issued at: 1450 Sun 10 Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

showers seem to be beefing up on the south side of the Estuary. Although small the cells have a few 30mm per hour pixels showing. Maybe this is the first remnants of the Dutch/German Snow coming into play. They look to be heading due east.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

who knows but the met office seem to be ramping up on another event for late tues wed! hard to believe as they got the weekend snow so wrong

London & South East England: Brighton + Hove Hampshire Isle of Wight Oxfordshire Portsmouth Southampton W Berkshire W Sussex Heavy Snow Wed 13 Jan There is a moderate risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of central-southern and southwest England, West Midlands and North Wales.

A band of heavy snow will move slowly northeast during Tuesday afternoon and the first part of Wednesday before dying out. Accumulations of 2 to 5cm are expected widely, with 5 to 15cm possible locally. The strengthening southeasterly wind is also likely to lead to drifting of snow.

Issued at: 1450 Sun 10 Jan

Thanks for the info,but like you say i think i will take the proffesional weather forecasters with a pinch of salt as they really didnt know what they were talking about this weekend lol,i think i will just check with you guys from now on as you all seem to have a better idea as to what is going to happen ,well lets all keep everything crossed and hopefully we get some more tonight and if not over the next few daysdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Radar shows very heavy bursts of Snow in these cells. They wil deliver a covering in minutes if you get hit. Temps and DP's are all dropping now reducing thawing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Do we really care? Its the wrong side of marginal now....(

Surley no point being here then if your not interested?!