Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & Se Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

I had about 4-5 inches in Feb, this time around about 1.5 inches max... I really could do with a good dumping :nea:

i thought we got more like 10 inches in febuary around sunbury, that was the best...

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Moderate/heavy shower now, can't say I'm that excited to be honest and it seems like rather wet snow, all a bit futile now. Sadly the lovely Icecles we had are now withdrawing quickly and it doesn't help that the little 'uns have been outside and ravaged the decent covering we had making it look rather miserable now.

Coming down quite enthusiastically now, shouldn't really complain too much ay!

Posted

Moderate/heavy shower now, can't say I'm that excited to be honest and it seems like rather wet snow, all a bit futile now. Sadly the lovely Icecles we had are now withdrawing quickly and it doesn't help that the little 'uns have been outside and ravaged the decent covering we had making it look rather miserable now.

Coming down quite enthusiastically now, shouldn't really complain too much ay!

haha! your not allowed to complain if its snowing :nea:

Posted

Looking like a more organised band of light snow is forming over Essex moving SSW.

Bit of a thaw today, but to be expected in the current flow.

Posted

Heavy snow at the moment

Theres always someone reporting heavy snow in croydon!!! I only live in molesey 10 miles away ad havent seen a snowflake in dayss...

Posted

Plenty of light/mod snow showers passing through here. Shame its all pointless now. Oh well hopefully a reload in 10 days to get rid of this stagnent pool of pish over us atm.

Guest FireStorm

Was that using todays NAE charts?? has anyone seen todays NAE charts?

Definitely on fleck alert here, bits floating in the wind. . . should start getting rid of this useless NNE ( :lol: ) up the Estuary any time now.

Not hopeful of much convection though with nothing exciting showing on any of the models and nothing from the MetO.

00z, i was hoping not too much changed but may be slightly wrong :lol:

06z wasnt available / processed or something

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Moderate dripping here in Brighton.

Posted

Theres always someone reporting heavy snow in croydon!!! I only live in molesey 10 miles away ad havent seen a snowflake in dayss...

Croydon varies in temps. I'm in Shirley which is on the border of Kent. Temps here are always lower than the main area of Croydon.

Heavy snow has now stopped, and it is snowing lightly now

Posted

We've had snizzle and light to moderate snow alternating for a few hours now. From the experts on here, it seems as if they're is nothing to indicate this on the radars etc. Do you think this will carry on for a while or end up turning to rain (or just stopping)? Wondering what the ice risk is for tomorrow morning as everyone starts returning to work?

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

Moderate sleet & snow here in Eltham-

S

a few flakes here nothing to write home about apart from the damn thawsad.gif alan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Been snowing on and off all day but not really amounting to much as it's a bit too dampy here now.

Posted

Snowing more persistently now ,although wouldn't call it any more than light to light moderate yet - and not settling

Posted

Can anyone explain if we are due to get the snow that has been in Germany,as when on here this morning read a few posts that indicated we may well get some snow later on today and it was coming from Germany?rolleyes.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold.. snow ..freezing fog..ice ..very hot

its all over i fear for at least another year everything looked good solar min ..uppers ..lowers ..dps ahhhh

Posted

I dont know whats worse. Snow that cant settle due to the rapid thaw or no snow at all. Prob would of had another 2cm this afternoon.

Posted

I think some of us work under different definitions of flurry, light snow, moderate snow, heavy snow, very heavy snow and blizzards! Oh and the classic 'white out!' biggrin.gif

Posted

Still snowing here - and the snow that slid off the bonnet of my car earlier this morning is now replaced by a fine layer of new snow. Can't tell if it's settling anywhere else, as everywhere else is still covered in snow. Moderate snowfall and moderate sized flakes for 30 mins or so now.

Posted

its all over i fear for at least another year everything looked good solar min ..uppers ..lowers ..dps ahhhh

How amazing that you've sorted the whole forecast out for the rest of the winter! its January 10th not March! Normally by this time of the winter we've normally been scratching around for a frost, so to have had the amount of cold so far is pretty amazing,the whole world does not revolve around how much snow you have in your garden! some people have done very well, others not so well in terms of snow, thats generally the case in any cold spell. Plenty of time for more snow so cheer up!

Posted

Can anyone explain if we are due to get the snow that has been in Germany,as when on here this morning read a few posts that indicated we may well get some snow later on today and it was coming from Germany?rolleyes.gif

http://www.meteox.nl/gmap.aspx?soort=loop3uur&zoom=6&lat=52.908902047770255&lon=-1.845703125

there are snow showers

over holland and germany at the moment

they seem to be heading more E / A AND THE MIDLANDS AT THE MOMENT

Posted

Fairly violent snow just started here; only moderate-heavy but being blown around and flung to the ground. Won't last long though judging by the radar. Today has been a terrible day for us up here, we'd kept our 12-14cm since Wednesday very well, only losing maybe 4 or so cm, but today we've lost a massive amount and now there's only a minimal amount of the roofs and the pavements and road has become slushy ice rather than compacted snow. That's what comes for having temps of 2C all day I suppose. Still, it hasn't been bad considering it's Gtr. London.