Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

mmmmmm i love stew and i`m just round the corner !!!!

I'll make the dumplings, you bring the wine (and a volvo full of snow).drunk.gif

Posted

I'll make the dumplings, you bring the wine (and a volvo full of snow).drunk.gif

now that sounds like an offer not to refuse, red or white??whistling.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

ali, just finished my hungarian goulash I made last night. UMmmmmmm.

woody

Posted

ali, just finished my hungarian goulash I made last night. UMmmmmmm.

woody

Yum yum.... just going to get some crusty bread now to go with the stew... hope mine tastes as good as yours sounded. lol

Posted

flash warning issued

Wales: Blaenau Gwent

Bridgend

Caerphilly

Cardiff

Carmarthenshire

Merthyr Tydfil

Monmouthshire

Neath Port Talbot

Newport

Powys

Rhondda Cynon Taff

Swansea

Torfaen

Vale of Glamorgan

Heavy Snow 1600 Tue 12 0900 Wed 13

Outbreaks of snow, heavy at times, are likely during Tuesday into Wednesday morning, giving accumulations of 2 and 5 cm at lower levels away from coasts and locally 5 to 10 cm. Around 20 cm is expected on higher ground where drifting is likely in strong winds.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Wales for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1347

Posted

bbc 2pm forecast just said they are not expecting and great amounts of snow across sw or wales ??? whats that all about thenwallbash.gif

Posted

Joe B's latest blog on accuweather

TUESDAY 2 PM LONDON TIME

EUROPE...ENJOY THE BREAK.

Like the winters of yore a January thaw. But I want to remind you that the physical drivers for the cold winter are still there. And winter will come back

Here are the facts though.. The forecast stressed that the area from Germany to Scandinavia would be coldest. So far that is the case for the winter. Its warm in southeast Europe. This column is not meant to nail every site here.. that is what I do for private concerns and that involves a great deal of work. But a couple of days ago I told you a thaw is coming relative to what it has been. And this is by no means the end of this winter. It will come back again and stubbornly last into March. But when we total all this up, we will see that like the winter I referenced you, 02-03, the coldest will be in the areas described..even though like the US it will wind up colder overall than 02-03.

I have been reading about England, and this "break" will help out. What will help out more is if your leaders so bent on saving the planet 100 years from now would understand that chasing what may be a ghost of the future does no good when you are caught off guard today. Lets see if the dogmatic turn practical in this important issue of our day. No man KNOWS the future... No time is ever certain except today, and yesterday is the foundation on which we reach. I am hoping at the least, this winter of our discontent will teach people that.

bbc 2pm forecast just said they are not expecting and great amounts of snow across sw or wales ??? whats that all about thenwallbash.gif

and after Dancing Derek jumping around showing snow for all of Wales between now and tomorrow afternoon on the 1.45pm bbc 1 forecast - mmmmmmmmmm!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Temperature now 0.2C Dewpoint -2.3C and both falling. We now wait for the whiteout. There is now no doubt we are going to get a pasting up here in the Rhondda...

Posted

Its just started snowing in Mumbles.

The air temp is currently 2.2c so I think this bodes well especially in light of the snow reports in the SW in low lying areas. This could be a major event!

Posted

meto has the warning from 4pm for wales - I think it's gonna get here sooner than that and has done as the intial reports are now coming in!

Posted

Temperature now 0.2C Dewpoint -2.3C and both falling. We now wait for the whiteout. There is now no doubt we are going to get a pasting up here in the Rhondda...

No doubt at all! The latest NMM would suggest just under 16cm fresh snowfall by 9am tomorrow for your location. :doh:

Posted

I have a feeling this is going to be a very major event compared with recent winters. My father in law were going to go to bowls tonight - just told him to forget it unless he fancies walking home. Said when it starts snowing - expect not to get out for at least a day....