Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

You lot are going to get an absolute HAMMERING. I wish I was in Aberdare today :(

You would have to be airlifted home mate! :rolleyes::clap:

Posted

interesting times. The wind is gusting from the East and the dew point is dropping...Snow looks about certain for us here in the Rhondda. Maybe time to get the shovels ready. lol...The drifting will be quite severe if this wind keeps up too....

I've got a tenner on 3ft drifts!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

You would have to be airlifted home mate! :rolleyes::clap:

I know :( My relatives are going to get snowed in! They live at the top of the hill in Cwmdare just behind the Aberdare country park. It's about 200m high up there.

Posted

You lot are going to get an absolute HAMMERING. I wish I was in Aberdare today sad.gif

Thanks Andy - I can see it coming and it's shovels at the ready and back into the freezer we go

Posted

The lead edge is heading into Swansea now and Porthcawl. Pembroke too. Anyone got any reports from there?

Edited by derrylynne

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Milford drizzle at the mo thats all. Note to ealeir posters, the cars abandoned because of snow was due to drifting of existing snow over mountian areas. nothing more in pembs.

Personally not holding out any hope at all esepcially not met downgraded

woody

Posted

i wonder if anyone can explain the meto warnings issued today in comparison with last week when from swindon to isle of white and across to brighton was on a red (take action) warning and today with a similar heavy precip approaching us here in wales? it seems to me metoffice are sitting on their hands and are not going to commit untill they can see the weather through their window.

Posted

Latest precipitation estimates indicate the Rhondda is going to be one of the worse effected with up to a foot of snow with drifting. That is a hell of a lot of snow. If we got half that with the drifting it would be bad. We can only now wait and see...

Posted

i wonder if anyone can explain the meto warnings issued today in comparison with last week when from swindon to isle of white and across to brighton was on a red (take action) warning and today with a similar heavy precip approaching us here in wales? it seems to me metoffice are sitting on their hands and are not going to commit untill they can see the weather through their window.

The best way at this stage is to nowcast. Look at the South West thread and that gives reports of precipition and type that is heading our way. And keep checking this thread to see what is happening as the precipitation comes in. Which it is starting to do now...

Posted

I think they are getting so paranoid and in fear that someone's job might be on the line that they'd rather wait until the event is actually happening

Posted

Latest precipitation estimates indicate the Rhondda is going to be one of the worse effected with up to a foot of snow with drifting. That is a hell of a lot of snow. If we got half that with the drifting it would be bad. We can only now wait and see...

What a winter this is turning out to be if true. One of the most memorable in recent years.

Posted

It's knocking right on the door now along the coast

What a winter this is turning out to be if true. One of the most memorable in recent years.

With more winters like this to come in the coming decades if Joe B is right and the solar minima is leading to a cooling of our planet!

Posted

It simply has to snow here now as I have just made a gorgeous stew....rolleyes.gif

mmmmmm i love stew and i`m just round the corner !!!!

Posted

Guess anyone stuck up Black road now is going to have a long wait to get their car back after this lot. rotfl....

gonna be a two - three day wait I reckon - I'm thankful I'm out but I am now parked the one end of it close to the griag hill - so - I'll still have problems once this storm has come through - probably have to wait till about late thursday - friday before i get out as GFS is progging mega low freezing temps over night wednesday and thursday night, up to -12 which will cause more probs (temps under clear skies over big snow fields will drop over night considerably)