Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

well if it does happen to snow heavy we can look out because the wind is very strong,in fact its so strong i think it will blow it all the way up to scotland,so even it does snow we still wont see it pmsl.are there any other radars to watch other than rain radar and met office?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Good luck today, its about 1-2c. The wind is very strong though making it feel bitterly cold

Posted

Lots of dissapointment today for some I think...

General Coasts seem 2C with dew of 0C... could rise and make things more marginal.

yes mate think im one of them but that is nothing new

temp here is 1.2c with a dew of 0.6c the winds are all over the place at the mo they are SW then a min l8r they are E'ly

hope i do get something though but cant see it

good luck everybody hope you get loads of snow

Edited by madian2

Posted

Andy

I'm at Blaenavon at the top of the Eastern valley in Gwent

your guaranteed snow mate - Just went to make tea in the kitchen and it's blowing a gale and freezin - can't be anything else but snow round these parts - and our road is still closed off

well if it does happen to snow heavy we can look out because the wind is very strong,in fact its so strong i think it will blow it all the way up to scotland,so even it does snow we still wont see it pmsl.are there any other radars to watch other than rain radar and met office?

the wind is a cold easterly (I think) so a slight opposite to where the front is coming from

Edited by andymusic

Posted

i just looked on facebook and my mate from cork in Ireland wrote at 8.47 that it was snowing there,is this the same area of cloud that we are supposed to get later?

i was going to ask him what sort of snow but he had gone off.

Posted

i just looked on facebook and my mate from cork in Ireland wrote at 8.47 that it was snowing there,is this the same area of cloud that we are supposed to get later?

It's part of the same system....

But obviously conditions are different everywhere. Watch the radar and read reports from people to your south.

Posted

It's part of the same frontal system - only nearer the centre of the low - so southern Ireland has snow - a good sign for later!

Might be worth keeping an eye on the south west england thread on net weather to see the reports coming through as the front makes progress

Posted

Despite my pessimism last night, the sky certainly looks dark, bleak and full of something towards the coast.

Apparently it's snowing steadily with a tendancy to drift aroun Synod Inn / Banc Sion Cwilt areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Reports on BBC Wales of snow in West Wales with cars stuck and roads closed. Looking at the radar it hasn't struck land yet.

Sign of things to come i hope yahoo.gif

Posted

Reports on BBC Wales of snow in West Wales with cars stuck and roads closed. Looking at the radar it hasn't struck land yet.

What? Reports of snow now.. this morning?

Where in West Wales?

Posted

perhaps a trail run

Posted

Seeing as nothing is falling yet I think that they are mis-reporting - I'd like to bet that it's on high ground where the temps are sub zero and existing lying snow is being blown around and drifting, so causing the road problems.

Posted

A bit of mixing going on here with the air and hence the temperature - was 1.1c overnight, when I got up it had fallen to 1.0c, a short while later it was 0.9c ......... and now it's 1.2c.

Posted

Seeing as nothing is falling yet I think that they are mis-reporting - I'd like to bet that it's on high ground where the temps are sub zero and existing lying snow is being blown around and drifting, so causing the road problems.

you may be right - it's blowing a gale here (on top of a mountain see) and you'll never believe this but next door are having their windows double glazed - it's freezin!!!!!!!!! they must be mad

latest GFS 06Z - snow right up till gone 6pm tomorrow - temps kept down around -1 all day tomorrow as well so looking good and no thaw in the immediate short term

Edited by andymusic

Posted

GFS is predicting temps of -12 after the snow has finished wednesday night into thursday (all to do with the snow on the ground) - back to the freezer - amazing!

and -11 the following night into friday - WOW!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

GFS is predicting temps of -12 after the snow has finished wednesday night into thursday (all to do with the snow on the ground) - back to the freezer - amazing!

and -11 the following night into friday - WOW!

you mean this?

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn4810.html

Computer error methinks! :)

Posted

It's part of the same frontal system - only nearer the centre of the low - so southern Ireland has snow - a good sign for later!

Might be worth keeping an eye on the south west england thread on net weather to see the reports coming through as the front makes progress

Utt owe....has it all changed again? I can't take anymore of this snow stress nonono.gif

Posted

Utt owe....has it all changed again? I can't take anymore of this snow stress nonono.gif

puts grey hairs on ya doesn't it Ali - no not really - beeb are trying to say there may be a little less precip - I'm not convinced yet - the front looks great coming in and the temps and blowing a gale freezin wind are in place - so we wait and follow reports as the front makes it's progress - but it's still all looking good!