Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

here in leighton buzzard we have a good covering and still snowing!!!!

Edited by meltz!

Posted

About 2cm's here so far, just got a bit heavier, so I can see it without looking at a lampost!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Make the most of it folkes, am i right this is it for a short while, getting slightly milder.???????

Edited by silver line

Posted

Make the most of it folkes, am i right this is it for a short while, getting slighty milder.???????

yep you are right, milder temps for the weekend, could be about 5c! Seasonal average is 6-7c.

Posted

here in leighton buzzard we have a good covering and still snowing!!!!

The roads are deadly already even Stanbridge Road so there is not much hope for the side roads. All schools are open but TBH I am not willing to risk trying to get there. Fingers crossed that this is just the start of it and we are going to get at least 5 inches LOL

Posted

That would be excellent!! I have not been to my office (in Surrey) since last Monday and have been working at home. I was going to go this morning but have put it off until lunchtime now, I know I sound like a wuss but why drive when I don't have to?

The roads are deadly already even Stanbridge Road so there is not much hope for the side roads. All schools are open but TBH I am not willing to risk trying to get there. Fingers crossed that this is just the start of it and we are going to get at least 5 inches LOL

Leighton Buzzard was mentioned on BBC Look East as being an area suffering from hazardous driving conditions!

Posted

hi speedy yep agree amazes me that schools are open today when last week they closed at the slightest fall of snow!!!!

we're on the Highfield road area and roads are horrendus!! still snowing aloy too! Infact Leighton Buzzard just got mentioned on the bbc news for being quite baqdly effected by snow!unsure.gif

meltz!

Posted

Good morning nice people,

I wonder if someone can post a pic or two. Would like to see what's going on there as I'm away at the moment.

Posted

Morning all, snow coming down fairly thickly.. have prob had an extra 4cms so far. Temp -0.6c Roads out of town are looking dicey so am staying put!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

A couple of cms here, already much better than the weekend's non event. It was falling very lightly (in fact could hardly see that it wassnowing when I looked out the window) but I just took my daughter to school and got a bit heavier. Light snow blowing about a bit...is this a "snizzard"?

Took a slide two or three times in the car but was lucky not to hit anything. I can tell you that heading south on the A1170 traffic is snarling up...

Posted

Another cm here overnight, looking at the radar it arrived at about 4am. Still snowing, very light. lots more PPN on the way.

Temp 0.2 and rising. Dew point -2.7

Posted

lots of snow in leighton buzzard woopieee dooo ,i suppose UPS wont deliver my motherboard again !

my wind guage has frozen

Current data for Linslade

13 January 2010 09:00:53

Temperature (°C):

Current 0.0

Trend (per hour) +0.1

Average today 0.2

Wind chill 0.0

Humidex -2.4

Dew Point -1.1

Rel Humidity 92%

Wind (mph):

Current Gust 0.0 SE

Average Speed 0.0 ---

Rainfall (mm):

Current rate 0.0

Last hour 0.0

Total today 0.0

Total yesterday 0.0

Total this month 7.8

Total this year 7.8

Pressure (mb):

Current 1000.3

Trend (per hour) +0.3

Posted

Looking good on the radar. Shame we missed out on that big from weekend though, with that one and this one,would really have caused chaos.whistling.gif

Still lets hope the mild spell is short lived and see if the east can deliver, Roads will be a nightmare ALL.

Posted

Lets hope the disruption is minimal and people learn to cope with an inch or two on the ground, its not a big deal and has really affected some people's livelihoods. As before, i see Norfolk getting nothing more than a dusting and i expect as a result half the schools will close :acute:

Posted

Morning All.

All quiet on the Peterborough front, thick grey clouds, temp (according to car therm) 1.5c.

Glad to hear some had the good stuff :acute: xxx

Posted

I have just had the journey from hell. I live in Dunstable, I had to travel to Slip End to collect a couple of colleagues, then to another part of Dunstable to collect another colleague, I left home at 7:15am. The hill to slip end was a treacherous then, I had to ask the Dunstable friend to walk to meet me as I was not going to get near her house. An hour and 40 minutes later I arrived in MK, all roads treacherous, even the A5. Snowing continuously, brakes not very effective. Just don't go out, it's the worst driving conditions I've ever known, no point going home, as the A5 is at a standstill southbound.

Posted

Brakes dont work in the snow, thats why you have to drive slower than normal and use the gears (engine braking) to slow down. Anything more than a touch on the brakes will causes them to lock up, or the ABS will go crazy as it tries to find which tyre has the most grip. Cars without ABS can be better in the snow because it can allow locked up wheels to dig into snow unless its already compacted.

Posted

I have just had the journey from hell. I live in Dunstable, I had to travel to Slip End to collect a couple of colleagues, then to another part of Dunstable to collect another colleague, I left home at 7:15am. The hill to slip end was a treacherous then, I had to ask the Dunstable friend to walk to meet me as I was not going to get near her house. An hour and 40 minutes later I arrived in MK, all roads treacherous, even the A5. Snowing continuously, brakes not very effective. Just don't go out, it's the worst driving conditions I've ever known, no point going home, as the A5 is at a standstill southbound.

That sounds horrendus!!!. Very bad here too in leighton Buzzard tried to do the school run and cars were getting stuck in the town.......all schools open and its utter chaos out there!!!

Posted

That sounds horrendus!!!. Very bad here too in leighton Buzzard tried to do the school run and cars were getting stuck in the town.......all schools open and its utter chaos out there!!!

How much snow have you had?

Posted

How much snow have you had?

about 3 to 4cms and still snowing. tried to do school run 40mins ago and the dry gap the car left on drive is now covered!! its caught a lot of people out i feel as we didn't really expect this much today. Wet snow, may a little dusting if we're lucky was one bbc forecast i heard!!!

And still snowing with radar saying it will continue for a few more hours!!

Edited by meltz!

Posted

What is going on with the Met Office weather warnings? Our region is sticking right into the orange area but is still a stubborn yellow! cc_confused.gif

We have 3cms and still snowing. My daughter's school is open and my husband spun the car round 3 times while on the school run. He gave up on taking my son to nursery unsure.gif

Edited by Mrs M

Posted

Well on the weather forecast on the bbc saying that this mild spell will only last till monday temps going drop rapidly, the west only ones to see high temps in the east still very cold so we will get minimal mildness as monday the east is coming back.whistling.gif

What is going on with the Met Office weather warnings? Our region is sticking right into the orange area but is still a stubborn yellow! cc_confused.gif

We have 3cms and still snowing. My daughter's school is open and my husband spun the car round 3 times while on the school run. He gave up on taking my son to nursery unsure.gif

I just dont understand where there info comes from, same here we are only yellow on m/o, I can honistly say its quite deep here and has not stopped since i was up at 5.30am.cc_confused.gif

Posted

Well on the weather forecast on the bbc saying that this mild spell will only last till monday temps going drop rapidly, the west only ones to see high temps in the east still very cold so we will get minimal mildness as monday the east is coming back.whistling.gif

Does it snow for 6 hours in a mild spell? :)

Still snowing......... :)

Posted

Hi Mrs M

i had exact same prob in the end i just turned around and came home all 3 boys off school again and im stuck at home as cant teach people to drive in this!!!