• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Very light here in morriston now:( will it get heavier again? Pllleeeaaasssee say yes:)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSS

Posted

What's the feeling on whether it will reach NE Wales?

The system has stalled as it hit the brick wall of cold so not likely to get up there for some time. When it does it will have weakened a lot....

Posted

Mrmonopoly

You sure it's 'sleet'?

Maybe it looks 'rainy' because of the small flakes and strong wind in some of the lighter preiods?

just did a field test it is now snow but was sleet earlier

aberavon

and it is getting heavy

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Grrr, cmon just 10 miles more north pls!

Painfully slow if not stopped moving north now is n't it...also the band fizzling on the NE edge which does not help you around Aber. Nice moderate snowfall settling well even on the road now here. Would hope to have a few more inches by morning before the thaw starts in earnest!

Posted

Mrmonopoly

You sure it's 'sleet'?

Maybe it looks 'rainy' because of the small flakes and strong wind in some of the lighter preiods?

We have had a bit of sleet here too(brynamman),as hard as it is to believe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Is it likely to stay as snow here all night? or will the milder air ruin things?

Posted

We have had a bit of sleet here too(brynamman),as hard as it is to believe

THat is clearly wrong, we are lower down than you ant its pure snow here and very bad drifting. It was more than likely fine flakes of snow blowing on a horizontal wind so you can't tell so much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Snow has stopped completely here in Rhoose, nothing for at least 30 minutes now

Posted

Is it likely to stay as snow here all night? or will the milder air ruin things?

yes and most the valleys will be at a standstill by morning with the drifting...We will need a plough by then to get us to a main road.

Posted

THat is clearly wrong, we are lower down than you ant its pure snow here and very bad drifting. It was more than likely fine flakes of snow blowing on a horizontal wind so you can't tell so much.

That's what I was thinking for Port Talbot if you understood my post... but never mind all.

(by the way not much here compared to some places like you Adam, hell of a battle to stick initially. Altitude make a difference)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Winds were forecast to be SE. My observation is they're much more easterly and this is much more a case of cold winning out.

Hope so, they are also coming from the east here to :clap: I have to say, we didnt see it accumulate this quick back in feb, cold get as much as 6inches if it stays like this maybe? Looks like i wont be in school tomorrow!! fingers crossed

Posted

Milder air or westerly is still way out to the adlantic thats not due until tommorow. Wind is actually North East at the moment.

Looks like the front has started to stall. Gone back to fully snow again now. It was sleet for a time looks like the undercut is happening better than people thought.

Depth is not incresing much its slighty thawing as its being topped up. What about you down in aberavon?.

Edited by mrmonopoly

Posted

That's what I was thinking for Port Talbot if you understood my post... but never mind all.

(by the way not much here compared to some places like you Adam, hell of a battle to stick initially. Altitude make a difference)

You're right about the altitude- The minor green bits I had have totally filled in, there's an inch plus on top of the 2/3" left from last week and there's drifts forming at the bottom of the garden!

Posted

just got back guys and not stating the obvious but do NOT venture out unless its critical or urgent. The roads are very hazardous - just returned from an incident involving a fire engine which had skidded and crashed into a car. if these guys cant handle the weather then we all have no chance. i dont think this is going to be a quiet night.

Posted

Hope so, they are also coming from the east here to :winky: I have to say, we didnt see it accumulate this quick back in feb, cold get as much as 6inches if it stays like this maybe? Looks like i wont be in school tomorrow!! fingers crossed

Yes absolutely fantastic in bridgend this evening, lets just hope it can stay this heavy and this cold throughout he night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

4-5 Possibly 6 inches here now with higher drifts. Anyone in the Mumbles, whats going on there?

Posted

just been out for a look at the main road here in Maesteg(Bridgend Road). traffic still moving, just. My road is just about impassable already. drifts building up around the cars. Pavements invisible. radar suggesting it should be slackening off for us, but it's really coming down out there. more lining up in the channel as well.

odds on the power going out?

Posted

Milder air or westerly is still way out to the adlantic thats not due until tommorow. Wind is actually North East at the moment.

Looks like the front has started to stall. Gone back to fully snow again now. It was sleet for a time looks like the undercut is happening better than people thought.

Depth is not incresing much its slighty thawing as its being topped up. What about you down in aberavon?.

even thou we have heavy snow it seems a little on the wet side to stick proper against walls you can see it stick but still a bit too mild

so far hoping it will get even more heaveir