Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion Rhan

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Just been out and measured, between 1-2inches aready. 1inch on the pattio, and 2 inches on the green box thing we keep out summer chairs etc in! still heavy blowing snow here although still small flakes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Snow stopped here but temperature has sharply dropped to 0.8c. Bedlam on the roads away from the sea, a car has overturned at Murton petrol station and there's a tailback to Mumbles Road.

is there snow on Mumbles Road?

Posted

Just been out and measured, between 1-2inches aready. 1inch on the pattio, and 2 inches on the green box thing we keep out summer chairs etc in! still heavy blowing snow here although still small flakes.

2inches here, maybe more on the wall, its creeping up!

Posted

No school for you tomorrow, i have an exam at 1.30 tomorrow lol.

Posted

2cm fallen here since 3pm so not bad & still coming down. I can't see this lasting till tomorrow lunchtime tho - the front will have passed us by 9pm tonight I reckon....anyone else think the same?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Snow very light now in Rhoose, slight covering on top of what was already on the ground ..i guess the heavier stuff is on it's way later tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Still snowing, 5inches of snow on the ground now. 2inches today (so far) and the left overs from the other day(3inches)

Posted

2cm fallen here since 3pm so not bad & still coming down. I can't see this lasting till tomorrow lunchtime tho - the front will have passed us by 9pm tonight I reckon....anyone else think the same?

who knows what this front will do as regards slowing up hitting the cold air or stalling etc

Posted

I have to say that I didn't expect the snow to stick today but we have about 1-2cmn the grass and the (side) road outside the house is covered.

Looking at the radar we could be hit by another heavy burst shortly.

Posted

Still snowing, 5inches of snow on the ground now. 2inches today (so far) and the left overs from the other day(3inches)

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Nope, still hasnt really stuck along the main road even on the grass.

ok, tell me when it gets heavy again!

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Quite rough here and blowing all over the place with quite a bit of settling snow - just got up my street in the car and parked up - anyone else will now struggle as it is impossible to get any grip. Temperature has dropped to 0.1 degrees - wind is very strong.

This keeps up - it will be substantial - hope there is no let up!

JK

Posted

who knows what this front will do as regards slowing up hitting the cold air or stalling etc

no sign so far though

steaming through us.

still light snow here, and blowing around well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Just started snowing in Aberystwyth :)Temp about 0C

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Light to moderate snow since 1515 here has given a fresh but rather slushy covering. Temp good though now 0.2c and dp -1.2c, after a max 1400 of 2.3c. Still 10cm left on the lawn from last Tuesday has not melted much. Drifting from fields onto lanes from old snow with the fresh east wind today.

The band over south Wales seems to be losing intensity atm.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

No school for you tomorrow, i have an exam at 1.30 tomorrow lol.

I hope i dont have school lol, thought i had an exam tomoz but its actually thursday lol still heavy, blowing snow here, hope its like this for a long time!! really hope the front slows and stalls over us giving a dumping lol. if it was to be like this all night, could have maybe 6inches or more in the morning, although it wont last that long will it?

Posted

Quite rough here and blowing all over the place with quite a bit of settling snow - just got up my street in the car and parked up - anyone else will now struggle as it is impossible to get any grip. Temperature has dropped to 0.1 degrees - wind is very strong.

This keeps up - it will be substantial - hope there is no let up!

JK

it's going to ease off for you by the looks of it, but you are well in the snow level, so you should have steady blowing snow all night. bit worried our snow is going to turn back to rain/sleet. we're really close to that level here on the radar. if it doesn't, there's some juicy looking stuff brewing over in Somerset.