Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion Rhan

Methuselah

Posted

Take a look at the new convergence zone appearing in a line from SW right up through channel where what looks like a thunderstorm forming ahead of the green blob. It turned yellow for a good 15 mins. Looks like a classic undercut to me and its created forcing.

Is that good for snow?

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Guys should i tell my dad to leave work earlier? he's in newport working until 8pm tonight.

I think so - he is going to find it difficult otherwise to get home.

JK

Posted

translation?

grease the shovel?

polar bear alert?

:lol:

no, seriously, sounds good, I THINK!! :blink:

Its very good, it means the system is pulling large amounts of new power from the ocean and its forcing it high into atmosphere. If you watch the percep on the radar you will see it hits a invisible line and suddenly intesifies. Which has just started to happen on the south wales coast, and further down in the channel.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Guys should i tell my dad to leave work earlier? he's in newport working until 8pm tonight.

I phoned my parents they work in Llanishen and they not comeing home because the traffic is apariently ridiculous on the A470.

Posted

Got deep drifts here already couldnt open the front door just now i've never seen snow this intense , its blizzard conditions with alot of drifting foreexample only 2cm has accumilated on one path out of the wind but in the wind an extra 2 inches has accumilated on top of a good base to start with.

Posted

Its very good, it means the system is pulling large amounts of new power from the ocean and its forcing it high into atmosphere. If you watch the percep on the radar you will see it hits a invisible line and suddenly intesifies. Which has just started to happen on the south wales coast, and further down in the channel.

ok

here we go then.

Posted

Heavy snow here in Cwmbran, it's starting to stick on the main roads, at rush hour!

Looks like it will be another night of lampost watching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

is anyone having trouble getting sky? (tv)

Posted

Yep and the power is flickering on and off which is hindering my internet connection.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Take a look at the new convergence zone appearing in a line from SW right up through channel where what looks like a thunderstorm forming ahead of the green blob. It turned yellow for a good 15 mins. Looks like a classic undercut to me and its created forcing.

Well very unlikely the stuff over the channel will end up over Wales what with the stalling appearing to be over mid and west Wales currently. Also thats probably rain down there anyway.

No lightning anywhere according to NW radar.

Edit unless you mean teh Bristol Channel that is! That should reach south Wales.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Yep and the power is flickering on and off which is hindering my internet connection.

have not had sky tv for about 2 hours now, also power is flickering

Posted

So when is the thunder storm set to hit us?

Posted

evening all, wales/andymusic in particular. just thought i would give you a general update on road A470 from cardiff is nose to tail, power station hill (new bybass) impassable although because of rush hour its jammed. heard from emergency services as i type there has been a serious accident near treforest estate. to make matters worse i am on call and literally just had my first callout this minute. just hope the 4x4 manages these conditions, will check back in when i return.

Posted

I think it's really funny - we in wales are having a complete white out blizzard - and not a thing is being mentioned on news24 - if this was happening in london all hell would break loose with reports from all over the place - total bias - crazy!!!!!!!!!

Posted

if you can reach the dish, give it a clean with a brush, or something.. if you can't, tough t**ty. :rolleyes:

it's snow on the dish.

had this problem 3 or 4 years back and when the sky man cam to put sky+ in in 2006, i had him to put the dish at a height i can at least reach with a broom if it snowed as heavily again.

Posted

if you can reach the dish, give it a clean with a brush, or something.. if you can't, tough t**ty. :rolleyes:

it's snow on the dish.

had this problem 3 or 4 years back and when the sky man cam to put sky+ in in 2006, i had him to put the dish at a height i can at least reach with a broom if it snowed as heavily again.

yeah your right, the dish faces the very strong easterly wind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

I think it's really funny - we in wales are having a complete white out blizzard - and not a thing is being mentioned on news24 - if this was happening in london all hell would break loose with reports from all over the place - total bias - crazy!!!!!!!!!

Thats because the "bankers" are more important than the rest of us. Without them....

Coming down nicely in west Cardiff now - bring it on!!smiliz19.gif

Posted

evening all, wales/andymusic in particular. just thought i would give you a general update on road A470 from cardiff is nose to tail, power station hill (new bybass) impassable although because of rush hour its jammed. heard from emergency services as i type there has been a serious accident near treforest estate. to make matters worse i am on call and literally just had my first callout this minute. just hope the 4x4 manages these conditions, will check back in when i return.

thanks for that mate - am safely tucked up at my gfriends place on top of the graig in black rd with my car safely pulled out/outside - it's a total whiteout blizzard outside - amazing weather

Posted

have you noticed the front edge of the front seems to be 'eroding', don't know if that's the right word, and an intense band of precipitation seems to have formed RIGHT over me. from just south of bristol all the way nearly to the west wales coast?

lol

what's that all about then?