• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

interesting isn't it! I wonder what effect this will have on the models?

may encourage the cold spell to hang around a little longer who knows - but the models think it'll be ok to get the bbqs out on saturday with 8c - mind you there'll be hurricane type winds so you might wanna tie your burgers down to it

Edited by andymusic

Posted

4-5 Possibly 6 inches here now with higher drifts. Anyone in the Mumbles, whats going on there?

Yes its still snowing and its fairly heavy. It is settling on most surfaces including the roads, but we are relatively high here so I cant confirm whether its the same along the front. The air temp has been around 0.9c having been 2.2 c when the fun started.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yes its still snowing and its fairly heavy. It is settling on most surfaces including the roads, but we are relatively high here so I cant confirm whether its the same along the front. The air temp has been around 0.9c having been 2.2 c when the fun started.

Good news, im around 400ft above sea level. I walked down the hill and it was slushy roads, came back up and covered, even 100ft makes a difference

Posted

right im going out braving the conditions now to take the puppy for a walk lol whistling.gif be back soon:)

Need to use the back door though:P front door cant open it.

As was said to Scott... he could be "some time".

Posted

Good news, im around 400ft above sea level. I walked down the hill and it was slushy roads, came back up and covered, even 100ft makes a difference

Pencoed is barely 75 ASL and around 5 miles from the coast. We have no slushy roads here. Even the M4 has snow on it.

Posted

Sorry mate not everyone lives in swansea lol.....temps are warmer where you are.

Im sorry thought cardiff was on the coast.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Still very light here, any chance of it getting heavier?

A good chance- its been moderate to quite heavy here for over an hour now and has given about 5cm fresh fall.

Our more intense snow gradually edging NE towards Tregaron so should get to Llanafon in an hour or so.

Posted

Absolutelly nowt here in Machynlleth...

Only needs 10 miles ish further north :crazy: been like this for hours now lol!

Posted

anything to watch for on the radar?

getting light pink fatigue here!

:crazy:

Posted

according to raintoday the snow dies diagonally south-east in a line from around Aberystwyth.

Bloody typical!

Posted

heavy snow blizzard here now not giving up and for the forseeable future into tomorrow

Can you explain why snow will get heavier overnight when cornwall is clear?

Posted

-`12 id stay of the pop if i was you.

Check out the GFS - once this heavy snow has finished it progs a clear spot for over night tomorrow night and with the snow deep and crisp and even it has -12 progged for all night - freezin because of the laying snow and no cloud cover

Edited by andymusic

Posted

I'm moving down to Cwmdare soon so you Welshys better get used to me and my Lestohhh accent. :crazy:

Oh yes they just adore the English Andy... but I hear you have Welsh blood?

Posted

Only needs 10 miles ish further north :) been like this for hours now lol!

let me know when it gets to you mate! I've already 'waxed' my sledge just in case... Sky weather on now - "6 inches of snow" quoted.

Posted

Kieth - snow is progged to keep going both by Meto/GFS/and beeb forecasters throughout the night and into tomorrow morning - why would I disbelieve them?

Posted

Check out the GFS - once this heavy snow has finished it progs a clear spot for over night tomorrow night and with the snow deep and crisp and even it has -12 progged for all night - freezin because of the laying snow and nill cloud cover

Ah GFS that model renowned for accurate minima projections.

I think more like murky gradual thawing from tomorrow with clear skies limited so not much below zero from now on.

Posted

Nothing sticking on the front in Mumbles, just a slushy mix on side roads. The earlier stuck snow has gone and snow is sleety.

Gower is absolutely blanketed

Posted

Ah GFS that model renowned for accurate minima projections.

I think more like murky gradual thawing from tomorrow with clear skies limited so not much below zero from now on.

Nope - warm up will not be till late friday/saturday - 8c

two nights of freezin down to -11 - -12 from tomorrow night - small high pressure and snow laying on the ground - will take a couple of days to shift/melt this snow

Edited by andymusic

Posted

interestingly, the sleet level now has pushed out right into the bristol channel.

does this indicate the cold air pushing even further?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Oh yes they just adore the English Andy... but I hear you have Welsh blood?

Well I don't have Welsh blood in me but my Uncle who is more like my Brother is married to a Welsh girl and they have Welsh children that have very strong valley accents so I guess i'd class myself as being part Welsh :) I prefer Wales to Leicester though in most ways. The only downfall about living in the valleys is that there isn't much to do at times compared to a big city like Leicester but I prefer the peace and quiet of the valleys anyway.