Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion Rhan

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Has started to turn to sleet here in port talbot, what about you guys in swansea

Really? still snow here and hope it stays as snow! still heavy but not as heavy. How long is it going to last? will it last till the morning? or not? on never mind lol anwer is in post above!

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

have you noticed the front edge of the front seems to be 'eroding', don't know if that's the right word, and an intense band of precipitation seems to have formed RIGHT over me. from just south of bristol all the way nearly to the west wales coast?

lol

what's that all about then?

convergence zone!

Posted

I think it's really funny - we in wales are having a complete white out blizzard - and not a thing is being mentioned on news24 - if this was happening in london all hell would break loose with reports from all over the place - total bias - crazy!!!!!!!!!

Don't underestimate the difficulties meedja-types face trying to get home to Notting Hill. It can be a nightmare!

Posted

most of the night into tomorrow morning

great stuff. although i dont know why i love it so much - slipped down icy steps sat morn and broke my wrist and badly bruised my back. this weather has not been kind to me at all!

Posted

Wish I was in the (puts Welsh accent on) VALLEEYYYS right now!

The hills are the best place tonight roads will be all blocked by tomorrow from all the drifting thats been going on all day and tonight. :D

Posted

great stuff. although i dont know why i love it so much - slipped down icy steps sat morn and broke my wrist and badly bruised my back. this weather has not been kind to me at all!

ouch!

unlucky.

Posted

sorry to hear that - it only takes one slip and you go down like a sack of potatoes

Posted

have you noticed the front edge of the front seems to be 'eroding', don't know if that's the right word, and an intense band of precipitation seems to have formed RIGHT over me. from just south of bristol all the way nearly to the west wales coast?

lol

what's that all about then?

I think that's a result of the front beginning to stall. The energy is still being pushed in from the SW, but it has nowhere to go, so drops its load where it is- ie S Wales at the moment.

If you read the live trafic updates, driving round Pembs and Carms is getting seriously hazardous! Just glad I'm at home...

Edited by benb

Posted

convergence zone!

Yep as I said earlier thats going to push slowly in shortly with showers behind I would say. Thats where the milder air is hitting the cold air. When that frontal zone pushes over is probably where low levels turns to sleet. However if it continues to undercut like Jackone said before then it wont.

Posted

Yep as I said earlier thats going to push slowly in shortly with showers behind I would say. Thats where the milder air is hitting the cold air. When that frontal zone pushes over is probably where low levels turns to sleet. However if it continues to undercut like Jackone said before then it wont.

You still have your sleet in there :D i thnk you should come to garnant mate:P

Posted

I think that's a result of the front beginning to stall. The energy is still being pushed in from the SW, but it has nowhere to go, so drops its load where it is- ie S Wales at the moment.

If you read the live trafic updates, driving round Pembs and Carms is getting seriously hazardous! Just glad I'm at home...

I think BTL must have the edge of that 'stall' - it's been quite heavy here for last 30 mins. I'm near the Almondsbury interchange where M4 and M5 meet

Posted

Looking at the radar the system does seem to have stalled. As has been said all the energy though is still being pumped up towards us - the snow is getting deep here now with lots of drifting already. And with snow falling all night will be an interesting scene in the morning. Could be the worse snowfall since the 80's if it keeps falling...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Im in trouble here diablo.gif my front door faces the SE and is exposed and its drifting right up against it. The lanes here are completely impassable. 2feet drifts conditions getting worse and worse.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Flakes have gotten bigger here, around normal size now :) still blowing like mad and heavy although not whiteout conditions! a few inches here!