Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion Rhan

Methuselah

Posted

Easing off here now, and turning to wetish snow. Still tho had a nice dusting from this beast. Mountains vanished for a time.

It's only just started and there's loads to come mate

Posted

looks like a big hole is appearing in the band over the bristol channel anyone have any ideas?

Posted

Hi all still going good guns here but been looking at radar and it seems to be pushing through very fast, on news weather they say all night until morn but how can it with this radar? is it going to stall anyone able to give a answer?

I'm thinking the same thing.....it'll be all over in a few hours at the rate of the front on radar

Posted

It's only just started and there's loads to come mate

Yea I been watching it on the radar. The warmer air behind has not pushed through yet. I be watching in anticipation but im on low ground so hopefully it wont turn. Looking good at the moment even if its gone to drizzle

Posted

I think they heaviest stuff has passed here for the moment lets hope the rest out in channel stays as snow. The radar has started to turn it more sleety here but its still lightly snowing.

Stop mild ramping...this snow is quality long live the cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'm thinking the same thing.....it'll be all over in a few hours at the rate of the front on radar

it's moving slow

Posted

Hi all still going good guns here but been looking at radar and it seems to be pushing through very fast, on news weather they say all night until morn but how can it with this radar? is it going to stall anyone able to give a answer?

think it may stall a little over night

Posted

I think this was the 64,000 dollar question that the meto weren't sure about - hence not knowing how far the front was gonna push through and which areas to give warnings to

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Looks like a heavier pulse pushing into Devon at the moment should push north and hit the Wales a bit later.

Heavier?:L its heavy enough as it is! but bring it snow:)

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

0.9C here in Cwmbran SE Wales. Wind now picking up...cold....snowing moderately now here in Upper Cwmbran. This is going to be some event.....

I bet Wales doesn't get much of a mention on the news tomorrow morning even though all the schools will be closed and abandoned cars will be everywhere. I can see about a foot of snow here tonight and tomorrow morning ( if I keep my fingers tightly crossed )

Bullworker

Cwmbran np44 postcode upper ground 150m asl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

How long can we expect the snow? small flakes but still heavy, although not as heavy. Im hoping that as its getting darker and we go into the night, it wont turn to sleet or anything :S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

festering rain as always in Milford. Really really pees me off! I have just seen a griiter go by thoug, bit daft as anything they speard will just be washed away in the heavy rain. Tem prising again here now 2.6

woody

Posted

sleet level is disturbingly close to me now on the radar

Posted

Stop panicing met office says snow through the night.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

How long can we expect the snow? small flakes but still heavy, although not as heavy. Im hoping that as its getting darker and we go into the night, it wont turn to sleet or anything :S

looking at the radar the main band seems to be further south away from Wales....Am i reading this right or not ????

Posted

Snow has stopped here, still only 1.8oC tho. Not really increased at all. We got about 1-2cm from that blast. Here hoping for next load.

Dont worry about sleet mark on the radar it should be rain here and its not yet so good luck Glanamman man :rofl:

Posted

Snow stopped here but temperature has sharply dropped to 0.8c. Bedlam on the roads away from the sea, a car has overturned at Murton petrol station and there's a tailback to Mumbles Road.