Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion Rhan

Methuselah

Posted

Where's MRmonopoly i know it all and arent a mild ramper at the moment?

Hibernating I would think. :unsure:

And awaiting his mild moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

WOw i cant see very far!

Posted

Here in Cardiff ( ely / st fagans) area its sticking nicely on the roads and grass easily so looks like a really good night. Might have got this forecast right ( not like sundays!)

You had it spot on my friend. Well done!

Posted

Never seen it like this, wow. Just recorded a wind of 56mph here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Light snow justed started in Merthyr

Posted

Am I a bad mother? Live on a hill and cars really slip and slide trying to get up here so I won't let my kids out untill the traffic calms down a bit. I think it's to dangerous

nope - make sure it's safe 1st - drivers cannot stop their cars sliding in this icy weather and that leads to very dangerous situations

really piling up here - blowing a gale as well

Oh well - all the doom and gloom (it's gonna be sleet/rain) merchants have been silenced today - they've just been used to quoting that stupid phrase a "even larger teapot" this ain't a even larger teapot or may be it's the new modern winters we'll be having from now on - who knows - but well done all of us who called this one right!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

well I'm very happy for all of you down south! I hope we get some up in Mid Wales, although I doubt we'll get it as bad as you lot! (leave some for us won't you!?)

Enjoy it if you can. Keep safe!

Impster

Posted

Mega blizzard conditions here now and alot of drifting. there are places where the snow is sticking and piling up so fast then blowing to the wall its unbelievable.

Posted

Nothing happening in Newport as we speak - but 16:30 I'm off home to the Rhymney Valley then down to Cardiff for the night - want it to snow- but not heavy until I can get back into the Valleys before midnight - perhaps not the smartest thing I'll ever do but fingers crossed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just cleared the driveway (don't know why) a good 5cm already here

Posted

nope - make sure it's safe 1st - drivers cannot stop their cars sliding in this icy weather and that leads to very dangerous situations

really piling up here - blowing a gale as well

Oh well - all the doom and gloom (it's gonna be sleet/rain) merchants have been silenced today - they've just been used to quoting that stupid phrase a "even larger teapot" this ain't a even larger teapot or may be it's the new modern winters we'll be having from now on - who knows - but well done all of us who called this one right!

Notice how we use to see lots of people using the even larger teapot , have stopped ,also article in newspaper this morning saying that top scientists are saying the next 10 yrs are going to get colder , before gw starts again what a load of bulls- - - -.

Posted

I think they heaviest stuff has passed here for the moment lets hope the rest out in channel stays as snow. The radar has started to turn it more sleety here but its still lightly snowing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Very heavy snow for past hour or so, blizzard! maybe as much as an inch already or near enough!!

I looked like a snowman by the time i got home from school :)

Edited by Deepsnow

Posted

Hi all still going good guns here but been looking at radar and it seems to be pushing through very fast, on news weather they say all night until morn but how can it with this radar? is it going to stall anyone able to give a answer?

Posted

Nothing happening in Newport as we speak - but 16:30 I'm off home to the Rhymney Valley then down to Cardiff for the night - want it to snow- but not heavy until I can get back into the Valleys before midnight - perhaps not the smartest thing I'll ever do but fingers crossed

Whereabouts are you? There are a few flakes blowing around here in Bassaleg. Hopefully it's just getting started. Looks like it's petering out a bit on the NW radar though- really hope not.

Edit- Just going heavy now, small flakes though at the moment being blown about a bit.

Edited by ToffeeWales

Posted

You'll be lucky to get to the rhumney valley in this in the 1st place

Posted

Temperture falling rapidly. currently -0.9c its going to be snow here throughout. 1inch fresh already.