Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion Rhan

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Haven't had much at all :) and to make matters worse, we've now got a great big hole over us on the radar..

Posted

I'll get a piccy taken then of my thermometer for tomorrow night! - love a challenge!

Just looked outside - and it looks like the inside of my freezer before i defrost it - snow absolutely everywhere in copious amounts - I can certainly see where possibly GFS will get this very low temp for tomorrow night as this freezer effect from the snow plus no cloud cover letting any warmth leave the atmosphere should lead to a bone chilling -12

Your not allowed to drain the thermometer to suit mind.

Also i think we need a witness to the photo taking, and perhaps Norris Mqwhirter from the Guinnes book of records.

Sky news usually send a reporter to the coldest place,so id get some hobnobs and maybe some rich tea in.

...... just looked for a biscuit eating emoticon but there isnt one.

Posted

Best snow I've experienced for many many years here. And still banging it down.

glad you're satisfied - I think all of britain has now had their fair share of snow - just - now we can get out of the freezer for a bit to get back to normality and then look for the next lot - around possibly the 25th Jan through Feb into March

Posted

not tonight - tomorrow night once the front clears!

SSorry and you got more chance of david cameron joining the labour party than you getting -12.

Posted

Woah, I take it all back, we have moderate to heavy snow here in Barry. We have had snow from 3pm onwards here and up until 8ish we hadn't had any snow settling, but in the last hour we have a dusting and snow is still coming down.

Posted

Having stalled for a couple of hours the northen edge of the precip has now made progress northwards again but with decreased intensity.

Stopped snowing here in Tregaron but expecting more light snowfall thru the night

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

the amount of snow generally left over for the over night period will influence this extreme temperature drop - meaning it will be localised - so you may only get -2 but I may get -12

Fair enough -2c here and -12c in your garden it is then, bearing in mind that I recorded some of the lowest temps in Wales last week, -10c or lower on 4 nights, the coldest -16.7c.

Posted

Fair enough -2c here and -12c in your garden it is then, bearing in mind that I recorded some of the lowest temps in Wales last week, -10c or lower on 4 nights, the coldest -16.7c.

ok your on - you can trust me - I'll get you some pics of my mega snowfest and also the thermometer - see no point in "cheating" if it doesn't happen then my faith in the GFS will be shaken a little but we'll see

Posted

Eh! NEWS24 have just given us a mention - amazing - london will be worried!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry - they will soon forget about us when the thaw starts and they get floods!

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

I cant get out of my street.... my mums car stuck at bottom of the hill!!!!

...lucky you ....I can't get out of the front door!!

JK

Posted

no wind in Ogmore vale and gales here?

ut wt in en

yes its quite weird we was out garden for ages and only had a few gusts but went in bath 10 mins ago and i looked out of window and snow being blown off roofs.but deffinity no where near as windy as it was earlier. and considering we have has quite a lot of snow the main roads are still being used by a couple of mad car drivers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Light snowfall continues here, are likely to see further moderate to heavy stuff?

Posted

It snowed in Cardiff???

Who'd have thought it eh?! I have about two cms on the top of the mostly redundant sledge - ha - not redundant anymore !! Have to give it to the met office/bbc though - got it mostly spot on for us today although didn't see all the updates. Right - where's the best place for sledging in cardiff?rolleyes.gif

Posted

Astonishing snowfall here in Tonyrefail. Took me 3.5 hours to get home from cardiff today. Must be about 8" lying now and still snowing hard.